• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netflix lays off another 300 employees

FurriesRock

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Is this another case of get woke, go broke?

Of course, it could just be Netflix not reading the room when they decided to quash account sharing.

Personally, Netflix is a bad company in my opinion, so I don't pay for their content. I've been pissed at them for their canceling of several great shows, like Santa Clarita Diet.

I think this also might be a sign that the Biden regime's economy is about to have a really bad time as inflation wrecks disposable income for millions of Americans.

We could say that Netflix is a canary in a coalmine.

"Today we sadly let go of around 300 employees," a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement.

While we continue to invest significantly in the business, we made these adjustments so that our costs are growing in line with our slower revenue growth."

Is this another case of get woke, go broke?

Of course, it could just be Netflix not reading the room when they decided to quash account sharing.

Personally, Netflix is a bad company in my opinion, so I don't pay for their content. I've been pissed at them for their canceling of several great shows, like Santa Clarita Diet.

I think this also might be a sign that the Biden regime's economy is about to have a really bad time as inflation wrecks disposable income for millions of Americans.

We could say that Netflix is a canary in a coalmine.

"Today we sadly let go of around 300 employees," a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement.

While we continue to invest significantly in the business, we made these adjustments so that our costs are growing in line with our slower revenue growth."

LOL... Netflix is a victim of their own success... They pretty much started the streaming market and their reliance on the content of others has started their downfall. Now, there are lots and lots of streaming options and more importantly, the creators of much of the content are retaining the rights to that content and streaming it themselves. Content is king...

LOL... Netflix is a victim of their own success... They pretty much started the streaming market and their reliance on the content of others has started their downfall. Now, there are lots and lots of streaming options and more importantly, the creators of much of the content are retaining the rights to that content and streaming it themselves. Content is king...
I can see this.

I don't pay for any streaming content. Netflix was great years ago, but after everybody else started streaming their own content I didn't subscribe to their services. It seems to me to be a waste of money and time to pay for multiple subscriptions and have to deal with multiple accounts.

Pioneers get slaughtered

I can see this.

I don't pay for any streaming content. Netflix was great years ago, but after everybody else started streaming their own content I didn't subscribe to their services. It seems to me to be a waste of money and time to pay for multiple subscriptions and have to deal with multiple accounts.

I agree... Our family has Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, Peacock, Sling and Amazon Prime... It sucks..

I am waiting for them to release new seasons of some of my shows. It seems to be slow going. The explanation that they want to make sure we always have something to watch instead of binge watching multiple seasons doesn't make sense to me. It should be up to us.
That's all.

I can see this.

If at&t is your mobile provider and have their top tiered plan, you get HBO Max included which is great.

If at&t is your mobile provider and have their top tiered plan, you get HBO Max included which is great.

There is a reason the telecom giants are buying up studios and content creators... :)

There is a reason the telecom giants are buying up studios and content creators... :)
True. I personally like paying one bill. IMO Amazon streaming is the best of the bunch. I have only HBO Max and Amazon streaming. I figure if someone cant find enough stuff to watch with two streaming services, they'll never be happy.

Back
Top Bottom