• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Majority of Americans Now Feel Iraq War Wrong

Simon W. Moon said:
The "complete surprise of the insurgency?" It wasn't a surprise. The US Intel Community predicted it. Team Bush just happened to ignore these sorts of predictions in their planning.

Rumsfeld's "tranformation" process?

You misunderstand. Probably from my wording. We didn't expect it to be such an impact as it was.

No. More of the same Government cut backs. It doesn't seem to matter who sits in the White House on this issue. The next administration will continue what was started in the 80's. You seem to have a hard on to blame everything on Bush's administration. It makes your arguments...common.

GySgt said:
You misunderstand. Probably from my wording. We didn't expect it to be such an impact as it was.

No. More of the same Government cut backs. It doesn't seem to matter who sits in the White House on this issue. The next administration will continue what was started in the 80's. You seem to have a hard on to blame everything on Bush's administration. It makes your arguments...common.

I'm not trying to remove blame from anyone who deserves it. It realize that the world did not spring into existence recently and that all of the events in the history world have various impacts upon the present. However, none of that excuses Team Bush from being held responsible for their screw-ups that were born out of what appears to be a lack of due diligence. The reasons behind the apparent lack of due diligence is open to speculation.

It seems we aspire to many of the same ends. We only seem to disagree over the best means to those ends.

Simon W. Moon said:
I'm not trying to remove blame from anyone who deserves it. It realize that the world did not spring into existence recently and that all of the events in the history world have various impacts upon the present. However, none of that excuses Team Bush from being held responsible for their screw-ups that were born out of what appears to be a lack of due diligence. The reasons behind the apparent lack of due diligence is open to speculation.

It seems we aspire to many of the same ends. We only seem to disagree over the best means to those ends.

Isn't this always the case with debate?

GySgt said:
Simon W. Moon said:
Isn't this always the case with debate?
I wish it were always. Unfortunately, simpletons turn the debate into a team competition, where honest truth-seeking is replaced with other-side-bashing.

Binary_Digit said:
I wish it were always. Unfortunately, simpletons turn the debate into a team competition, where honest truth-seeking is replaced with other-side-bashing.

No they don't you liberal, rightest, left winged, nazi, Democrat, Bush baby, dumb American, neo-con, moronic European, Republican........kidding.

I'm agreeing with you.

Yesterday, I was accused of being "politically correct" because I don't hate Jews. Isn't that a riot? Me...politically correct.

Back
Top Bottom