• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ANTIFA

Again, you make a lot of effort describing the negative characteristics of "them" without ever answering who "they" actually are.
What part of “highly secretive” do you find difficult to grasp? It’s not like they have a recruiting office in the Post Office.

I've asked this question in numerous threads and don't think any alleged conservative has ever answered.
Who or what is ANTIFA?
Who are its members? Where do they meet or how do they organize? Who are their leaders? How do they show support for this organization, like wearing MAGA hats or BLM tee shirts?

I may or may not be willing to support this group if I could only find out who, what and where they are.

Any help?

If you're talking about Americans from 80 years ago...this was antifa:

Antifa WW2 vets.png

If you're thinking of the people of today, it's like Forrest Gump and the box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
Clearly some are just people who are against fascism, vehemently so, and some are against fascism but are ALSO FOR anarchy or communism.
But the overwhelming majority are simply ordinary Americans who oppose the rise of fascism.

What part of “highly secretive” do you find difficult to grasp? It’s not like they have a recruiting office in the Post Office.
If "they" are so adept at being super secret, how do you know "they" exist?

Are they just out there enough for you to feel their presence, but not out there enough that you can identify anyone who is part of this super secret group?

I've asked this question in numerous threads and don't think any alleged conservative has ever answered.
Who or what is ANTIFA?
Who are its members? Where do they meet or how do they organize? Who are their leaders? How do they show support for this organization, like wearing MAGA hats or BLM tee shirts?

I may or may not be willing to support this group if I could only find out who, what and where they are.

Any help?
ANTIFA is an anti Fascist organization ....... not a terrorist organization.

The domestic terrorists are manipulated by Trump and ALEC ..........

back in my day, everyone opposed fascists except for neo-nazi morons.

update : it's still my day.

If people in Trump hats met up together every day and burned buildings down and threw moltv cocktails at cops what would YOU call them?
MAGAites. Trump supports are autocrats and support abusive cops.
They got their own damn flag....

Y5I5110-1013x675.jpg
That flag is 70 years old.

antifa02.png

It was also used to oppose Hitler,

Who or what is ANTIFA?

Any help?
I believe Antifa is listed somewhere between "ain't a thing" and a boogieman only the Right can see, which is amazing for a band of merry men who are basically not sees.

No irony here. :rolleyes:

Fascinating. You come in with your usual ignorance demanding that someone who is actually interested in a civil discussion do the work that you yet again refuse to do.

You're playing the old "do all the work so I can shred it" game, and nobody is dumb enough to fall for that any more. This raises the question of why you continue.

View attachment 67333605
Fascinating. You come in with your usual ignorance demanding that someone who is actually interested in a civil discussion do the work that you yet again refuse to do.

You're playing the old "do all the work so I can shred it" game, and nobody is dumb enough to fall for that any more. This raises the question of why you continue.
And you you are PLAYING.

MAGAites. Trump supports are autocrats and support abusive cops.

That flag is 70 years old.

antifa02.png

It was also used to oppose Hitler,

Yes, yes you already revealed enough you think republicans are Nazis and you are simply lawyering any and everything in favor of your little anarchist buddies that love to throw fire at other people.

Yes, yes you already revealed enough you think republicans are Nazis and you are simply lawyering any and everything in favor of your little anarchist buddies that love to throw fire at other people.
Republicans that support Trump are either passive or active fascists. You logically cannot support Donald Trump if you oppose fascism.

The facts are clear that Donald Trump supported almost all of the 14 points of fascism.

1. The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
  2. The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
  3. The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
  4. Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
  5. Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
  6. Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”
  7. The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”
  8. The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
  9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
  10. Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
  11. Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”
  12. Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”
  13. Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”
  14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

Who or what is ANTIFA?

Any help?

What do conservatives have to do with anything? Because theyre the only ones seemingly concerned with the weekly violent protests going on in mostly Portland, but several other cities as well?

Youre saying you MIGHT be willing to support the people in Portland locking cops in their precinct and setting it on fire, smashing windows, assaulting innocent people? Why do the details matter? I dont know who Proud Boys are, how they organize or meet, or who their leaders are, but I can say right now I oppose their use of violence, and think that the govt should be investigating, preventing their violent actions, arresting those who conspire and organize violence in their name. And that the media should be covering all this.

Heres a couple right here:

The Antifa members later explained that in addition to protesting, they do a significant amount of behind-the-scenes work, as they conduct research to identify and expose those saying violent or racist things on the internet.

“We can make someone’s life a little bit harder by publishing their job and hoping they get fired or have to find a new job,” one member said. “But those are temporary setbacks for them that make their organizing harder, and their organizing is work that intends to commit genocidal violence. So in the grand scheme of things, we think that’s worth it.”

Back
Top Bottom