• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zurich Begins Experiment with Drive-in 'Sex Boxes'.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
No car, no sex.

af97ce10bae48c1c3b0f6a7067003c45.jpg

That's the rule for an experiment Zurich is launching Monday to make prostitution less of a public nuisance and safer for women.
Switzerland has long been famous for its mountaineering, chocolate and precision watches, but a lesser known aspect is its legal prostitution since 1942, for which its largest city is one of the main centers in Europe.

Fashionably teak-colored open wooden garages, popularly called "sex boxes" by the Swiss media, will be open for business for drive-in customers. The several dozen sex workers who are expected to make it their new hub will stand along a short road in a small, circular park for clients to choose from and negotiate with. The park was built in a former industrial area nestled between a rail yard and the fence along a major highway.

The publicly funded facilities — open all night and located away from the city center — include bathrooms, lockers, small cafe tables and a laundry and shower. Men won't have to worry about video surveillance cameras, but the sex workers — who will need a permit and pay a small tax — will be provided with a panic button and on-site social workers trained to look after them.

Voters in Zurich approved spending up to 2.4 million Swiss francs ($2.6 million) on the project last year as a way of relocating the sex traffic away from a busy downtown area where it had become a public nuisance and safety concern due to lack of sanitation, aggressive men, and associated drugs and violence. The city, which only allows prostitution in certain areas, also plans to spend 700,000 francs ($760,000) a year to keep the sex boxes running.

Modeled after the drive-in brothels used in several cities in Germany and the Netherlands, which have had mixed success improving safety, the sex boxes will be open daily from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. The city painted the outdoor bathrooms in soft pink and blue, strung colorful light bulbs among the trees and posted creative signs encouraging the use of condoms to spruce the place up a little and make it seem more pleasant.

"We built the place to be secure for the sex workers. It also had to be discreet for the sex workers and the clientele," said Michael Herzig of Zurich's social welfare department. "But we thought if we build the place, we can also make it look good."

Zurich requires that street sex workers register with city and health authorities, and it offers health checks and requires that sex workers be at least 18 years old, in keeping with a Council of Europe convention on protecting children from exploitation and abuse.

In Switzerland, anyone who works in the sex trade must be at least 16, the legal age of sexual maturity. The income is taxed and subject to social insurance like any other economic activity.....snip~

7492a2c5bae48c1c3b0f6a706700cf82.jpg
3b043286bae48c1c3b0f6a7067005450.jpg

:shock: Should the US stop arresting for Prostitution and start doing what these people are? Switzerland. Then Taxing that as income. Look we already on the way with Weed. Once the Democrats and Republicans can see how much money can be made with this industry. You can count on them looking to get their il grubby mitts into these cookie jars too.

Is this a rerun of the part in the Bible, right before God gets really pissed off? ;)

Is this a rerun of the part in the Bible, right before God gets really pissed off? ;)

oh-god-you-devil.jpg

yepp.gif
Now that the peoples governments fund things like this. I don't see a problem with changing laws. But I doubt the Man Upstairs wants to see Countries as Pimps.
pimpdaddy.gif

I like this a lot. I believe we should legalise prostitution and brothels in the USA. I want to open a wild west type brothel where the women where turn of the century clothing and there is a balcony above the street that they stand on.

oh-god-you-devil.jpg

yepp.gif
Now that the peoples governments fund things like this. I don't see a problem with changing laws. But I doubt the Man Upstairs wants to see Countries as Pimps.
pimpdaddy.gif

I don't personally care either way about government funding of this- my comment was just a general observation on the openly decadent nature of what we have become. Yeah, I know it's my age showing. ;)

No car, no sex.

That's the rule for an experiment Zurich is launching Monday to make prostitution less of a public nuisance and safer for women.
Switzerland has long been famous for its mountaineering, chocolate and precision watches, but a lesser known aspect is its legal prostitution since 1942, for which its largest city is one of the main centers in Europe.

Fashionably teak-colored open wooden garages, popularly called "sex boxes" by the Swiss media, will be open for business for drive-in customers. The several dozen sex workers who are expected to make it their new hub will stand along a short road in a small, circular park for clients to choose from and negotiate with. The park was built in a former industrial area nestled between a rail yard and the fence along a major highway.

The publicly funded facilities — open all night and located away from the city center — include bathrooms, lockers, small cafe tables and a laundry and shower. Men won't have to worry about video surveillance cameras, but the sex workers — who will need a permit and pay a small tax — will be provided with a panic button and on-site social workers trained to look after them.

Voters in Zurich approved spending up to 2.4 million Swiss francs ($2.6 million) on the project last year as a way of relocating the sex traffic away from a busy downtown area where it had become a public nuisance and safety concern due to lack of sanitation, aggressive men, and associated drugs and violence. The city, which only allows prostitution in certain areas, also plans to spend 700,000 francs ($760,000) a year to keep the sex boxes running.

Modeled after the drive-in brothels used in several cities in Germany and the Netherlands, which have had mixed success improving safety, the sex boxes will be open daily from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. The city painted the outdoor bathrooms in soft pink and blue, strung colorful light bulbs among the trees and posted creative signs encouraging the use of condoms to spruce the place up a little and make it seem more pleasant.

"We built the place to be secure for the sex workers. It also had to be discreet for the sex workers and the clientele," said Michael Herzig of Zurich's social welfare department. "But we thought if we build the place, we can also make it look good."

Zurich requires that street sex workers register with city and health authorities, and it offers health checks and requires that sex workers be at least 18 years old, in keeping with a Council of Europe convention on protecting children from exploitation and abuse.

In Switzerland, anyone who works in the sex trade must be at least 16, the legal age of sexual maturity. The income is taxed and subject to social insurance like any other economic activity.....snip~

7492a2c5bae48c1c3b0f6a706700cf82.jpg
3b043286bae48c1c3b0f6a7067005450.jpg

:shock: Should the US stop arresting for Prostitution and start doing what these people are? Switzerland. Then Taxing that as income. Look we already on the way with Weed. Once the Democrats and Republicans can see how much money can be made with this industry. You can count on them looking to get their il grubby mitts into these cookie jars too.

I don't fault the idea. It would seem to make selling sex a safer occupation. It'd be nice if we could get the pimps out of the game. This might do it. I think there are some women who are forced into prostitution and kept there by their greedy handlers.

When I think about (my idea of) who uses prostitutes, I get sad. I think it serves a worthwhile purpose. There are some men who can't afford relationships...or who are incapable of sustaining them. Those are the ones I feel sorry for and hope that prostitution gives them some amount of happiness in their lives.

I like this a lot. I believe we should legalise prostitution and brothels in the USA. I want to open a wild west type brothel where the women where turn of the century clothing and there is a balcony above the street that they stand on.

Can I be the tax accountant.
evil5.gif

Is this Tigger?

I don't fault the idea. It would seem to make selling sex a safer occupation. It'd be nice if we could get the pimps out of the game. This might do it. I think there are some women who are forced into prostitution and kept there by their greedy handlers.

When I think about (my idea of) who uses prostitutes, I get sad. I think it serves a worthwhile purpose. There are some men who can't afford relationships...or who are incapable of sustaining them. Those are the ones I feel sorry for and hope that prostitution gives them some amount of happiness in their lives.

Well one thing is for certain. They wouldn't have a criminal record to affect them from moving onto something else. How much with the Courts would ebe cleared with Weed and Prostitution out of the way. States making money off both?

No car, no sex.

The puddle of fluid on the ground with no discernible signs of there being a car wash involved makes this super icky (or sticky, take your pick)

I don't personally care either way about government funding of this- my comment was just a general observation on the openly decadent nature of what we have become. Yeah, I know it's my age showing. ;)

Well you 25yr olds shouldn't be so moral like.
wink.gif

<<<< whew.....wipes swet from brow.
cya20.gif

The puddle of fluid on the ground with no discernible signs of there being a car wash involved makes this super icky (or sticky, take your pick)

Yeah Fisher......also One other thing I noticed here. They didn't say what it costs the Average Jon for using this service. :shock:

Yeah Fisher......also One other thing I noticed here. They didn't say what it costs the Average Jon for using this service. :shock:

I think whatever the lady "working her way through university" charges. IIRC from reading another article on it, they wanted to create a safe zone for the ladies i.e. a place to congregate them out of sight and away from the tourists.

someone had a good time lol

someone had a good time lol

after years of waiting based upon the volume :lamo

Now if we had one of those in the US, I suspect that the local enterprise Rent-A-Car dealership would be doing booming business, and rent by the hour.

Wow. Subsidized prostitution. If they subsidized maids, the marriage rate in Switzerland would fall through the floor.

They'd essentially eliminate the need for a woman beyond the rental stage.

Back
Top Bottom