• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump a psychopath?

Is Trump a psychopath?

• Total voters
Baloney. He's in court because he's running for president. Clearly a case invented to get Trump. If you listened to the trial so far what Trump did was the norm for him and many celebrities.
To the bolded Drew, THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT OK. It just makes it sleazy, like everything lying, stinking trump.

Baloney. He's in court because he's running for president. Clearly a case invented to get Trump. If you listened to the trial so far what Trump did was the norm for him and many celebrities.
Of course he's in court because he's running for president. It was clearly established by David Pecker that he, Cohen, and *rump knew the catch and kill S. Daniels story was an illegal campaign contribution payment that *rump did not properly report. If he weren't running for president the payment would not have been a campaign contribution. Geez.

From the same Atlantic article shared earlier:

In this presidential election season where, as usual, the fur is flying and name-calling is in full swing, one invective seems to be gaining currency -- psychopath. A web search for "Romney" or "Obama" and "psychopath" (or, more generally, "politician" and "psychopath") yields millions of hits. While it's tempting to dismiss this phenomenon as mere venting by angry voters, the rantings of conspiracy theorists, or even bloggers trying to drive traffic, it is worth at least asking the question: could they be right? If these pundits mean that the targeted office-seekers are evil or "crazy," probably not. But if they are pointing out that politicians and psychopaths share certain characteristics, they could be on to something.

What's notable is that the characteristic refers not only to Trump but also to his political opponents.

I didn't ask you to provide me with links that support your opinion. I wanted to know the factual basis on which you claim he's the worst president.

Economy
Foreign affairs
Inflation
Volume of illegal immigrants
Death from fentanyl

The botched withdrawal of Afghanistan occurred under Trump you'd rave about how terrible it was.
Wasn't botched
Just as you make excuses for anything that happens under Biden. If cocaine was found in the WH you'd blame Trump.
disagree----I have no party favoritism.......................I trust and agree with the reasoned opinion of learned historians, etc

The bolded is an interesting opinion. I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe.

It makes sense. The number one motivator for Donald's followers is not to make America better. Undoing progressive progress. Sticking it to the liberals. To them, that is what makes America better. Conclusion: They are pretty much fine with the status quo. The right wing propaganda machine motivates them by giving them someone to look down on - liberals, immigrants, etc. They never stop to consider that without each, the the economy would do a nosedive.

Absolutely.

Agreed. They appear to hate the current America, and want to tear it down. They also seem willing to use extra-electoral & extra-judicial means to succeed in their goals.

Without doubt!

Trump may get "jail-time", but I doubt he'll ever see the inside of a jail. Perhaps house arrest at most.

That would set a very bad example reinforcing the belief of a two-tiered justice system. Donald needs to go to prison.

Psychopaths don't fear or believe anything bad will happen to them. Trump does.

Psychopaths don't fear or believe anything bad will happen to them. Trump does.
Maybe read Post 2 for a good understanding of psychopathy.

Maybe read Post 2 for a good understanding of psychopathy.
I did. Trump is very afraid of what will happen to him because of his behavior. That is not an attribute of a psychopath. Not on the list.

What bad thing does Donald believe is going to happen to him? No matter how bad it seems for him, he's always got an out, some kind of angle to weasel his way out of trouble. He has been doing that his entire life. Hiring 'fixers' and legal teams to 'fix' 'problems' is standard operating procedure.

Of course he's in court because he's running for president. It was clearly established by David Pecker that he, Cohen, and *rump knew the catch and kill S. Daniels story was an illegal campaign contribution payment that *rump did not properly report. If he weren't running for president the payment would not have been a campaign contribution. Geez.
You're mistaken, there is nothing illegal about making such arrangements as Pecker testified it is a common practice even among mainstream media. I think it probably should be illegal but it's not. If so they could go after Hillary, they won't but they could. Secondly its difficult to separate if Trump did it to protect his wife or for campaign reasons. That's why Senator Edwards wasn't convicted of the same thing.

Get your facts right, this is a bogus case. Yet he maybe convicted anyway.

To the bolded Drew, THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT OK. It just makes it sleazy, like everything lying, stinking trump.
It is sleazy but its not illegal. He's in court because he's been accused of a crime. So far this is a court case in search of a crime.

Dr. Robert Hare of the University of British Columbia developed a psychopathy checklist used by law enforcement around the world to determine if an offender is a psychopath.

Although the tool was designed for police he believed that psychopaths are not always criminals and exist especially in certain professions (police, surgeons, CEOs etc.). About 1% in the general population was his estimate, 15% in prison.

The 20 elements on the checklist I'll post in the post below. It's not an 'all or nothing' rating. Each element gets 0 to 2 points.

Anything above 30 in the US and Canada, or 25 in the UK, is indicative of psychopathy.

Where does Trump fit do you think?
Trump is no worse than anyone else in Politics !
Trump is different in that he is use to getting things done, his way, and fights to get it done.

The only reason why you people think Trump is so bad is that the Media is Spoon Feeding you what they want you to
think/feel!

IF you ever work with/ around a CEO or big shot in any industry you would see that there are traits of people who are
very successful.

The fact that The Bidens have ~ 20 Shell Companies, and do not have a PRODUCT or Prove a SERVICE and you don't even care that
they are getting MILLIONS from our Adversaries shows just how ..... How shall we say....... gaslighted and brain dead you are.
I mean that in the best possible way!

Trump is no worse than anyone else in Politics !
Trump is different in that he is use to getting things done, his way, and fights to get it done.

The only reason why you people think Trump is so bad is that the Media is Spoon Feeding you what they want you to
think/feel!

IF you ever work with/ around a CEO or big shot in any industry you would see that there are traits of people who are
very successful.

The fact that The Bidens have ~ 20 Shell Companies, and do not have a PRODUCT or Prove a SERVICE and you don't even care that
they are getting MILLIONS from our Adversaries shows just how ..... How shall we say....... gaslighted and brain dead you are.
I mean that in the best possible way!
I'm not making anything up. Look at the psychopathy checklist in Post 2 and make your own determination.

Some study I read long ago had concluded that about 70% of politicians, CEOs and similar types were sociopaths.

So... probably. Most of our leaders are.

You're mistaken, there is nothing illegal about making such arrangements as Pecker testified it is a common practice even among mainstream media. I think it probably should be illegal but it's not. If so they could go after Hillary, they won't but they could. Secondly its difficult to separate if Trump did it to protect his wife or for campaign reasons. That's why Senator Edwards wasn't convicted of the same thing.

Get your facts right, this is a bogus case. Yet he maybe convicted anyway.
What arrangements are to you talking about in the bolded above? Are you referring to his affair and killing a story? If so, nothing illegal.
However what you are ignoring is that he is not on trial for either of those things. He's on trial for falsifying business records when he was president. Those records related to how he reimbursed Cohen which prosecutors allege constituted fraud. The jury will decide whether the man who has already been found guilty of fraud in another case is also guilty in this one.

I said other because even though Trump may have some characteristics of being a psycho/sociopath…I don’t think he is either.

he’s clever, but not smart. He’s entitled and spoiled. He has empathy, just not a lot of it and what he has is reserved exclusively for certain persons. He does understand the consequences of his actions, but his greed outweighs consequences.

Essentially, he is nothing more than an asshole who had a rich daddy who didn’t think much of him.

I don’t think it’s anything more than that.

What arrangements are to you talking about in the bolded above? Are you referring to his affair and killing a story? If so, nothing illegal.
However what you are ignoring is that he is not on trial for either of those things. He's on trial for falsifying business records when he was president. Those records related to how he reimbursed Cohen which prosecutors allege constituted fraud. The jury will decide whether the man who has already been found guilty of fraud in another case is also guilty in this one.
If that's what the case is about its a misdemeanor which has already expired. Have you listened to any knowledgeable lawyers who disagree with your opinion?

I Thought the Bragg Case Against Trump Was a Legal Embarrassment. Now I Think It’s a Historic Mistake.​

So writes an article.

And another...

Donald Trump Prosecution Appears Fatally Flawed—Legal Experts​

Legal experts have raised concerns about whether prosecutors can convince a jury to convict Donald Trump in the Stormy Daniels trial.

Several experts have pointed to the lack of clear evidence that Trump was engaged in election fraud.

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, is the first former president in United States history to stand trial in a criminal case. He has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records to hide payments to adult film star Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal.

If you loathe and despise Trump you don't care about the facts just convict him. He's guilty of a million other things.

Pathological, yes. Psychopath, I couldn’t say. It’s certainly possible.

My main concern is he shows signs of borderline personality disorder. That can be very a serious sociopathic disorder. It basically means you don’t identify others as human beings thus anything you do to them is no different than stepping in a bug.

Pathological, yes. Psychopath, I couldn’t say. It’s certainly possible.

My main concern is he shows signs of borderline personality disorder. That can be very a serious sociopathic disorder. It basically means you don’t identify others as human beings thus anything you do to them is no different than stepping in a bug.
And the other candidate for president continues to show signs of deep cognitive decline. God help us all.

And the other candidate for president continues to show signs of deep cognitive decline. God help us all.
Biden is just old. No different than other old people. He actually is better than most his age. And he definitely has the experience for the office and has demonstrated it.

Is Trump a psychopath?

Oh hell yeah, in my considered opinion. But not just any run of the mill psychopath, mind you. In fact, they may have to construct a whole new psychopathy diagnosis to properly categorize Trump's psychopathy.

Trump is too sensitive to be a psychopath

He shows his age in occasion. So does Trump, and frequently more often of late. I think the pressure of failing and potentially going to prison is getting to him.

The thing is, Biden has an administration of decent people about him. Trump is going to have sycophants. How effective are they going to be in picking up any slack?

Back
Top Bottom