• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate mastermind, dead at 90

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
WASHINGTON (AP) — G. Gordon Liddy, a mastermind of the Watergate burglary and a radio talk show host after emerging from prison, died Tuesday at age 90.
His son, Thomas Liddy, confirmed the death but did not reveal the cause, other than to say it was not related to COVID-19.
Liddy, a former FBI agent and Army veteran, was convicted of conspiracy, burglary and illegal wiretapping for his role in the Watergate burglary, which led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate mastermind, dead at 90 (msn.com)

Honestly....I didnt know the guy was still alive...

Liddy always was an idiot with a big mouth.

His radio show was as paranoid and ridiculous as his burglar role.
I always found it ironic that Jimmy Carter commuted his sentence.

WASHINGTON (AP) — G. Gordon Liddy, a mastermind of the Watergate burglary and a radio talk show host after emerging from prison, died Tuesday at age 90.
His son, Thomas Liddy, confirmed the death but did not reveal the cause, other than to say it was not related to COVID-19.
Liddy, a former FBI agent and Army veteran, was convicted of conspiracy, burglary and illegal wiretapping for his role in the Watergate burglary, which led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate mastermind, dead at 90 (msn.com)

Honestly....I didnt know the guy was still alive...
You are not alone.

I saw him speak at ASU about 30 years ago. I didn't know much about him then but it was a great speech.

RIP Liddy. Btw, I think we're supposed to pay respects to the dead person in a RIP thread, not piss on their grave.
How about a nice steaming pile of :poop: on the crook's grave?

How about a nice steaming pile of :poop: on the crook's grave?

If you want to talk like that, perhaps you should make a thread with a [B.I.H] tag (burn in hell).

RIP Liddy. Btw, I think we're supposed to pay respects to the dead person in a RIP thread, not piss on their grave.

Why is there a RIP thread for a criminal and almost certainly a clinical psychopath?

Why is there a RIP thread for a criminal and almost certainly a clinical psychopath?

🤷‍♂️ Ask the person who made the thread not me. I just wanted to make people aware of the rules surrounding R.I.P. threads, since people are bound to break them when the rules are to be respectful towards someone like Liddy.

Because I generally do not wish misery or ill on anyone; and certainly not death, even those that led a less than admirable life.

My wifes influence I suspect....a much better person than I.

It is amusing watching the people who lionize real scumbags-such as Floyd (who threatened to shoot a pregnant woman in her belly to kill her and her unborn child), heap insults on Liddy who certainly was a criminal but not of the level of the violent mopes that so many lefties paean

It is amusing watching the people who lionize real scumbags-such as Floyd (who threatened to shoot a pregnant woman in her belly to kill her and her unborn child), heap insults on Liddy who certainly was a criminal but not of the level of the violent mopes that so many lefties paean
Ohferchristsake.
First off, go look up 'lionize' and 'paean' (hint- it's a noun). In a real dictionary. And then see how long it takes and how deep you have to dig to find someone 'lionizing' George Floyd.

Ohferchristsake.
First off, go look up 'lionize' and 'paean' (hint- it's a noun). In a real dictionary. And then see how long it takes and how deep you have to dig to find someone 'lionizing' George Floyd.
when people go nuts over a mope's death that seems to be praising him. he was a scumbag and a loser. Does that justify a police officer murdering him? no, but the amount of outrage over him is misplaced. Liddy was a political criminal but what he did is not nearly as bad as what Floyd did. And Liddy entertained millions with his show

I used to love listening to his radio show, mostly because of the FBI stories, JFK and Hoover stuff, Howard Hunt, Cuba, commies, and on and on. I figured there was about 10% truth and the rest fictional yarns, but the man could tell a great story.

when people go nuts over a mope's death that seems to be praising him. he was a scumbag and a loser. Does that justify a police officer murdering him? no, but the amount of outrage over him is misplaced. Liddy was a political criminal but what he did is not nearly as bad as what Floyd did. And Liddy entertained millions with his show
So why try to put the two together? What's the point? What's one got to do with the other?
No wait, I know. Folks on the left are more likely to mourn (mourn, not lionize) Goerge Floyd than Gordon Liddy, therefore It's necessary to make a bit of a stink about it. A bit of hyperbole, a bit of political slur, just not letting an opportunity provided go to waste. Not enough to comment on Liddy in the Liddy thread and Floyd in the Floyd thread, the two have to be put side by each for the sake of deploring the left for not expressing sufficient grief for Liddy.
You pretty sure Liddy was more morally acceptable than Floyd? Quantifying gravities 'n all?

I think such blatant displays of police brutality are almost always going to be a rallying call for a movement created to protest police brutality, regardless of what kind of life the victim led.

No one lionized Floyd. We’re aghast at the way he died. Everyone should be. We don’t need cops killing handcuffed citizens.

If you want to talk like that, perhaps you should make a thread with a [B.I.H] tag (burn in hell).

Well, he did hold his hand over a candle flame in an attempt to impress a date with his toughness.

You clearly didn’t mind that Liddy was a criminal, since you said you were entertained by his reactionary rants and conspiracy theories. So you clearly rewarded him for his efforts.

But the black victim of police violence is a loser and a criminal and something called a “moke”, whatever that is supposed to be.

We get it.

I read his obituary. He was a lunatic. Eating rats, burning his hand, idolizing Adolf Hitlers speeches, talking about killing law enforcement. The guy was the OG RWNJ.

Well, he did hold his hand over a candle flame in an attempt to impress a date with his toughness.

I guess he's well prepared then.

So long, Mister crook/Hitler freak/crazy funnyman!

Back
Top Bottom