• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many times have you heard the gop declare doom and gloom for america when dems are in control of government?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I have voted in at least ten presidential elections and I can't remember a one where the gop hasn't predicted doom and gloom for america if democrats are elected, and then if they can they do everything in their power to insure that's exactly what happens. Trump did nothing about covid but run his mouth and lie and his base cheered him like he was the second coming of christ. After the election and a new president the number of vaccines being taken skyrocketed and today the number of people vaccinated is still climbing, no thanks to the gop and its supporters. Anyway, the markets aren't crashing, unemployment is not out of control and to make matters worse for the republicans, lots of american workers are demanding better treatment from their lords and masters. So, will the R's support the workers or will the R's support the businesses? Let's guess even though they constantly tell their base they are for the average worker.

Which america do you want to live in? One where you can make an actual living wage or one where business tells you how much you will make? A rising tide should float all boats, not just the yachts.

I've been waiting for California to become a third world country for the better part of a decade.

I have voted in at least ten presidential elections and I can't remember a one where the gop hasn't predicted doom and gloom for america if democrats are elected, and then if they can they do everything in their power to insure that's exactly what happens. Trump did nothing about covid but run his mouth and lie and his base cheered him like he was the second coming of christ. After the election and a new president the number of vaccines being taken skyrocketed and today the number of people vaccinated is still climbing, no thanks to the gop and its supporters. Anyway, the markets aren't crashing, unemployment is not out of control and to make matters worse for the republicans, lots of american workers are demanding better treatment from their lords and masters. So, will the R's support the workers or will the R's support the businesses? Let's guess even though they constantly tell their base they are for the average worker.

Which america do you want to live in? One where you can make an actual living wage or one where business tells you how much you will make? A rising tide should float all boats, not just the yachts.

Oddly, the demorat’s massive ’human infrastructure’ bill (capable of being passed in the Senate via reconciliation) does not include raising the federal MW.

Oddly, the demorat’s massive ’human infrastructure’ bill (capable of being passed in the Senate via reconciliation) does not include raising the federal MW.
Gee, I wonder why that is.

Honestly now. Do you think the republicans would go for it if it were included?

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Honestly now. Do you think the republicans would go for it if it were included?

The republicants aren’t going for it as is. The demorats must be able to pass it on their own.

What could the barrier to raising the minimum wage via a reconciliation bill be?

Back
Top Bottom