• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Waking up to another Mass Shooting

Too many Damn crazy people! There fixed it for you.

Eliminating the gun still leaves us with the crazy people only now we are unarmed.

And no matter what law you pass or how many guns you ban someone willing to commit murder, the most serious of all crimes, will not comply. Thats were you leftists fail to comprehend reality.

No guns and the crazy man will do what Billy Ray Ferry did here in Tampa some 40 years ago. Killed 5 with 25cents worth of gas and a zippo. Poison, knifes, vehicles, bombs, and fire will substitute for guns just as in other countries and here when guns are unavailable.
So why is it that despite the fact that we have less than 5% of the world’s population, we have about 30% of the world’s public mass shooters. Is it that we have more crazy people than the rest of the world?

So, it's official, the shooter was a "lawful" gun owner.

So, another "good guy" with a gun gone bad.

i couldn't find a pic of all the victims together (could only find 6 of the 8). here they all are...

FedEx shooting gunman killed half his victims outside facility: cops

i couldn't find a pic of all the victims together (could only find 6 of the 8). here they all are...

FedEx shooting gunman killed half his victims outside facility: cops
19 year old armed white male kills 8, most of whom are either female or persons of color. Seems like we've heard this tune before.

19 year old armed white male kills 8, most of whom are either female or persons of color. Seems like we've heard this tune before.
the next one will happen fairly soon. then these victims will be forgotten (like all the rest).

So, it's official, the shooter was a "lawful" gun owner.

So, another "good guy" with a gun gone bad.
He was known to be mentally ill, at least at some level. Even the FBI was alerted to this.

There ARE laws regarding this...where did that break down? Apparently he passed a background check...2 of them.

We need to know where the system failed before we create new laws.

He was known to be mentally ill, at least at some level. Even the FBI was alerted to this.

There ARE laws regarding this...where did that break down? Apparently he passed a background check...2 of them.

We need to know where the system failed before we create new laws.
They sold him a gun anyway. We know why.

You saw black ghettos in Vancouver? Vancouver where the cheapest single-family house on MLS today is 1 million dollars? Vancouver where the average house price is 1.3 million? Vancouver where only 1.2% of the population is Black?

You saw Black ghettos there?
Most ghettos I know of are made up of multi-family dwellings. And Manhattan's 'single family dwellings' are well over a million $ too. Are you saying NYC has no ghettos?

Most ghettos I know of are made up of multi-family dwellings. And Manhattan's 'single family dwellings' are well over a million $ too. Are you saying NYC has no ghettos?
And you saw that driving through Vancouver did you. Black multi-family ghettos in a city with 1.2% Blacks?

As you have been educated by a Canadian, those cities you mention have very few blacks, and no or tiny black ghettos, which was my obvious point.
How many people that visit NYC 'see' ghettos? :rolleyes:

And you saw that driving through Vancouver did you. Black multi-family ghettos in a city with 1.2% Blacks?
Driving thru? You have no idea about the time I've spent in Vanc or Calgary. And they tend to be more mixed but still many blacks. They also have a lot of Native Americans and East Indians in those inner city AND external hub socio-economically challenged areas.

Nobody uses the term 'ghetto' anymore. But I get tired of being accused of being the forum police.

Driving thru? You have no idea about the time I've spent in Vanc or Calgary.
I do because you posted this:
Not Winnipeg?

I've been thru the other 2 in my travels.
I've lived in both, and Winnipeg is my hometown.

And they tend to be more mixed but still many blacks.
Blacks as a % of population by city:
Vancouver 1.2%
Calgary 4.6%
Winnipeg 3.9%

That's hardly 'many' Blacks.

I do because you posted this:

I've lived in both, and Winnipeg is my hometown.

Blacks as a % of population by city:
Vancouver 1.2%
Calgary 4.6%
Winnipeg 3.9%

That's hardly 'many' Blacks.
Toronto is by far the most racially diverse, with black people representing about 9% of the population which is about 50-50 white and minority.

I believe Montreal is next.
Yep.

They sold him a gun anyway. We know why.
because there had no been any action to adjudicate him incapable of owning a gun. That's not an argument for more gun control no matter how many times you pretend it is

And they stood a 0.0000001% chance of being caught up in a mass shooting

Their families should rush to see if the bought any lottery tickets that day.

While I'm no "gun grabber", I have to wonder why the US has so many "crazy" people compared to the rest of the world. Any ideas?
We don't. Crazies are everywhere. Here they shoot! There they use vehicles and knives etc!
You do realize if you make it harder to obtain a gun, those crazy people are less likely to commit a mass shooting, right?

How many shootings does Japan have?

Fire? We have a solution to take care of that, heard of water?
Yes I do!

Now do you realize that those crazy people unable to find a gun simply use a different method to cause mass death?

Look up Billy Ray ferry from Tampa. He murdered 5 with a small pale of gas and a zippo.

The point is if you take away the gun they will simply replace it with something else. All countries have these crazies!

The bad thing with the U.S. is here they use guns! The good thing with the U.S. is that I can also use guns. I can be in control of my destiny and not just a helpless victim. So in the still tremendously rare occasion that something like this pops off armed and trained individuals have an extremely good chance of survival. Try stopping a box truck plowing into the crowd you are in or stopping another Billy ferry from burning you to death. At least with the gun once the active shooter begins you are aware and can react if you aren't the first to go.

We don't. Crazies are everywhere. Here they shoot! There they use vehicles and knives etc!

Yes I do!

Now do you realize that those crazy people unable to find a gun simply use a different method to cause mass death?

Look up Billy Ray ferry from Tampa. He murdered 5 with a small pale of gas and a zippo.

The point is if you take away the gun they will simply replace it with something else. All countries have these crazies!

The bad thing with the U.S. is here they use guns! The good thing with the U.S. is that I can also use guns. I can be in control of my destiny and not just a helpless victim. So in the still tremendously rare occasion that something like this pops off armed and trained individuals have an extremely good chance of survival. Try stopping a box truck plowing into the crowd you are in or stopping another Billy ferry from burning you to death. At least with the gun once the active shooter begins you are aware and can react if you aren't the first to go.

You really think a person can cause as much damage with a knife compared to an auto gun?

Come on!

Not so much. Murder rate in Canada is 1/3 that of the US. in the UK it's 1/4, in other European countries it's 1/5 or lower.

Too many Damn crazy people! There fixed it for you.

Eliminating the gun still leaves us with the crazy people only now we are unarmed.

And no matter what law you pass or how many guns you ban someone willing to commit murder, the most serious of all crimes, will not comply. Thats were you leftists fail to comprehend reality.

No guns and the crazy man will do what Billy Ray Ferry did here in Tampa some 40 years ago. Killed 5 with 25cents worth of gas and a zippo. Poison, knifes, vehicles, bombs, and fire will substitute for guns just as in other countries and here when guns are unavailable.
We don't have any more crazy people than the rest of the world. We just have crazy people with guns

We don't have any more crazy people than the rest of the world. We just have crazy people with guns

And assume we do have more "crazy" people. What solutions do the Republicans provide? Make healthcare unaffordable to these people. Throw them in prison?

Back
Top Bottom