• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese father breaks down after son he tutored daily for a year scores a 6/100 on math exam

Bear5131

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Hahahaha!!

It's not the student, it's the teacher

A Chinese father who reportedly tutored his son daily for a year went viral for bursting into tears after his son scored six out of 100 points on a math exam.

The child’s parents from Zhengzhou, Henan Province, received his test score on June 23. Upon learning that their son had only received six points for his final math test, the father burst into tears, as seen in a video posted to Weibo by Qilu Evening News.

“I don’t care anymore, my efforts are wasted, let him struggle by himself!” the father reportedly said.

You would cry too if you suddenly found out that your only hope for your family to move up China's social-economic ladder has now been relegated to a lowly dim-sum cook.

His score went down after tutoring.

Taught kid to hate math!

Hahahaha!!

Since you're being so classy, why not laugh at this kid, too?

Trumpism: evil is the point, but sometimes it goes half-ass and lands on ugly.

Having lived and worked overseas for many years, and almost the last decade in the PRC, I can say that these stories, though tragic, can be found in the US and many other countries in equal abundance, if not more. The concern parents have for education in China is like no place I have ever been. Children even take to it, and want to do well. I have a walk of about 20 minutes from my apartment highrise in the Pudong area of Shanghai to our corporate offices at the World Financial Center. Every morning I am approached by students on their way to or from school, just for the opportunity to speak a few words of English. Many I have now come to know well after talking just a few minutes each day over the last several years. Yet, the same is true regardless of where I travel in China. They want to engage and learn even more, practicing English whenever they can. At the same time, when the average young person talks about dreams and aspirations, you will hear him or her say that they want to be a scientist, a doctor, a businessman or a teacher. You rarely hear them say that they want to be an professional athlete or entertainer as in many other countries. You will also hear in following, the expression, "to help my country." Yes, it is sad to hear about these stories as noted above. Yet, there are millions more that are extremely positive. The young people here have many challenges ahead, but I hope that they succeed. They deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom