• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zim's Non-Lethal Options

Judge Alex who comments on the case everyday explained what stalking means in a court setting, (And it DOES NOT APPLY in this case) Maybe if you knew the proper definition of stalking, you wouldn't keep making the same mistake over and over again, let's see:
Stalking can be defined as the willful and repeated following, watching and/or harassing of another person. Unlike other crimes, which usually involve one act, stalking is a series of actions that occur over a period of time

So unless you have any info proving that GZ actually knew TM and has been repeatedly following, watched or harassed him...........IT'S NOT STALKING! Get it?:doh

If you aren't out for your evening walk and you follow someone home, you have created a frightening situation. Call it what you like.

George is far too stupid to own a gun or be involved with NW volunteers.

If you aren't out for your evening walk and you follow someone home, you have created a frightening situation. Call it what you like.

The irony is just killing me.

George was trying to create a publicity stunt, to show that he should get hired as a security patrol. Since the publicity created was more than he could have imagined, now George has to pretend he did not intentionally create the incident.

Featuring: Piranha Mom’s New Theory About Defendant’s Motive for Killing Trayvon | Frederick Leatherman Law Blog

//

George was trying to create a publicity stunt, to show that he should get hired as a security patrol. Since the publicity created was more than he could have imagined, now George has to pretend he did not intentionally create the incident.

Featuring: Piranha Mom’s New Theory About Defendant’s Motive for Killing Trayvon | Frederick Leatherman Law Blog

//

I think so too.. George had real problems keeping a job, paying his own rent or finishing school... He wanted enough recognition to get the HOA to hire him for security.

//

This from the link...

I find it quite intriguing and it fits well with another theory presented here that the defendant was using Neighborhood Watch as a cover for a burglary ring.

And Sharon agreeing with it pretty much throws all creditability out the window. :lamo

This from the link...

I find it quite intriguing and it fits well with another theory presented here that the defendant was using Neighborhood Watch as a cover for a burglary ring.

And Sharon agreeing with it pretty much throws all creditability out the window. :lamo

George claims that he knew every adult and child at the Retreat but didn't know his neighbor (the burglar) Emmanuel Burgess. So make of that what you will.

George was living on student loans and unemployment.. who knows? Florida is full of grifters. I certainly saw my share when I worked down there. Lots of people working the system and not getting anywhere.

George claims that he knew every adult and child at the Retreat but didn't know his neighbor (the burglar) Emmanuel Burgess. So make of that what you will.

George was living on student loans and unemployment.. who knows? Florida is full of grifters. I certainly saw my share when I worked down there. Lots of people working the system and not getting anywhere.

You should visit Detroit or Chicago. South Florida is awesome, that's why we have so many well to do people here. Do we have our share or trouble? Of course, but not much worse than the rest of the US. We have good and bad like all the rest.

Now not a single thing you said has anything to do with the trial or the reality of the evidence as so far presented. It is just fantasy based on yours and others imaginations and the Florida jab is just a strawman. End of story.

There isn't really a pro-Zim side. More like a Zim-Not-Guilty side.... but I don't think anyone is saying George is a great guy you'd love to have as a neighbor who should be entrusted with money, children and puppies.... not so much no.

But being a douche isn't the same as being guilty of M2.

You should visit Detroit or Chicago. South Florida is awesome, that's why we have so many well to do people here. Do we have our share or trouble? Of course, but not much worse than the rest of the US. We have good and bad like all the rest.

Now not a single thing you said has anything to do with the trial or the reality of the evidence as so far presented. It is just fantasy based on yours and others imaginations and the Florida jab is just a strawman. End of story.

I worked down there for several years.. rented a 1940s bungalow.. I never saw so many crooks and con men... drug addicts and tattoos.

I worked down there for several years.. rented a 1940s bungalow.. I never saw so many crooks and con men... drug addicts and tattoos.

Sounds more like Vegas. Needless to say considering your record on honesty, I will take it with a grain of salt.

The best part is of all the things I pointed out, you continue with the argument that has no relevance at all, none. :lamo

What if George Zimmerman had never been born? (We can what-if ourselves into oblivion - oh! and should all over ourselves too.

If Trayvon hadn't been on his 3rd suspension from school in less than 6 months, he'd have never been there that night. :shrug:

The statements in the OP could have been said about TM
-Carry mace/stun gun
- have self defense training.

We can play the what if game all day long. What if TM did nothing when GZ and him met up? While he didn't know it, LE was only a couple minutes away.

I just heard an interesting question posed. What was TR supposed to do? He was being followed because he looked like he was up to no good in a world where sometimes bad people do bad things to innocent people. Others may disagrees but I think TM thought he was being pursued by such a person who unknown to him turned out to be a guy trying to protect his neighborhood from crime; no way for TM to know this. If Martin fights to defend himself from the person following him, his gets shot. If he runs, "The thug is running. Catch him before he gets away." Probably the better option and we have no idea how that would have turned out but either way, Martin is probably in a no win situation. I probably would have hung up from the call with the girl and called 911 myself. I guess that was the missed opportunity. Sadly, many inner-city minorities do not view the police as friends and defenders of their safety, an entirely different matter. I guess the same could be said of neighborhood watch volunteers.

I just heard an interesting question posed. What was TR supposed to do? .

trayvon was less than 200 feet from home, he had "lost" the guy who was following him. what was Trayvon supposed to do? keep ****ing walking. not stop and wait for 4 minutes for zimmerman to find him. :shrug:

Zim should have been carrying Pepper Spray.

Zim should have been carrying a stun-gun.

Zim should have had more effective training, such as Aikido, to better protect himself, if he was going to carry a handgun with hollowpoint bullets. In many forms of Aikido, you are taught to stay on your feet, and protect yourself against fists. Zim was a negligent student of MMA, letting himself get straddled on the gound. So negligent that Zim is unbelievable!!!

Policemen most all carry pepper spray for situations that can be handled without killing the opponent.

Pepper Spray companies should lobby for people carrying guns, to also have pepper spray.

Zim was negligent in many aspects of the situation leading to the death of Trayvon Martin

Zim had many ways in which he could have defused the situation with Trayvon Martin. Zim has not really appologized by acknoledging he could have done a number of things differently, to avoid killing Trayvon Martin.

Shooting someone is not a non-lethal options.

HowStuffWorks "Wound Ballistics"

//

I'll stick with the gun option.

Zim should have been carrying Pepper Spray.

Zim should have been carrying a stun-gun.

Zim should have had more effective training, such as Aikido, to better protect himself, if he was going to carry a handgun with hollowpoint bullets. In many forms of Aikido, you are taught to stay on your feet, and protect yourself against fists. Zim was a negligent student of MMA, letting himself get straddled on the gound. So negligent that Zim is unbelievable!!!

Policemen most all carry pepper spray for situations that can be handled without killing the opponent.

Pepper Spray companies should lobby for people carrying guns, to also have pepper spray.

Zim was negligent in many aspects of the situation leading to the death of Trayvon Martin

Zim had many ways in which he could have defused the situation with Trayvon Martin. Zim has not really appologized by acknoledging he could have done a number of things differently, to avoid killing Trayvon Martin.

Shooting someone is not a non-lethal options.

HowStuffWorks "Wound Ballistics"

//

His other option, given the circumstances at the time, was to die right?

His other option, given the circumstances at the time, was to die right?

Do you REALLY think Zimmerman was gonna die that night? Really?(with or without a gun)

Do you REALLY think Zimmerman was gonna die that night? Really?(with or without a gun)

After seeing the evidence presented. Yes. Why would Martin have stopped beating him?

Any ideas?

Easy for you to ask this question in hindsight from your computer. Doesn't really matter now does it? The LEGAL question is, was it "reasonable" for George to think he was in danger of "great bodily harm or death". Do you think the soccer referee that got punch in the side of the head REALLY think he was gonna die that day from one punch?

The FACTS of the case, were TM was CLOSER to his father's house than the physical location of the encounter. He'd separated himself from GZ. Had he simply gone home, he'd be alive today.

The lesson. If you're being "followed" (that's a VERY loose definition by some here) by a "creepy ass cracker", you ***PROBABLY*** shouldn't allow a confrontation where you broke his nose and were administering "an MMA style ground and pound", you just ***MIGHT*** get fatally shot.

Easy for you to ask this question in hindsight from your computer. Doesn't really matter now does it? The LEGAL question is, was it "reasonable" for George to think he was in danger of "great bodily harm or death". Do you think the soccer referee that got punch in the side of the head REALLY think he was gonna die that day from one punch?

The FACTS of the case, were TM was CLOSER to his father's house than the physical location of the encounter. He'd separated himself from GZ. Had he simply gone home, he'd be alive today.

The lesson. If you're being "followed" (that's a VERY loose definition by some here) by a "creepy ass cracker", you ***PROBABLY*** shouldn't allow a confrontation where you broke his nose and were administering "an MMA style ground and pound", you just ***MIGHT*** get fatally shot.

I love all the hindsight.

Why just direct it at Trayvon. In hindsight, Zimnmerman should have stayed in the safety of his car. He indicated Trayvon was reaching for something in his pants (I believe he Zim was insinuating a possible weapon) why on Gods green earth would a PRIVATE CITIZEN go after someone who he thought might be dangerous, especially with police on the way. He went out to get the asshole that always gets away. In hindsight, if Zim had stayed in his car - which would have been a reasonable adult decision, he would not be in this trouble.

I get saying that Trayvon should have gone home. We were not in his shoes, but it makes sense. I know when I was followed, in hindsight my actions could have been way better. But my mind was racing.

But please apply your hindsight equally.

Looking at things in hindsight is dumb. We have to look at what did happen, not what should've happened.

Why just direct it at Trayvon. In hindsight, Zimnmerman should have stayed in the safety of his car. He indicated Trayvon was reaching for something in his pants (I believe he Zim was insinuating a possible weapon) why on Gods green earth would a PRIVATE CITIZEN go after someone who he thought might be dangerous, especially with police on the way. He went out to get the asshole that always gets away. In hindsight, if Zim had stayed in his car - which would have been a reasonable adult decision, he would not be in this trouble.

I get saying that Trayvon should have gone home. We were not in his shoes, but it makes sense. I know when I was followed, in hindsight my actions could have been way better. But my mind was racing.

I would agree with you on this point. Then the lesson would be, if you ever observe someone who is out of the ordinary in your neighborhood, call the police, don't worry about a crime being committed, just turn a blind eye. Kinda like those who heard the struggle but didn't want to go outside.

Rapists, muggers, thieves, pickpockets all stalk their victims.

So your claiming that is why Martin approached Zimmerman?

Staying in his car after he had the police coming as the suspicious person disappeared would not be the "adult thing" to do, it would be the cowardly apathetic thing to do by which he had only wasted the police's time. He would have had to deliberately made a frivolous police-harassment prank call if he had not believed the police should talk to Martin - and to do that the police would have to know where Martin is.

Back
Top Bottom