• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are There Really Any Unbiased Sources of Information?

makkam

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Question says it all.

I think that everyone has an agenda, and if you mean by unbiased information, the truth, no I don't think there is such a source.

Nothing is unbiased, it's the level of bias that matters. Places like PBS, NPR are relatively unbiased compared to MSNBC, and Fox News.

Question says it all.

no. which is why any wise person will seek to verify claims by using multiple, independent, and unconnected sources making similiar claims.

I trust that most discerning people will agree that multiple “attestations” from people closely associated with or involved in an event are NOT “independent”.For example, one would not accept as true and accurate (without independent verification) historical accounts written by the Kremlin about the Cold War period. The chance of bias is great when history is written from one point of view and not corroborated by other (independent) sources. Writings by a second Kremlin person attesting to what the first said would not be accepted as verification that the historical accounts were correct. Agreed? Apply the same reasoning to biblical history.

I believe that a source can be almost completely unbiased if the events are observed and recorded by someone who is totally uninterested. Also, if a source only contains facts and doesn't try to put forward any sort of thesis or idea, than that can also be unbiased.

Nothing is unbiased. You just have to get all sides of the info before making a real clear opinion on the matter.

I would go with the Onion for the best news ;)

Back
Top Bottom