• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Musk has overstepped in area of expertiese... and Stock Holders are very well aware of that fact.

Within reason, yes they can. However, when doing so, they are still open to civil suits over violation of rights of free speech. They have been protected by the government from that by way of section 230 exemption. My only point is that if they censor one side's political views over the other side, they do not deserve that Section 230 protection.

So you do want to force them to compelled by the federal government to allow content they don't wish.

Wow. Wouldn't expect that from a supposed small government conservative.

Good luck.

True, I am sure there is no glee in librul-land over losing the ability to control the narrative at least on Twitter.

Not sure what librul-land implies but I am surprised you are not a liberal.

What's your beef with liberalism? Not a fan of free market economies or something?

No thanks.

You are confused. I am not asking the government to force Twitter to do anything.

Yes you are.

I am just against the government giving them protection over lawsuits when they are censoring one side over the other.

Then you should start your own social media company. Good luck with that too.

Not sure why that's so hard for libruls to understand. If Twitter were censoring left wing viewpoints in favor of right wing viewpoints, you would be screaming against that protection as well.

No I wouldn't. I could care less what Twitter allows. I could care less what Facebook allows. I could care less what parlor allows. I could care less what truth social allows.

More a matter of when. He should be fully in charge in about six months.

Good for him.

As long as he does not play the partisan censorship game, I will be okay with section 230 exemption.

Well you feel free to get all worried about what he allows to be posted. I will be enjoying life.

Make mine a Coors Banquet.
Lol. Sadly I am a steel reserve man. Best bang for your buck.

So the guy who is attacking Disney for speaking their minds is going to protect freedom of speech?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No. It is time Disney starts paying their fair share of taxes. 55 years too late if you ask me.

Twitter has never been government owned. It is a social media site.
You don't have to be government owned to feel the wrath of our government. Just ask the Tea party when the IRS was ordered to attack them. It is way past due getting unbias owners of these media outlets. 1 down and too many to go as far as I am concerned.

See what kind of jokes you can get away with boarding an airplane. TSA will be very understanding I'm certain.
The American version of the Gestapo needs to be reigned in for sure.

You don't have to be government owned to feel the wrath of our government. Just ask the Tea party when the IRS was ordered to attack them. It is way past due getting unbias owners of these media outlets. 1 down and too many to go as far as I am concerned.
It's easy to not get banned from Twitter. Tweety couldn't manage it, but he was able to start his own site. Government didn't ban him or stop him from starting a site. Other people may even be able to post on his site eventually. Won't that be fun?

Musk has overstepped his area of expertiese... and Stock Holders are very well aware of that fact and they are imposing consequences!!!!.

Tesla shares sink, wipe out over $125 billion in value, as Musk scores Twitter deal

When Musk announced he had secured the money to finance the transaction, he said he would cover $21 billion himself, with banks helping finance the other half.

What remains unclear is how he will come up with that moneywhether he will sell some of the Tesla shares he owns, borrow against them, bring in additional investors, or all three.

There is also growing concern about whether owning Twitter would bring him into conflict over free speech with the government in China, a key market for Tesla where the auto maker also has significant production.

On top of that, there is the risk Musk could become distracted by his latest acquisition.
If Musk does offload some of those holdings, it could drive Tesla's share price down further. This is something the company warned investors about in its latest annual report, filed in February with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

"If Elon Musk were forced to sell shares of our common stock that he has pledged to secure certain personal loan obligations, such shares could cause our stock price to decline," the company wrote.

It also could result in a hefty tax bill for Musk himself, who sold billions of dollars worth of Tesla shares last year. sending them sharply lower, as he engaged in heated back-and-forth with Democratic lawmakers about how billionaires should be taxed.
end quote

People often let money make them think they can do anything, without consequences. Loss of a $125 Billion is a Big Consequence!!!!

Musk thinks he can talk crap to anyone including the government, he talked crap to California and moved to Texas, before long he is going to find out his "temper tandrums and follow up temper actions, will continue to be costly.

He's done some intersting things, but he has to come to understand he is not "Master of The World"...

Titans of the late 1800 and early 1900's found that out the hard way. We've seen all to often what wealth and arrogance will do, It has cause many tremendously over the span of history.

Nonsense.
Twitter is rated a hold by thirty-seven analysts.

Last edited:
Here's what experts really say:

You're still trying to define this as a free speech issue, but Twitter is not a government.
Tip: when any entity censors speech, speech is less free

Perhaps you meant to say it’s not a First Amendment issue. But no one says it is.

As noted, the censorship has been coming from the right. Liberals aren't banning books, restricting education nor punishing iconic American companies.

Furthermore, censorship has been (and still is) a product of religious indoctrination. Though conservatives don't have a lock on religiosity, the ideology does swing toward state-church merger.

No, censorship is entirely the domain of the right. Cancel culture is a phenomenon of the far-left millennial woke crowd, and its handful of representatives in Congress. Free-speech is supported by everyone except fascists. This isn't about free-speech. It can be characterized as a company's right to censor its product, but that is a conservative value as well. The new "conservative" is a poseur.
You are seriously delusional. I’m against censorship from the left or right myself (that’s the way actually having principles works), but I really don’t understand how someone paying any attention doesn‘t see the lust for censorship of the modern left. Why do you imagine they’re all so upset about Musk bringing free speech to twitter?

you can say what ever you want... it still lost $125 Billion... if you got questions, its best you ask the investors... I posted what the linked article had to say.

In case it has not dawned in awareness, the various institutional investors who lost money, "guess who's money that was".. it was "citizen's money"... that what Institutional investors gamble with. Any Pension Funds that lost money in that decline, "that too was "Citizen's Money"... If you think its easy to make up $125 Billion.... everyone would have it... I don't think you grasp how much $125 Billion is.

Consider this: $1 billion = $1000 million x 125 = $125,000,000,000.
Thanks for the tip. It turns out I really don’t care if Tesla shares went down though. Why do you care?

Thanks for the tip. It turns out I really don’t care if Tesla shares went down though. Why do you care?
Maybe you could answer your own question by looking up the word "Reverbrate".

Get your hand out of their pocket, big gubmint dude.
It is the other way around. I have been paying their share like the rest of the hard working taxpayers. The liberal gravy train is over hopefully for Disney. They need to pay their fair share of taxes instead of bribing our government with campaign contributions with that tax money.

You sound like AOC.
They can take all that bribe money they have been giving to the corrupt parties and pay their fair share of taxes. #50 on the fortune 500 does not need a special tax break no matter how much they bribe our government. The left always talks a big game about taxing the wealthiest corporations but not when they are receiving bribes every year in campaign contributions evidently.

You are seriously delusional.
Good morning!
I’m against censorship from the left or right myself (that’s the way actually having principles works),
I'm against it 2.3568 inches from the center...either way.
but I really don’t understand how someone paying any attention doesn‘t see the lust for censorship of the modern left.
I lust after Halle Berry. She uncensors herself sometimes. *wink wink*
Why do you imagine they’re all so upset about Musk bringing free speech to twitter?
Halle once said musk smells like fish to her. Don't like it.

So you do want to force them to compelled by the federal government to allow content they don't wish.
I think we will stop it here as you are just not comprehending what you are reading and I am tired of repeating myself. For the last time, I am not suggesting we compel the government to force Twitter to do anything. I am only pointing out that if a public forum like Twitter censors one political side over the other, they should not be entitled to section 230 protection. Have a nice weekend.

They can take all that bribe money they have been giving to the corrupt parties and pay their fair share of taxes. #50 on the fortune 500 does not need a special tax break no matter how much they bribe our government.

You, me and AOC agree.

I think she is starting to have an impact on Republican voters.

The left always talks a big game about taxing the wealthiest corporations but not when they are receiving bribes every year in campaign contributions evidently.
"The left"? You lost me here. Was it an oversight not to include the right?

I think we will stop it here as you are just not comprehending what you are reading and I am tired of repeating myself. For the last time, I am not suggesting we compel the government to force Twitter to do anything. I am only pointing out that if a public forum like Twitter censors one political side over the other, they should not be entitled to section 230 protection. Have a nice weekend.
You too.

Got to love Fridays.

You, me and AOC agree.

I think she is starting to have an impact on Republican voters.

"The left"? You lost me here. Was it an oversight not to include the right?
A little oversight I guess. Clearly both parties are bought and paid for. It is the democrats that persist with the lie that they are for the working man. Nothing could be further from the truth. They talk a big game about raising wages while they bring in millions of slave labor to replace those making a decent wage.

A little oversight I guess. Clearly both parties are bought and paid for. It is the democrats that persist with the lie that they are for the working man.

Being for the working man does not necessarily solely revolve around what political donations are accepted.

I mean really, you expect Dems to not accept donations from corporations just to satisfy your definition of supporting the "working man"?

It also applies to supporting unions, higher minimum wage, worker rights, retirement benefits, child care benefits etc.

Nothing could be further from the truth. They talk a big game about raising wages while they bring in millions of slave labor to replace those making a decent wage.
Both parties bring in "slave labor" because they look the other way in regards to employers of illegals.

When Repubs push legislation, or even advocate for fines of employers of illegals that make it more expensive to hire illegals then Americans, then get back to me.

Musk has overstepped his area of expertiese... and Stock Holders are very well aware of that fact and they are imposing consequences!!!!.

Tesla shares sink, wipe out over $125 billion in value, as Musk scores Twitter deal

When Musk announced he had secured the money to finance the transaction, he said he would cover $21 billion himself, with banks helping finance the other half.

What remains unclear is how he will come up with that moneywhether he will sell some of the Tesla shares he owns, borrow against them, bring in additional investors, or all three.

There is also growing concern about whether owning Twitter would bring him into conflict over free speech with the government in China, a key market for Tesla where the auto maker also has significant production.

On top of that, there is the risk Musk could become distracted by his latest acquisition.
If Musk does offload some of those holdings, it could drive Tesla's share price down further. This is something the company warned investors about in its latest annual report, filed in February with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

"If Elon Musk were forced to sell shares of our common stock that he has pledged to secure certain personal loan obligations, such shares could cause our stock price to decline," the company wrote.

It also could result in a hefty tax bill for Musk himself, who sold billions of dollars worth of Tesla shares last year. sending them sharply lower, as he engaged in heated back-and-forth with Democratic lawmakers about how billionaires should be taxed.
end quote

People often let money make them think they can do anything, without consequences. Loss of a $125 Billion is a Big Consequence!!!!

Musk thinks he can talk crap to anyone including the government, he talked crap to California and moved to Texas, before long he is going to find out his "temper tandrums and follow up temper actions, will continue to be costly.

He's done some intersting things, but he has to come to understand he is not "Master of The World"...

Titans of the late 1800 and early 1900's found that out the hard way. We've seen all to often what wealth and arrogance will do, It has cause many tremendously over the span of history.

Unbelievable how left-wing radicals simply cannot stand the fact that a social media giant could start reporting all news instead of only news & info that democrats want everyone to believe is true.

Just like your quote - where did you get the $125 billion figure from? No one has lost $125 Billion. Stocks tend to go up and down. You did see that the Dow was down 1,000 points yesterday, right? Did you see that Musk sold $8.5 Billion of his personal stock yesterday?

Why should billionaires or even millionaires be taxed differently than anyone else?

It is racist to pick on billionaires or millionaires.

Both parties bring in "slave labor" because they look the other way in regards to employers of illegals.

When Repubs push legislation, or even advocate for fines of employers of illegals that make it more expensive to hire illegals then Americans, then get back to me.

Are you aware that it is illegal to employ illegal aliens?

Why should Republicans have to 'advocate for fines of employers of illegals...'? All we want to be done is for current federal law to be applied. Fines for employing illegal aliens - for EACH one -
(1)Criminal penalty
Any person or entity which engages in a pattern or practice of violations of subsection (a)(1)(A) or (a)(2) shall be fined not more than $3,000 for each unauthorized alien with respect to whom such a violation occurs, imprisoned for not more than six months for the entire pattern or practice, or both, notwithstanding the provisions of any other Federal law relating to fine levels.

So far, zero prosecutions or fines under Biden.

Back
Top Bottom