• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Daily showers are purely ‘performative’ and have no real health benefit, experts insist

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
At least its more clear why back in the day they only bathed on Saturday's.

Are showers overrated?

Or is this just to give the Euro's a pass?

Since we will shower less, can I put back on my high flow shower head?

This is a real stinky situation

Quit wasting water

Maybe Fauci ran recommend a BO mask that actually works

=========================

Call it perfume-ative hygiene.

Experts say the daily shower has no proven health benefit, dismissing the dousing as a socially accepted practice geared toward staving off accusations of funkiness — as A-listers like Jake Gyllenhaal and Mila Kunis admit they’ve been saying no to the nozzle.

“Why are we washing? Mostly because we’re afraid somebody else will tell us that we’re smelling,” environmentalist Donnachadh McCarthy told the BBC.

At least its more clear why back in the day they only bathed on Saturday's.

Are showers overrated?

Or is this just to give the Euro's a pass?
Oh shit...
Since we will shower less, can I put back on my high flow shower head?
Yes. It's on the top shelf behind the unused solar panel and box of N95 masks.

I have never taken a shower as a "health benefit" with the exception of cleansing showers the night before a surgery.

I take showers for the funk or the enjoyable feeling of being clean.
Say you work with me on my hobby farm for oh..... 30 minutes.

It would be very prudent to shower afterwords.

We have ticks, chiggers and all kinds of little creatures that like to cling on.

But, some take a shower then don't use deodorant. Smell like a$$ by noon.

We have ticks, chiggers and all kinds of little creatures that like to cling on.
Is your hobby entomology?

But, some take a shower then don't use deodorant. Smell like a$$ by noon.
:ROFLMAO: (y)

I think I have only not deoderized after a shower once in the last 10 years. I was deathly sick, and, well, that is all we need to know.

:ROFLMAO: (y)

I think I have only not deoderized after a shower once in the last 10 years. I was deathly sick, and, well, that is all we need to know.
I have a friend who can't use deodorant due to skin problems. Fortunately he doesn't perspire much.

Plus it helps stem the tide on a nasty hangover.
Haven't had a hangover in about 3 decades or more now.

Helps that I haven't had more than one or two drinks per year for decades.

I do not miss them!

“The “Prostitute State” author only hoses off once per month to help the environment”

Lovely

Meh... Not really. I had a bad experience with a magnifying glass and ants.
Jeffrey Dahmer started with ants.

Deadheads told us so.

Haven't had a hangover in about 3 decades or more now.

Helps that I haven't had more than one or two drinks per year for decades.

I do not miss them!
For you I believe it man...

For @Allan not so much :D

I have a friend who can't use deodorant due to skin problems. Fortunately he doesn't perspire much.
I have to be real careful what deodorant I use, I am allergic, nasally and lung wise to many formulas, especially those clear ones.

Something about pilots and booze

I don't feel fully awake until my shower.
Ditto. I throw the covers off, and turn the water on.
Unless I really have to piss. ..Wait?, I'm getting in the shower.." :unsure: ☺️

There is the thing of the 'microbiome' though. Washing away and stripping your skin of what may be beneficial.
My step-son had one hell of a microbiome.

One thing weird I found living in China is that you cannot find deodorant anywhere.

I asked my colleagues and they said it wasn't used much because Chinese people don't sweat.

I thought they were full of shit.

So I Googled it (when I moved back; Google isn't allowed in China) and they're partially correct.

Asians do perspire but they're missing the gene that causes the odor.

If you want to see the science behind it read up...

One thing weird I found living in China is that you cannot find deodorant anywhere.

I asked my colleagues and they said it wasn't used much because Chinese people don't sweat.

I thought they were full of shit.

So I Googled it (when I moved back; Google isn't allowed in China) and they're partially correct.

Asians do perspire but they're missing the gene that causes the odor.

If you want to see the science behind it read up...

Annnnd... I have read (imagine that) one could actually stand on stop of a fresh dump from an African in the desert and all you will smell is yourself.

Also, the VC said they could smell the diary products on our troops a mile away.

Americans are stinky..

Back
Top Bottom