• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 shot and possible smoke device detonated, multiple sources say

BREAKING: CNN reporting that LE says there is clear cell phone video of the suspect.

I'm not sure why this is an issue. At least two people in this thread have noted that the problem is rich white people. Why not just arrest Trump for this? Problem solved. Chime goes away. Job done. Everybody is happy.

Look, you and the other two are the ones blaming this on rich white people. Just get Letitia James to throw Don Trump in jail for this and we've got it knocked. Crime solved!

The suspect is a short, fat, black guy in a hoodie. What a useful description lol

Investigators looking for a U-Haul van with Arizona plates in connection with the Brooklyn subway shooting​

Investigators in New York City are looking for a U-Haul that is allegedly connected to Tuesday’s Brooklyn subway shooting, according to internal NYPD emails viewed by CNN.

The emails do not spell how the van is connected to the shooting.

In the emails, top commanders shared a stock image of a white U-Haul cargo van asking officers to be on lookout for a similar van with an Arizona license plate #AL31408 that authorities believe is “connected with” the subway shooting in which 10 people were struck by gunfire.

The emails were widely sent to NYPD officers and detectives. In one directive, officers were instructed that if they come across the U-Haul van and it is occupied that they should “take extreme precautions” in attempting to stop it, adding that if the van is unoccupied to notify commanders.

According to another directive, officers are told that “if this vehicle is observed moving and occupied, conduct a traffic stop and detain occupants.”

U-Haul says it’s "working closely with authorities to ensure they have any and all available information" related to the search for a rental van and its possible connection to the shooting.

“Law enforcement has alerted us to its search for a rental van and its possible connection to a suspect in today’s incident in New York City,” Sebastien Reyes, U-Haul's vice president of communications, told CNN in a statement. “We are working closely with authorities to ensure they have any and all available information to meet their needs.”

At least 29 people hospitalized in connection with subway shooting, information from local hospitals shows​

At least 29 people have been hospitalized in connection with the Brooklyn subway shooting, according to information provided to CNN by several local hospitals.

Twenty-one patients were admitted, and 10 have since been discharged, to NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn, spokesperson Lacy Scarmana told CNN. The injuries included gunshot wounds and smoke inhalation. Eleven remaining patients are in stable condition with non-life- threatening injuries, she said.

Five patients were admitted to Maimonides Medical Center, spokesperson Suzanne Tammaro told CNN. Three were treated for smoke inhalation and have since been released. Two patients with gunshot wounds remain hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

Three patients were admitted at New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, spokesperson Tony Chau said. One has a gunshot injury, one has a fracture, and one has a “non-trauma-related” injury. All three are in stable condition.

At a news conference earlier today, The FDNY said that they treated and transported 16 patients from the subway shooting. The additional people who were hospitalized likely went to the nearby hospitals on their own, an FDNY spokesperson said.

Preliminary review indicates malfunction with subway station cameras, NYC mayor says

New York City Mayor Eric Adams told WCBS Radio 880 AM that a preliminary review indicates there appeared to be some sort of malfunction with the camera system at the subway station in Tuesday’s shooting.

Adams said investigators are trying to determine whether one camera malfunctioned or whether cameras throughout the entire station malfunctioned.

The mayor said his office is in communication with the MTA and is attempting to clarify details on reports of camera malfunctions.

This was not a random event, it was clearly planned and executed, don't know how multiple smoke bombs were to be set off but it did not happen.
Was it a Trump guy?

OK, how many of those houses in your neighborhood would not be armed with your preferred “gun control” laws in place?
what the heck does that mean? i've not once spoken about gun control laws. hell, i've even posted endlessly that there is no solution and the killings will continue unabated.

Really? That's all you are caring about or is that sarcasm?
Isn’t that important? Was he a Trump deplorable?

There is still some confusion as to what happened. It could have been the Southbound R train at 25th st and the train made it to 36th st. My wife was on the northbound train at 25th st,.
I hope she is okay. We have friends in Brooklyn, but they have all reported back that they are okay

I think he was wearing a Biden hoodie.
While I’m familiar with all the law breakers crossing our southern border with Biden shirts, I’m not up to speed with the hoodies. Bet they gripe if they were made in Florida.

No word on shooter CNN called a gentlemen.

Police said, "Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call 1-800-577-TIPS."

Update (1753ET): CNN's Pervaiz Shallwani said law enforcement officials have identified "the suspect in the Brooklyn subway shooting a

Just quoting myself to emphasize the confidence I have in our NYPD. I believe they are one of the best police departments in the USA if not the world.
They got their man and pretty quickly too !!!!

On a side note what the **** does it matter what this ****en crazy ass terrorist politics is. I doubt he has any ties to politics.

The problem is these cities like Chicago, NYC and other similar ones get their guns through lax laws in other states. We need to have uniform gun laws IMO

This guy also bought a gun LEGALLY in Ohio

Chicago and Illinois have relatively strict gun laws; there are no licensed gun retailers within city limits. Yet rates of gun violence remain high. The gun lobby consistently uses this contradiction to argue that restrictive gun purchasing and ownership laws don’t work. That argument starts to fall apart when you recognize that 60% of guns used in crimes in Chicago are trafficked from other states, particularly neighboring Indiana, which requires no permits, registration, or background checks for purchases.
===============================================
Compare that to a state such as Texas, where no state permit or registration is required to purchase a firearm, and where there are no background checks that would pick up mental health or domestic violence issues. It’s also an open-carry state, where residents can carry rifles and handguns without a license. In fact, only three states—Illinois, Massachusetts, and New York—technically require a license to own firearms (and New York’s law doesn’t apply to long guns). The District of Columbia has a strict registration law but suffers from much the same dynamic with neighboring states. Studies have consistently shown that weak gun laws contribute to increased gun violence, not just in those jurisdictions but clearly also within neighboring ones.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives tracks recovered guns used in crimes back to their original dealers via their serial numbers. Two-thirds of such guns are initially sold in states with weak gun laws. It’s incredibly easy for guns to simply be carried over borders, such as from Indiana to Illinois; similarly, there are patterns of guns traveling from the South to New York and New Jersey, and from Arizona and Nevada to California.

The problem is these cities like Chicago, NYC and other similar ones get their guns through lax laws in other states. We need to have uniform gun laws IMO

They get them through private sales or transfers. We have uniform gun (sales) laws for FFL dealers.

This guy also bought a gun LEGALLY in Ohio

Yep, his (12?) prior arrests and subsequent plea deals resulted in no felony convictions which would prevent him from passing a NICS BGC.

Yeah, we needed a shoot-out in a crowded subway. That would have lessened the amount of victims.

Right-wings SUCK at reasoning.

Their reasoning is working. Maybe someday Dems will clear out the cobwebs in their head, dust off their mind, and come up with an effective message such nonsense. There's a lot of it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…