• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas GOP going all in cuckoo

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Yes they are anti-gay. Yes they are and have been scientifically stupid when it comes to zygotes, fetus' and babies but now we know how important it is to them to put in their platform that Biden didn't win the election.

Yes they are anti-gay. Yes they are and have been scientifically stupid when it comes to zygotes, fetus' and babies but now we know how important it is to them to put in their platform that Biden didn't win the election.

The sad thing, the people in Texas cheer that and will happily vote for politicians who implement that on our nation. Not just the state of Texas.

This is really starting to worry me in ways that even Trumpism did not. It's becoming post-Trumpism, and it's taking an ideological turn. One of the few things I could take solace in during the Trump presidency was that he seemed averse to an ideology, even though he enlisted ideologues in his administration and campaign. The GOP didn't even have a platform, which is telling. But it's worrying that state platforms are starting to establish an ideology that openly challenges civil rights. This is effectively a new kind of Jim Crow in the making and it should worry the shit out of anyone who cares about maintaining a society that is civil.

They just lost more votes than they gained to Beto.

This is really starting to worry me in ways that even Trumpism did not. It's becoming post-Trumpism, and it's taking an ideological turn. One of the few things I could take solace in during the Trump presidency was that he seemed averse to an ideology, even though he enlisted ideologues in his administration and campaign. The GOP didn't even have a platform, which is telling. But it's worrying that state platforms are starting to establish an ideology that openly challenges civil rights. This is effectively a new kind of Jim Crow in the making and it should worry the shit out of anyone who cares about maintaining a society that is civil.

Sadly, it's not post DT yet.

Seems less crazy than what the democrats stand for.

Lets see, the Dems stand for an elected resident, that gay people are people to and that women should have a choice of what they do with their own bodies.
Those are trivial to me.

They wish they could get rid of the 2nd amendment.

They want to teach material in our schools that is both against many parents wishes, and not age appropriate.

They pander to people who need subsidies, and are more than glad to have more, as they becomes slaves to the democrats to continue to give them other people's money. We have run out of other people's money long ago, but they want to expand social programs, rather than forcing people to be productive again.

The pretend racism exists in places it doesn't, and are constantly using it at the expense of black people.

I can go on and on, but the bottom line is, they have already ruined this great nbation, and we might not ever recover.

Thise are trivial to me.

Lol. So do Republicans. It was Reagan with support of the NRA that banned machine guns.

Then of course you have the last Republican president state, “Or, Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court. Because that’s another system, because a lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early. Like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida, he had a lot of firearms — they saw everything — to go to court would have taken a long time, so you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

They want to teach material in our schools that is both against many parents wishes, and not age appropriate.

Very few subjects in school don't meet that criteria. Very weak argument.

They pander to people who need subsidies,

Like oil and farm subsidies? Good grief.

and are more than glad to have more, as they becomes slaves to the democrats to continue to give them other people's money.

So do Republicans.

We have run out of other people's money long ago, but they want to expand social programs, rather than forcing people to be productive again.

What programs? In what way?

The pretend racism exists in places it doesn't, and are constantly using it at the expense of black people.

So do Republicans.

I can go on and on, but the bottom line is, they have already ruined this great nbation, and we might not ever recover.
You could go on and on posting right wing bumper stickers but the hypocrisy and subjectivity of your points is transparent.

Lol. So do Republicans. It was Reagan with support of the NRA that banned machine guns.

Then of course you have the last Republican president state, “Or, Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court. Because that’s another system, because a lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early. Like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida, he had a lot of firearms — they saw everything — to go to court would have taken a long time, so you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Very few subjects in school don't meet that criteria. Very weak argument.

Like oil and farm subsidies? Good grief.

So do Republicans.

What programs? In what way?

So do Republicans.

You could go on and on posting right wing bumper stickers but the hypocrisy and subjectivity of your points is transparent.
Another typical third rail thread.

You guys have fun. I've had enough of this stupidity that has been ongoing for decades.

Bye.

It's the heat. Brains at 105 degree

You can bet that in the near future, they're going to need money for infrastructure or hurricane damage or tornado damage or a myrid of
other things and then they'll be crying for the government's money, the same government that they hate. Even here in Florida, I hear
how bad the federal government is...but when the next hurricane comes, they'll be whining for dough like a cheap-suit carnival barker.

I hear "Age Appropriate" as an argument against materials children are presented by people who have no background in developmental phases. Here are some facts (taboo word) to dismiss and reject, when it's the parents and legislators who are misinformed:

Mayo Clinic LINK - A person's sex assigned at birth, gender identity — the internal sense of being male, female, neither or both — gender expression and sexual orientation are separate things. They can happen in many combinations. Having a particular sex assigned at birth or gender expression doesn't mean a person has any specific gender identity or sexual orientation.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...pth/children-and-gender-identity/art-20266811
In many cases children will say how they feel, strongly identifying as a boy or girl — and sometimes — neither or both. While children might go through periods of insisting that they are the opposite gender of their birth sex, if they continue to do so it was likely never a phase.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...pth/children-and-gender-identity/art-20266811
Most children typically develop the ability to recognize and label stereotypical gender groups, such as girl, woman and feminine, and boy, man and masculine, between ages 18 and 24 months. Most also categorize their own gender by age 3 years. However, because gender stereotypes are reinforced, some children learn to behave in ways that bring them the most reward, despite their authentic gender identity. At ages 5 to 6 years, most children are rigid about gender stereotypes and preferences. These feelings typically become more flexible with age.

Waiting to address and present gender identification after the age of 7 is detrimental to proper gender expression, and past the prime time to teach children about the full spectrum of gender and roles, and how they fit in this world. How can a child become more flexible in their feelings when they have been denied a basic gender education to begin with?

Those are trivial to me.

They pander to people who need subsidies, and are more than glad to have more, as they becomes slaves to the democrats to continue to give them other people's money. We have run out of other people's money long ago, but they want to expand social programs, rather than forcing people to be productive again.

Those are all RWNJ propaganda points, not reality.

And they generally seem to be heading for rogue state status.

They just lost more votes than they gained to Beto.
I don't think so this is the problem I have with a weak Democratic party. It gives license to the Republican party to be terrible because they don't have to fight to stay in favor of the public.

The alternative is just so stupid and terrible that they aren't challenged.

And either party this week it's not good they're only at their best and they have to fight against legitimate opponents

Back
Top Bottom