• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best Use of Congress?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Attachments

• 1674577243449.png
    1674577243449.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 2
Given what the country is going through right now, is this a good use of our government? Concert ticket prices? Really?

I think it's dumb. This and when they made the issue with Dan Snyder of the Redskins/Commanders.

This isn't their jurisdiction.
The Snyder affair was the NFL's jurisdiction.
This Ticketmaster thing is the FTC and/or the DOJ's Anti-Trust Division's jurisdiction.

Congress creates & votes on laws and votes in judges & Presidential cabinet appointments. They should stick to that.

It's not about concert ticket prices, it's about a monopolistic market.
Given what is going on in the world and in the US , this is a non-issue, imo.

Given what is going on in the world and in the US , this is a non-issue, imo.
In theory, Congress can address multiple issues at the same time.

It's not about concert ticket prices, it's about a monopolistic market.
Like i said in my post, that's the DOJ's or FTC's turf. Not Congress.'

In theory.

In practice, i'd be fracking shocked if the lot of them can walk and chew gum at the same time.

We both know that that “theory” doesn’t pan out.

In theory.

In practice, i'd be fracking shocked if the lot of them can walk and chew gum at the same time.
In practice they do consider multiple things at one time.

In practice they do consider multiple things at one time.
Our government is a clown car and has been for years. It appears to be in a death spiral that is accelerating while we look on. You cannot be happy with the direction we are headed….?

We both know that that “theory” doesn’t pan out.
I disagree. They work on multiple things everyday. Unfortunately they seem to allow politics to expand to fill all available space.

Our government is a clown car and has been for years. It appears to be in a death spiral that is accelerating while we look on. You cannot be happy with the direction we are headed….?
Are there states soldiers killing other states soldiers? Our government has survived much worse than we are experiencing now. I'm not pleased with our representatives repping their party instead of their constituents. I'm not pleased with how many voters vote against their own self interest.

Overall, I'd still rather live here than elsewhere.

Are there states soldiers killing other states soldiers? Our government has survived much worse than we are experiencing now. I'm not pleased with our representatives repping their party instead of their constituents. I'm not pleased with how many voters vote against their own self interest.

Overall, I'd still rather live here than elsewhere.
What does this have to do with what is going on here at home?

You asked if I was happy with the direction we are taking.
OK, it wasn’t really a ringing endorsement. We have survived much worse, you say. There is a theory that says something about the amount of stretch in a rubber band, one time you stretch it, it’s bound to break. I tend to lean to pessimism and glass half full scenarios, I guess we’ll see what happens. What age box do you findd yourself checking on forms. I’m next to last or last these days. My bullshit threshold is much lower than it was as a younger man…….

Given what the country is going through right now, is this a good use of our government? Concert ticket prices? Really?

There's a war on, the economy's on the brink, investigations are underway into every aspect of Trump's life and finding the worst. Congress is fighting it's own internal wars and can't pass gas let alone laws.

BUT...we must find out how poor Taylor Swift's fans suffered so greatly! THIS INSTANT!

Democracy itself is at stake.

Do it or become communist! You have only ONE choice, the future of the nation and the wealth of 2% of the people could be negatively effected....for an hour.

OK, it wasn’t really a ringing endorsement. We have survived much worse, you say. There is a theory that says something about the amount of stretch in a rubber band, one time you stretch it, it’s bound to break. I tend to lean to pessimism and glass half full scenarios, I guess we’ll see what happens. What age box do you findd yourself checking on forms. I’m next to last or last these days. My bullshit threshold is much lower than it was as a younger man…….

I'm in the 'older than' category on most forms. Past 75 even polling firms don't care what you think.

My bullshit detector has become fine tuned, a precision instrument.

It's a rare day when we are free of lies.

There's a war on, the economy's on the brink, investigations are underway into every aspect of Trump's life and finding the worst. Congress is fighting it's own internal wars and can't pass gas let alone laws.

BUT...we must find out how poor Taylor Swift's fans suffered so greatly! THIS INSTANT!

Democracy itself is at stake.

Do it or become communist! You have only ONE choice, the future of the nation and the wealth of 2% of the people could be negatively effected....for an hour.
Someone gets it!

Best Use of Congress?​

I'll take "door stops" for $500, Alex.

Given the current state of the two-party political system in this country, what else do you think they could be doing that's more useful?

Back
Top Bottom