• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zimmerman's lawyer calls prosecutors 'disgrace' to profession

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

O'Mara accused prosecutors of several Brady violations, which were heard by Judge Debra Nelson before the trial. Nelson postponed some of her decisions on sanctions until after trial, saying the process was time-consuming.
"This is not acceptable, and is not going to be tolerated in any case that I'm involved in," O'Mara told Reuters in New York on Monday, accusing special prosecutor Angela Corey and lead trial attorney Bernie de la Rionda of Brady violations.
"They are a disgrace to my profession," O'Mara said, referring specifically to de la Rionda and Corey. "They said my client was 'lucky' to have been acquitted. Really?"

Her office confirmed last week that it had fired its information technology director, Ben Kruidbos, who had testified in a pre-trial hearing that files he created with text messages and images he retrieved from Martin's phone were not handed to the defense.
Kruidbos testified last month that he found embarrassing photos on Martin's phone that included pictures of a clump of jewelry on a bed, underage nude females, marijuana plants and a hand holding a semi-automatic pistol.

After the cops, the local jurisdiction, the FBI, and others found nothing worth filing charges against Zimmerman over, the state comes in and tries to railroad Zimmerman by manipulating and withholding evidence, all the while stirring the racial pot into a national frenzy.

The judge did nothing to derail any of it. She badgered O'Malley to no end, interupting him constantly and affecting the flow of his argument.

Fortunately, these liberal idiots were way in over their heads intellectually. They should be disbarred for withholding evidence, especially after firing the state employee for getting the proper information to the defense against their will.

After the cops, the local jurisdiction, the FBI, and others found nothing worth filing charges against Zimmerman over, the state comes in and tries to railroad Zimmerman by manipulating and withholding evidence, all the while stirring the racial pot into a national frenzy.

The judge did nothing to derail any of it. She badgered O'Malley to no end, interupting him constantly and affecting the flow of his argument.

Fortunately, these liberal idiots were way in over their heads intellectually. They should be disbarred for withholding evidence, especially after firing the state employee for getting the proper information to the defense against their will.

Martin was an angel sent from heaven and don't you forget it pal!

For others:

Scope
A Brady violation consists of three separate parts. The evidence must be favorable to the defendant because it casts doubt on the witness or it gives credibility to the defendant. The state must have suppressed the evidence, even if unintentionally. Finally, because the of the failure to disclose, the court was prejudiced against the defendant.

History
In the 1963 case of Brady v. Maryland, the U.S. Supreme Court determined that the 5th and 14th amendments provide for the availability of all evidence in a case. This holds true even if the prosecution or police do not intend to withhold evidence.

Results
Should a Brady violation occur, the court will exercise discretion as to the specific outcome of the case, depending on the circumstances. Often, a continuance results. However, the court could declare a mistrial or dismiss all charges.

Read more: What Is a Brady Violation? | eHow

Since the verdict was Not Guilty, my guess would be nothing much will happen here.

Disgrace, and fraudulent.

That could be true, but if they proceed with a hearing then I suspect it is not. I will not be shocked if the judge cancels the hearing if you are correct.

The nebulous parts to this are BIG. The material with held was data interpretations where as the data itself was turned over. I do not know if it's common for non govt techies to be able to turn the data into discernible messages like the govt did or not? If its not then the govt withheld the messages. Next, since the judge ruled that TMs past was not allowed into testimony nothing will be done for this, but I do expect the IT director to sue his boss.

For others:

Since the verdict was Not Guilty, my guess would be nothing much will happen here.

Back
Top Bottom