• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cambodian 'jungle woman' flees back to wild

I saw something like that last night.
It said 174 guests were viewing a thread in the abortion forum.
I was like, "Come on; sure, we're entertaining, but are there really that many people who have no life? I mean, it's 11 o'clock on a Saturday night, here." :confused:
I wonder if someone submitted this thread to stumbled upon or similar?

I do feel badly for her parents. Plus I'm not so sure her life was all that grand since she was stealing pieces of rice from the ground. I wonder if her parents considered letting her run free but leaving access to food for her.

I wonder if someone submitted this thread to stumbled upon or similar?

I do feel badly for her parents. Plus I'm not so sure her life was all that grand since she was stealing pieces of rice from the ground. I wonder if her parents considered letting her run free but leaving access to food for her.

I feel badly for them too.
She's very beautiful, actually- doesn't look anywhere near 29. Looks healthy enough.
You can't tell in the OP picture, but there are other pictures of her on the internet, if you google her name.

Her parents don't even know that she's theirs, really. They lost their daughters over twenty years ago.
They identified this woman as their lost daughter by a "scar on her arm", but refuse to have DNA testing to confirm it.
She could be anyone, really. Some mentally retarded wanderer from another village.
Nobody really knows for sure.
But I feel very bad for them. You can see the pain in her mother's face.

Yes, I googled her earlier and found the story quite compelling. You're right that she's beautiful. I also saw that her "dad" wanted the US to take her and volunteer to rehabilate her. That would have been pure torture for the woman.

"Locals reported sightings of her with a naked man carrying a sword, who they believe to be a jungle spirit."

"Mr Lou blames his daughter's second disappearance on "forest spirits". In a society shrouded in mystic beliefs, he has also enlisted a fortune teller to help with the search. He is saving up for an offering of one wild ox, one pig, one chicken and four jugs of wine, which, the mystic assures him, will secure his daughter's return."

Jungle spirit or forest spirit? ;)

More or less what I figured...

But still, I wonder what would have developed if she was with several other children in the situation hypothesized? A new language, of sorts?

She probably would of retained a form of her original language, to the degree that she understood it.
Adding various sounds to go along to fill in gaps of what she didn't know.

I think it's pretty interesting stuff, I like aboriginal type people.
Very resourceful individuals, especially paleo-technology.

Back
Top Bottom