• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you ask people if they are vaccinated?

I never made a statement that I was the only one to get vaccinated.

Like Donny?

😅

dude, get vaccinated or sit home. I hope the major grocery stores start to require proof of vaccination to shop.

You can have Walmart.
Maybe the grocery stores will require everyone to have red hair?

or, perhaps they won't be so arbitrary and will only do what is best for their customer, ban non anti vaxxers?

if we're talking about vaccines, i mention that i've had it. if they believe woo woo horseshit, i explain the science to them. i don't get pushy, though. i'm not sure which propaganda sources are doing it, but some of them are doing a lot of damage.
Do you explain to them that this kills primarily old people with serious existing conditions?

Don't give this group any ideas. They have grown militant with the election of Kamala who gives no interviews and won't visit the border and basically is the defacto president and gives everyone the finger. When you give a militant in your face group power, they will always abuse it.

First came the masks that a major university just reported didn't work and they STILL are demanding them. During the flu season, they will want to try that BS again saying "If masks save just ONE life, we should all wear one. No suggestions to ban red hair. They just might do it because minorities can't have red hair and it is a sign of white privilege because only REALLY white people have red hair and it is offensive to people of color.

No, we don't "have to" receive the vaccine. If you choose not to receive it, you are posing no risk to those who do receive it. So, if you choose to get it, it's should not be your business if someone else did or didn't.

Right now, if I go to my hometown Lowes there's a sign on the door which say that a mask is not required to enter if you have been vaccinated. When I go inside some are masked and others are not. It doesn't cross my mind to ask the maskless if they have indeed been vaccinated. If I did ask, I'd expect them to tell me "mind your own business."
Well, I wasn't taking about a big box store, but I would just wear a mask for myself and others in a large crowded area despite being vaccinated. Those who feel comfortable not wearing one who've been vaccinated don't have to. It's for my own comfort. Not everyone has had the vaccine, so I might as well give a bit of protection, and it doesn't bother me to wear it.

I was referring to a more intimate setting, like a doctors office, or allergist. Something like that. Or, someone coming to your home for maintenance. I simply ask, have you been vaccinated? Or, should I put a mask on? If they say yes, I don't feel the need to wear a mask. If they say, none of your business I throw it on, and think, wow, if they're this worried about this question then do I want their service? What else are they hiding? That's just me tho, do what you want.

I own a business and my employees get asked it about daily. If they had a hang up about it, they should just find another job. We've had a pandemic, people are going to have different degrees of handling it.

I have no idea if those people who are not vaccinated or think it's their own business have conditions or kids around them unvaxed still. It's just common courtesy to me. I guess it's an invasion of some sort to you. We differ. That's not a surprise.

Well, I wasn't taking about a big box store, but I would just wear a mask for myself and others in a large crowded area despite being vaccinated. Those who feel comfortable not wearing one who've been vaccinated don't have to. It's for my own comfort. Not everyone has had the vaccine, so I might as well give a bit of protection, and it doesn't bother me to wear it.

I was referring to a more intimate setting, like a doctors office, or allergist. Something like that. Or, someone coming to your home for maintenance. I simply ask, have you been vaccinated? Or, should I put a mask on? If they say yes, I don't feel the need to wear a mask. If they say, none of your business I throw it on, and think, wow, if they're this worried about this question then do I want their service? What else are they hiding? That's just me tho, do what you want.

I own a business and my employees get asked it about daily. If they had a hang up about it, they should just find another job. We've had a pandemic, people are going to have different degrees of handling it.

I have no idea if those people who are not vaccinated or think it's their own business have conditions or kids around them unvaxed still. It's just common courtesy to me. I guess it's an invasion of some sort to you. We differ. That's not a surprise.
Why not just follow the science? Isn't that what's been preached for the last year and a half? Does that suddenly no longer apply?

Last edited:
No need to get nasty because you lost a debate

peace brother
Exactly where did Inlose this debate? You haven't made any convincing argument that the vaccination status of others is anyone's business but their own.

The science says that if one is vaccinated they can't contract or spread the virus. That means if one is vaccinated, a maskless person who's not vaccinated is posing no risk to you. That's where your business ends. The existence of a virus doesn't change that.

Plus I didn't get nasty. You did and I just tossed it back to you.

Rwhy not just follow the science? Isn't that what's been preached for the last year and a half? Does that suddenly no longer apply?
For someone who thinks people should mind their own business, you sure mind others business.

I do follow the science. I go above and beyond the science because it makes me comfortable and isn't hurting anyone.

You act like this is a gotcha or something. It's not. I'm not denying the science, nor putting anybody at risk doing it. I'm a bit over protective, but it's a slow go for me to get back out there. It's not that I don't trust the science, it's that I don't trust other people following it. I don't trust that people without a vaccine will wear a mask.

Exactly where did Inlose this debate? You haven't made any convincing argument that the vaccination status of others is anyone's business but their own.

The science says that if one is vaccinated they can't contract or spread the virus. That means if one is vaccinated, a maskless person who's not vaccinated is posing no risk to you. That's where your business ends. The existence of a virus doesn't change that.

Plus I didn't get nasty. You did and I just tossed it back to you.
But, that isn't what the science says.

In my state we've had 1800 break through cases, and 250 deaths in people fully vaccinated. It's at about .05%. Like an average flu year.

There are people who still CANT be vaccinated but want it and don't want to get sick from it. Have a bit of respect.

But, that isn't what the science says.

In my state we've had 1800 break through cases, and 250 deaths in people fully vaccinated. It's at about .05%. Like an average flu year.

There are people who still CANT be vaccinated but want it and don't want to get sick from it. Have a bit of respect.
The science says that if one is vaccinated they can neither contract or spread the virus. The science says that if one has the antibodies already in their system the same thing applies. The science says children are at a miniscule risk.

If you are vaccinated and want to continue to wear a mask, drive on. That's your business. My status is none of yiur business.

For someone who thinks people should mind their own business, you sure mind others business.

I do follow the science. I go above and beyond the science because it makes me comfortable and isn't hurting anyone.

You act like this is a gotcha or something. It's not. I'm not denying the science, nor putting anybody at risk doing it. I'm a bit over protective, but it's a slow go for me to get back out there. It's not that I don't trust the science, it's that I don't trust other people following it. I don't trust that people without a vaccine will wear a mask.
How am I sticking my nose in your business by advocating that you should mind your own business? Please explain that one.

Your lack of trust doesn't mean the status of others is any of your business.

Do you explain to them that this kills primarily old people with serious existing conditions?

Do they have the vaccine where you are yet?

I thought this was an interesting topic of discussion now that the vaccines are fully rolled out. Do you ask people if they are vaccinated? Do you feel like it's your right to know if someone is vaccinated or not vaccinated? Please discuss below.

Only if we invite them over to our home. That said, most people that have been vaccinated are so excited to be vaccinated, they tell everyone anyway.

Only if we invite them over to our home. That said, most people that have been vaccinated are so excited to be vaccinated, they tell everyone anyway.
If someone wants to tell you, that’s fine.

I have friends over on occasion for a BBQ or we have little gatherings on our boats in the marina and I’ve never thought to ask anyone if they’ve been vaccinated. I’m certainly not going to demand that they must or they’re no longer welcome in my home or on my boat.

I'll keep asking as long as I feel like asking.
In fact, I may start asking folks if they whacked off in the shower this morning, too.

dude, you are either a valued member of sociaty or you are a parasite, I prefer to be a valued member

If everyone gets the vaccine we are free of this disease. If only I do, you continue to be a burden and threat to the rest of us.

A threat in many areas of life.

Lucky for you I am not King, you do not have to get the vaccine. You can limit yourself within sociaty and be an outcast.

enjoy
When the vaccines receive full approval from the FDA, I expect the government will start requiring it in many places. But that won't be until next year.

The science says that if one is vaccinated they can neither contract or spread the virus. The science says that if one has the antibodies already in their system the same thing applies. The science says children are at a miniscule risk.

If you are vaccinated and want to continue to wear a mask, drive on. That's your business. My status is none of yiur business.
No, actually if you are vaccinated you will have a milder case (often asymptomatic) that will keep you from being seriously ill or hospitalized. And it's true you probably won't spread it because the viral load will be low.

See Yankees article.

Back
Top Bottom