• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A compliment to Congress

btthegreat

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Its all about the culture within these professions on how they behave under threat, whether it is a cop, a judge, a DistrictAttorney or a journalist. and there was a defining moment for our 'politician's so we have to give credit to our 'congresscritters'. Those members of congress and their staff regardless of party, stayed in that building returned to their duty on the floor, however long it took that night, to get those votes tabulated despite a horrific scene and they did not know for certain whether a second wave of violence was on its way , or nmaybe even an undetected explosive might have been left by their uninvited guests.

They did accept personal risk for country that night. They were more pissed than scared. Tip o my hat to the Speaker, the Majority Leader and those members and staff that returned to duty. In that sense, they uniformly said 'NO!" to those rioters and Donald Trump. While some members who had already decided to object the the vote, staid their course ( I suppose defensible not to change your call either way because of illegal conduct in an odd way) Trump did not gain a single vote for his objections in either house to the elector tabulations under duress or intimidation. He and his cause lost votes. And that was important to that institution and our democracy. That is why Romney made a point to say he was proud to be a member that night. For an institution with a reputation for political cowardice, they refused to show an ounce of physical cowardice that night. I don't know of a single member went home or caved .

Back
Top Bottom