• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

Would she have gone so over the top if she did not feel she had the backing of the administration? The original BATF raid, six counts of murder, was done on their own, though probably trying to curry favor with the incoming anti-gun administration. The coverup, including the mass murder to avoid contrary opinions being expressed, or contrary evidence being exposed, and the loss of the Front Door by the FBI Lab, would not have happened without administration approval. The steel front door would have clearly proven that, as testified by witnesses who saw it, the bullet holes were from the outside-in.

Trumps document misconduct, impeachable/prosecutable in my view, pales next to Hillary's Obstruction of Justice.
I don't know enough about the WACO thing to disagree or agree with you. However I seriously doubt your last statement.

Serious offensive capacity by 26' or 27'? They sure have done quite well compared to the original estimates of complete failure and overrun by the Russians in a short period of time by probably some of the same alleged "planning experts."

I think a lot of none infantry people understand what it is all about, the military training.

I was a drafteeeeeeeee, reluctant, just done my Journey Man. I wanted to make money, enjoy time with my girl, have good time, be free. Soldier are you fooking nuts, no freedom lousy pay and all the other crap. I was angry, pissed of, when I reported to the barracks. The drill Sergeant for Bootcamp was a nasty and sadistic piece of shit. I hated it and wanted to get out.
There comes this NCO, very sharp, softspoken and invited me and a few others.. I was a civilian, very liberal and full of hate for military. The guys in that outfit, let me have my liberalism, my dislike of the military, but they made a soldier out of me. I always could call it quit and then just sit out my draft time.
I never did.
One day it was decision time, sign or get out. I signed, knowing that now a hell would brake lose and I would be pushed far beyond my limits and the job I would probably make me a shot killer, a weapon, made to kill and made to die. They made into a soldier, transformed me, by very good training, convincing me and installing what it means to be soldier.
I still dislike the military, I am still a liberal person, became a NCO and left with no regrets and love when my contract expired.

It is about the training and the NCOs and Jr. officers, to transform a reluctant and even hateful civilian into a soldier.

Yes you can make the draft dodgers into soldiers, rather good soldiers, even the best, but it needs work, not boot camp, the work starts after boot camp.
That is the big challenge for any military at war.

Would she have gone so over the top if she did not feel she had the backing of the administration?
Yes. It was Janet Reno.

I am only surprised that she didn't have witnesses shot. Her go to response for ANYTHING was firepower. Remember Elian Gonzales? She sent in a SWAT team to get a toddler.

>The Kremlin appears to have been caught off guard by the susceptibility of its territory to drone strikes originating from Ukraine.<

>The ISW said that Russia's current offensive to seize Chasiv Yar is more significant as it "offers Russian forces the most immediate prospects for operationally significant advances.<

>I think that the plan should be what if there is no more money.<

A Trump election victory in November would guarantee a Putin victory in Ukraine.

>Imagine having your head so far up Donald Trump's ass that you'd side with him over your own people. But if you're Victoria Spartz that's exactly what she did on Saturday when she voted against aid for Ukraine. All of which is more than a bit strange, even more so since Spartz is a member of the Congressional Ukraine Caucus. Spartz even went so far as to submit several amendments to the bill, as did Marjorie Taylor Greene, to reduce or eliminate sections of the aid but all were voted down.<

Rep. Victoria Spartz is hard-core MAGA and has chosen Donald Trump over her birth country. Her 95-year-old grandmother died several months after a bomb blew out the windows in her apartment in Chernihiv.

Sad.

>The Kremlin appears to have been caught off guard by the susceptibility of its territory to drone strikes originating from Ukraine.<

>The ISW said that Russia's current offensive to seize Chasiv Yar is more significant as it "offers Russian forces the most immediate prospects for operationally significant advances.<

A Trump election victory in November would guarantee a Putin victory in Ukraine.

>Imagine having your head so far up Donald Trump's ass that you'd side with him over your own people. But if you're Victoria Spartz that's exactly what she did on Saturday when she voted against aid for Ukraine. All of which is more than a bit strange, even more so since Spartz is a member of the Congressional Ukraine Caucus. Spartz even went so far as to submit several amendments to the bill, as did Marjorie Taylor Greene, to reduce or eliminate sections of the aid but all were voted down.<

Rep. Victoria Spartz is hard-core MAGA and has chosen Donald Trump over her birth country. Her 95-year-old grandmother died several months after a bomb blew out the windows in her apartment in Chernihiv.

Sad.
That is not a surprise. Many immigrants, especially Europeans, despise their former country.
I was a German immigrant, the German immigrants I met had nothing good to say about Germany. I went twice to their weekly roundtable.
German flag on the table and typical German food, but they refused to talk in German. English only even if they had horrible accents. I talked to them in German and they answered in English, even that it was in some cases pigeon English. If they talked about Germany it was all negative.
They all moved to the political right. From the European view to the extreme far right, hard core Trumpers.
Immigration is very, very difficult and a lot of those folks lose their identity. Who am I? They sit between the chairs and very often compensate by becoming the Ueberamerican.
I considered my language my heritage, my identity, the foundation of who I am, it presents values, which made me, the country I was born in, educated etc. created my values, ME.
You throw that away, who are you, but a empty shell.
Seen that so often in the 45 years I lived outside of Germany, it always made me very sad.

Small quadcopters are effective daytime bombers, but the larger versions make so much noise and are so conspicuous that they can easily be spotted and make easier targets for small arms fire. So Ukrainian multicopter heavy bombers are almost always fitted with thermal imagers and used as night bombers. The Russians can still hear them –- they are described as sounding ‘like a chainsaw’ – but not see them, even when they start bombing. No wonder they have become figures of terror.

Chinese companies are taking over the Russian markets
I can see the start of secondary sanctions for the Chinese Banks/Companies coming in the near term

Biden needs to get as much stuff to Ukraine as possible before the window gets too small. Just in case.

Aiding and abetting Russian War Crimes: Ship connected to North Korea arms shipments to Russia being harbored by China

Russian "war heroes" have killed ~100 Russian civilians since returning home

Good to go: Pentagon gives Ukraine green light to use ATACMs on Crimean targets

WAR CRIME! 90 Ukrainian emergency personnel killed so far by Russian "double tap" strikes

How many and when will Ukraine have those F16s promised

Back
Top Bottom