• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hooverville vs Bidenville

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
1714529610498.jpeg

110916fbb7cf2cda773318deb045b3d79429095b6b82854c8e893fc094e02f7d_1.jpg

biden-09-1.jpg

71a01bf0910a333f783327d08ffba9824c3fdb0303a6296732d5506fad911e50_1.jpg

When people couldn’t afford housing during the Great Depression, they built shantytowns from scrap construction supplies and named them “Hoovervilles,” after President Herbert Hoover. Today, Americans increasingly live out of their cars because they can’t afford housing. If history is any guide, will parking lots full of Americans soon be known as “Bidenvilles”?

Fast-forward about 90 years, and countless families are in the same boat. Many young people today don’t think they’ll ever be able to achieve the American dream of homeownership that their parents and grandparents achieved. The worst inflation in 40 years, rising interest rates, and a collapse of real (inflation-adjusted) earnings mean a huge step backward financially.

That inflation has pushed up rents so much that young Americans are moving back in with their parents at rates not seen since the Great Depression because they can’t make it on their own. Sometimes, they can’t even make it with multiple roommates.

But many people cannot move back in with family, so the car it is.

BIDEN DID THAT - The Burning Platform

It seems to me that if you want to make the case that Biden is impoverishing America, then showing a picture of foreigners who are willing to literally camp out in grinding poverty to get here is a bad way of doing it. If America is so awful then why is anyone trying to get in?

Not-so-fun fact: The Great Depression, when we had actual Hoovervilles, was the only time in history when America had net negative immigration.

It seems to me that if you want to make the case that Biden is impoverishing America, then showing a picture of foreigners who are willing to literally camp out in grinding poverty to get here is a bad way of doing it. If America is so awful then why is anyone trying to get in?
Biden is the one letting them in.

Just because they all want to leave their shitholes, that doesn't mean Biden needs to create shitholes here.

Biden didn't make them poor. Presumably they were already poor, or else they would have preferred staying home to living in a tent in Del Rio.

Also: If you want to see fewer pictures like that in the United States, then I assume you support the bipartisan immigration reform bill written by Senator Lankford so that USCIS can process them faster, using tougher asylum rules.

Nobody knows how to hate America like Mycroft knows how to hate America.
Yup. I don't understand the mindset of people who drape themselves in the American flag, despite the fact that they hate Americans, and American cultural institutions, and American economics, and the US Constitution, and America's long history of immigration. At a certain point I just wonder...what aspects of America do they actually like?

Also: If you want to see fewer pictures like that in the United States, then I assume you support the bipartisan immigration reform bill written by Senator Lankford so that USCIS can process them faster, using tougher asylum rules.
No. I don't support that nonsense that would have given the Biden pukes permission to continue doing what they are doing. I prefer HR 2, which would actually reduce illegal immigration.

Not-so-fun fact: The Great Depression, when we had actual Hoovervilles, was the only time in history when America had net negative immigration.

Immigration - legal or not - declines sharply when the economy goes south.

No. I don't support that nonsense that would have given the Biden pukes permission to continue doing what they are doing. I prefer HR 2, which would actually reduce illegal immigration.
No you don't. You pretend to support it at the moment since it's not on the table. If it were on the table, you'd find some reason not to like it too.

No you don't. You pretend to support it at the moment since it's not on the table. If it were on the table, you'd find some reason not to like it too.
When people start telling me what I will do, they find themselves on my ignore list.

Bye-bye

When people start telling me what I will do, they find themselves on my ignore list.

Bye-bye
1714531359500.png

The immigration system isn't the problem. The way the Biden pukes are enforcing the law is the problem.
This astonishingly brilliant mind admitted over a year ago he doesn't actually think we need to change the immigration system at all. :ROFLMAO:

What happened to "get a job"? That's the usual con statement in these situations. MAGA's are so confusing.

I read that as Hooterville, and clicked.

I was kind of disappointed.

Just because they all want to leave their shitholes, that doesn't mean Biden needs to create shitholes here.
Biden is a problem. His illegal border policies are creating more and more problems. There is a legal process to come to the U.S. if they want to come, do it legally otherwise get the hell out.

It is sad that in an election year all Republicans have is manufactured fear and loathing.
LOL. NO it's law and order and process. The left is the fear and loathng party. The scare tactics and particularly the "things Trump will do if elected" scares is ridiculous. He was Presdient and didn't do any of the things these far left media twits are suggesting. No reason to believe he would now. It's the only thing the Biden supporters have since Biden's record and his favorability rating has fallen to a historic low for any President at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom