• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Army ranger goes to prison for shooting Al Queda operative!

dontworrybehappy

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Let's do what we can to defend this man. He was attacked during interrogation and he is now serving 15 years in prison for premeditated murder. This must be stopped!

DEFEND MICHAEL

Less than two weeks later Mansur was order released due to military intelligence having insufficient evidence to hold him any longer.

(...)

Along the way Behenna ordered his unit to stop and then removed Mansur from the MRAP carrying them. From that point Behenna, "Harry", the platoon sergeant, Hal M. Warner and Mansur disappeared from the platoon's line of sight into a roadside culvert. After some time two shots were heard and then a bright flash was seen from the culvert. During another attempt by Behenna and Harry to interrogate Mansur about the attack on his platoon Behenna shot and killed Mansur, striking him once in the chest and once in the head

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Behenna]Michael Behenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

So he is a war criminal. Why should he not serve 15 years?

Last edited:
Because it is well known that the gov't withheld evidence, testimony of a blood splatter expert who testified at many well known public murder trials who say that Mansur was definitely reaching for Michaels gun when he was shot.

That's why he shouldn't be serving a day in prison, much less a year.

Your wiki source is quite hilarious. From your own wiki site:

Michael Behenna is currently appealing his verdict based on the contention that the prosecution withheld Brady material in the form of the prosecution's forensic analyst Herbert MacDonell's statements to them that his analysis of the wounds corroborated Behenna's accounting of the shooting as being self-defense.[2] The defense contends that Dr. MacDonnell had told the prosecution that Behenna's story was consistent with the forensic evidence and that they needed to alert the defense of that fact under the ruling of the Supreme Court in Brady v. Maryland.

So please tell me since what date is shooting in self defense premeditated murder.

Last edited:
Let's do what we can to defend this man. He was attacked during interrogation and he is now serving 15 years in prison for premeditated murder. This must be stopped!

DEFEND MICHAEL
Right, because these 2 soldiers were stopping to have tea, but they didn't want the rest of the platoon to see them being so gay, so they had to get out of sight to have their tea with a prisoner. The shots and bright flash of light at the first "tea time" must have been a malfunction with the cooking stove they were using to heat the water...

Right, because these 2 soldiers were stopping to have tea, but they didn't want the rest of the platoon to see them being so gay, so they had to get out of sight to have their tea with a prisoner. The shots and bright flash of light at the first "tea time" must have been a malfunction with the cooking stove they were using to heat the water...

Always giving the benefit of the doubt to the enemy jingo.... :roll:

In other words you were just lying... didn't we go round and round about that already?

yes, you lied about me calling troops assholes and pedophiles, I told the truth about you calling one of them a murderer and calling the resucers of the enemy heros.

yes, you lied about me calling troops assholes and pedophiles, I told the truth about you calling one of them a murderer and calling the resucers of the enemy heros.
Well at least I got you to admit you were lying about how many I called a murderer and that the rescuers were not insurgents. :2wave:

I'll take that victory. Now, if you'd like to come clean about this latest lie you are proffering, we might not consider arguing with you a complete waste of time.

Well at least I got you to admit you were lying about how many I called a murderer and that the rescuers were not insurgents. :2wave:

I'll take that victory. Now, if you'd like to come clean about this latest lie you are proffering, we might not consider arguing with you a complete waste of time.

What victory you have called troops murderers and rescuers of the enemy heros. :shrug:

Its a shameful pathetic position For you to be in. Too bad you cant see that. :shrug:

I think four things likely did him in:

1. His own bretheren testified against him.
2. He took and man out sight, the man gets shot and he fails to report what happened (as one would be expected to do after shooting a person one was ordered to release in self defense).
3. On top that they blew the dude up.

If there is other evidence by all means investigate it. But based on the facts as presented what choice did the jury have? It screams guilty. If they left something out by all means retry the case. I still think he'll be found guilty, however. It's not his job to interrogate someone released by the military police. There is no reason to take him aside where no one can see. There is no reason to fail to report a killing in self defense and there is sure as hell no reason to blow him up. If nothing else he's guilty of some pretty piss poor judgement.

I think four things likely did him in:

1. His own bretheren testified against him.
2. He took and man out sight, the man gets shot and he fails to report what happened (as one would be expected to do after shooting a person one was ordered to release in self defense).
3. On top that they blew the dude up.

If there is other evidence by all means investigate it. But based on the facts as presented what choice did the jury have? It screams guilty. If they left something out by all means retry the case. I still think he'll be found guilty, however. It's not his job to interrogate someone released by the military police. There is no reason to take him aside where no one can see. There is no reason to fail to report a killing in self defense and there is sure as hell no reason to blow him up. If nothing else he's guilty of some pretty piss poor judgement.

You got it right, brother. No blind patriotism and no jingo lingo! :mrgreen:

You got it right, brother. No blind patriotism and no jingo lingo! :mrgreen:

And I meant three things did him in, not four! Typo. While it certainly cannot be considered proof of guilt, his behavior was clearly not that of an innocent person shooting someone in self defense. His behavior was pretty much exactly what you would expect for someone guilty of an execution style murder. Again, I'm not saying he did it because all I know is what I read in this thread, but the jury was clearly not out in left field here. From what they were told he's guilty as hell. If those were not all the facts, then let's hear the rest. The explanation for why he was blown up should be quite good.

Or proper due proccess afforded an American soldier.:ssst:

He got proper due process. He was charged, tried and convicted. The presiding judge then ordered both sides in the case to file briefs relating to a possible mistrial based on the opinion of the blood spatter expert. After reading the briefs the judge set an additional hearing and ordered additional briefs, including one from the defense requesting a new trial. He read them and denied defense motions to declare a mistrial and order a new trial. Seems to me he got everything the system entitles him to, including an appeal, which is pending.

He got proper due process. He was charged, tried and convicted. The presiding judge then ordered both sides in the case to file briefs relating to a possible mistrial based on the opinion of the blood spatter expert. After reading the briefs the judge set an additional hearing and ordered additional briefs, including one from the defense requesting a new trial. He read them and denied defense motions to declare a mistrial and order a new trial. Seems to me he got everything the system entitles him to, including an appeal, which is pending.

The pending part is what upsets folk like jingo. ;)

The pending part is what upsets folk like jingo. ;)

He should certainly get a chance to appeal. I don't think it will go well for him (just an opinion based on information in this thread), but he's sure entitled to it.

He should certainly get a chance to appeal. I don't think it will go well for him (just an opinion based on information in this thread), but he's sure entitled to it.

You are probably right. :shrug:

But its a soliers life we are talking about, it should be done right.

You are probably right. :shrug:

But its a soliers life we are talking about, it should be done right.

Agreed. Of course, I would say the same regardless of someone's status as a soldier. But either way...

Back
Top Bottom