• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

$86 Million in Hotel Rooms for Illegal Aliens

Biden spent $86 million dollars to pay for hotel rooms to house illegal aliens, meanwhile homeless citizen families are sleeping on the cold streets of just about every city. Many who I am sure would love a hotel room for the night.
You say these things as if Democrats like Biden wouldn't be more than happy to put homeless citizens' families up in hotel rooms. If Republicans would like to help us pass Immigration reform I'm sure Democrats would also be more than willing to include more and better funding for homeless shelters.

IMMIGRANTS are hard working people from what I have observed ............

If you’re upset about spending $86M to house people legally seeking asylum, you should be even more upset about spending $645M for a president to go golfing. I’m so tired of the fake outrage.

Which all three are left leaning, if you want to to get into details. Almost every time a conservative lists a news source, they always attack the source itself rather then attempting to debunking the news story.

NPR does not lean either direction. Almost every time I hear it, the channel is nothing but a deep male voice speaking in a monotone telling short news stories from around the world. The reporter does not go on mostly praising Democrats and criticizing Republicans about anything. It is just facts, facts, and more facts. How can you say that endless monologue is biased to the left?

You say these things as if Democrats like Biden wouldn't be more than happy to put homeless citizens' families up in hotel rooms. If Republicans would like to help us pass Immigration reform I'm sure Democrats would also be more than willing to include more and better funding for homeless shelters.
This isn't about homeless Americans. This is about importing poverty and a dependent class to vote Democrat.

NPR does not lean either direction. Almost every time I hear it, the channel is nothing but a deep male voice speaking in a monotone telling short news stories from around the world. The reporter does not go on mostly praising Democrats and criticizing Republicans about anything. It is just facts, facts, and more facts. How can you say that endless monologue is biased to the left?

Oh, I've been listening to NPR news on the car radio for a few year now to know it leans left.

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation

Newsmax.

NEXT!

Rather than killing the messenger, you could have checked. :rolleyes:

Border crisis: More than 5,000 unaccompanied migrant children are in CBP custody - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham

Biden spent $86 million dollars to pay for hotel rooms to house illegal aliens, meanwhile homeless citizen families are sleeping on the cold streets of just about every city. Many who I am sure would love a hotel room for the night.

This article also points out that they will operate a new 2,000 bed facility for unaccompanied children and that as of Saturday there were 5,000 unaccompanied children.

Remember - there is no crisis at the border.

Something seems very wrong with this story - $86M for 1,240 beds (and other services?) comes out to over $69K per bed.

Don't ****ing act like you wanted to pay for housing for those homeless people. Good lord. The hypocrisy of the right is astounding.

We all pay for them, even you.

Oh, I've been listening to NPR news on the car radio for a few year now to know it leans left.

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

Which is exactly what all conservative media obviously go out of their way to avoid.

The right answer: spend more on American homeless (though there's already a lot more than $86 million spent).

The wrong answer, the one Sabre pushes: don't provide housing for immigrants OR the homeless.
The right answer, don't create an entirely new, huge, an horribly expensive problem and one that was totally unavoidable.

-Snip- Anti American right wing nuts never shut up
And that is where you lost any semblance balance - I do love how the left is trying to blame every screw up Biden makes past conservative's in office. I believe Biden was even heard saying after each trip on the ramp- d**n Trump, d**n Trump, d**n Trump.

Which is exactly what all conservative media obviously go out of their way to avoid.

I really don't have a choice as thats the only station that has regular news programming. So I just cringe my way though it.

PBS, NPR, and the AP are unbiased. I would have no problem accepting your News Mini story if they also published it.

Which part of my post are you calling a stupid lie?
None, I was quoting your use of the words - read you own post again #57, it was you stating those words. Made me wonder if there were smart lies as well as stupid one.

Which all three are left leaning, if you want to to get into details. Almost everytime a conservative lists a news source, they always attack the source itself rather then attempting to debunking the news story.
Yep, that's for sure because the stories are true stories they DO NOT want to hear. Their media shields them from anything that reflects badly on any Dem. Read their posts. Whenever Biden speaks they actually think he was excellent and brilliant;)

Something seems very wrong with this story - $86M for 1,240 beds (and other services?) comes out to over $69K per bed.
More than an ashtray for a submarine.

Yep, that's for sure because the stories are true stories they DO NOT want to hear. Their media shields them from anything that reflects badly on any Dem. Read their posts. Whenever Biden speaks they actually think he was excellent and brilliant;)
Biden has yet to speak about the horrible conditions at the border, and that's ok with the Left.

The right cares about the homeless? Most people on the right think being homeless is a lifestyle choice.

So is being an illegal immigrant in the United States. For some, this means subjecting their children to every possible horrific dangers as their life choice.

The right answer, don't create an entirely new, huge, an horribly expensive problem and one that was totally unavoidable.

Ya, $86 million is like half the budget - it's almost a day of trump golf. When things like Latin American refugee crises are easy to solve.

IMMIGRANTS are hard working people from what I have observed ............
Kids 5,10,15 years old?
We have child labor laws against that

The right cares about the homeless? Most people on the right think being homeless is a lifestyle choice.
What do you think? Do you think motel rooms should first go to homeless American citizens? Or do immigrants unlawfully entering this country have greater rights, for which American citizens are discriminated against by the American government on behalf of citizens of other countries?

Back
Top Bottom