• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A SCIENTIFIC treatise from an expert on why masks don't work and why so many are getting infected.

The primary purpose of a surgical mask is to mitigate the effects of liquid such as blood or saliva. It doesn't do much to prevent aerosol viral transmission. They might help if the person spreading the virus is coughing or sneezing but not so much if they're just breathing.
If that were the case, I don't think we'd have many front line workers left. They actually do mitigate viral transmission albeit not entirely. Thanks!!

ok, look, anyone can find whatever they want on the net, this doctor says this, that doctor says that, and pick and chose whatever someone says that confirms OUR POSITION.
you don't want to wear a mask, then don't. My wife and I are fully vaccinated and continue to wear masks in crowds.
I don't give a rat's ass about semantics, does this mask work better than that one, the fact is because of the guidelines, our countries missed a flu season (and yes, you can google that as well), so you don't want to wear a mask - then don't.

at least have the decency and courtesy then to avoid large crowds or being around unvaccinated people, hopefully you CAN DO that much.
if you can't, well that says something about you, and we can leave it at that.
This is really unbelievable the cognitive dissonance on display here. This is NOT just some bloke blogger. He is a COVID adviser to the president and says the ONLY masks that are effective are N95s that are properly fitted to the wearer and you don't give a shirt? For 18 months now people were led to believe that cloth and surgical masks were OK, even though the CDC KNEW they weren't and you and others are OK with this because they are Democrats at the CDC!!??

You don't even care that the CDC was once again wrong and putting people's lives at risk? This is amazing. I told all of you guys this for 18 months and you called me names, stupid, imbecile, a fool and now the adviser to Biden CONFIRMS what I have been saying and all you do is shrug?

If that were the case, I don't think we'd have many front line workers left. They actually do mitigate viral transmission albeit not entirely. Thanks!!
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Medical masks​

Also called surgical masks, these are loose fitting disposable masks. They're meant to protect the wearer from contact with droplets and sprays that may contain germs. A medical mask also filters out large particles in the air when the wearer breathes in.

N95 masks​

An N95 mask is a type of respirator. It offers more protection than a medical mask does because it filters out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales.

Because N95 masks have been in short supply, the CDC has said they should be reserved for health care providers. Health care providers must be trained and pass a fit test before using an N95 mask. Like surgical masks, N95 masks are intended to be disposable. However, researchers are testing ways to disinfect and reuse them.

Cloth masks​

A cloth mask is intended to trap respiratory droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes. It also acts as a barrier to protect the wearer from inhaling droplets released by others.

The various masks, like I said, tend to be designed to protect against droplets, not aerosols.

Here ya go, snowflake. that's a good name for you, BTW.

Who are the masks intended to protect?

This is really unbelievable the cognitive dissonance on display here. This is NOT just some bloke blogger. He is a COVID adviser to the president and says the ONLY masks that are effective are N95s that are properly fitted to the wearer and you don't give a shirt? For 18 months now people were led to believe that cloth and surgical masks were OK, even though the CDC KNEW they weren't and you and others are OK with this because they are Democrats at the CDC!!??

You don't even care that the CDC was once again wrong and putting people's lives at risk? This is amazing. I told all of you guys this for 18 months and you called me names, stupid, imbecile, a fool and now the adviser to Biden CONFIRMS what I have been saying and all you do is shrug?

Who are the masks intended to protect?

Masks are the perma hard-on for the ignorant and idiotic, the symbol of subjugation and the beta mentalists.

Back
Top Bottom