• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zimmerman Jury Race Demographics

Compatibilist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I just saw the racial numbers of those who've been questioned so far and held over to be called back.

15 White
5 Black
4 Hispanics
1 Indian

This comes from HLN who provides IN Session Live Coverage. This Cable TV station capitalizes on covering these big trials and is obviously in the corner of TM. No surprise since they're owned by CNN.

We all know race is the issue that brought this case to the countries attention. My question would be [for example] if they seat 4 whites, 1 hispanic, and 1 black... would that be a problem to the extent that protests begin even before the trial starts?? Also what would be a fair racial makeup and should it be along the lines of population race percentages of local district, county, state... etc?

For instance the state of Florida racial/ethnic groups are White (57.9%) followed by Hispanic (22.5%) and Black (15.2%). This would be close to along the lines of the above.

I know this should not be an issue for jury consideration... but of course it will be.

In fact, I can almost see Jesse, Al...et al. inciting public demonstration

After Dark | HLNtv.com

I just saw the racial numbers of those who've been questioned so far and held over to be called back.

15 White
5 Black
4 Hispanics
1 Indian

This comes from HLN who provides IN Session Live Coverage. This Cable TV station capitalizes on covering these big trials and is obviously in the corner of TM. No surprise since they're owned by CNN.

We all know race is the issue that brought this case to the countries attention. My question would be [for example] if they seat 4 whites, 1 hispanic, and 1 black... would that be a problem to the extent that protests begin even before the trial starts?? Also what would be a fair racial makeup and should it be along the lines of population race percentages of local district, county, state... etc?

For instance the state of Florida racial/ethnic groups are White (57.9%) followed by Hispanic (22.5%) and Black (15.2%). This would be close to along the lines of the above.

I know this should not be an issue for jury consideration... but of course it will be.

In fact, I can almost see Jesse, Al...et al. inciting public demonstration

After Dark | HLNtv.com

Race did call attention to this event.

The event itself has held that attention.

Most here who aren't in the Z camp are upset about Zs actions, not any racial aspect.

Most here who aren't in the Z camp are upset about Zs actions, not any racial aspect.
Most?
Bs!
They say it isn't.
But it is obvious it is.

Most?
Bs!
They say it isn't.
But it is obvious it is.

So you think this is just about race?

Its about stupidity..

George could have gotten a second job and paid his own rent.. Instead he got two big dogs and joined a gym.

Sheer genius.

It is a sad statement to even consider "race" as an issue in this case or jury selection.

If we continue with well should a jury be made up of x% this and y% that. we will never get past race issues.

I for one want a jury that will be fair and impartial., no matter the makeup.

It is a sad statement to even consider "race" as an issue in this case or jury selection.

If we continue with well should a jury be made up of x% this and y% that. we will never get past race issues.

I for one want a jury that will be fair and impartial., no matter the makeup.

Of course you're right in a perfect world. But let's look at the reality of this high profile trial.... which only became so [mostly] because of race.

So you think this is just about race?

Its about stupidity..

George could have gotten a second job and paid his own rent.. Instead he got two big dogs and joined a gym.

Sheer genius.
:naughty

sharon I do not think this is about race.

Those on your side, by calling Zimmerman or those that support him, racist, or by making their racist opinions known, have clearly indicated it is about race for them.

Saying it is about stupidity or something else, is, and has always been cover for their racist views.

:naughty

sharon I do not think this is about race.

Those on your side, by calling Zimmerman or those that support him, racist, or by making their racist opinions known, have clearly indicated it is about race for them.

Saying it is about stupidity or something else, is, and has always been cover for their racist views.

Right.. George is so smart that he was evicted 3 times and his parents paid his rent.. So he gets 2 large dogs and joins a gym.. runs around at night playing cop... instead of getting a second job.

Last edited:
Right.. George is so smart that he was evicted 3 times and his parents paid his rent.. So he gets 2 large dogs and joins a gym.. runs around at night playing cop... instead of getting a second job.
Still covering?

Last edited:

why do you bring this up?

Playing your style, then TM was so smart his mother kicked him out of the house. Why did that happen?

why do you bring this up?

Playing your style, then TM was so smart his mother kicked him out of the house. Why did that happen?

Trayvon's parents had joint custody.. Trayvon was with his father for the two week suspension.

Trayvon wasn't 28, mooching off his parents instead of getting a second job and paying his rent.

Trayvon's parents had joint custody.. Trayvon was with his father for the two week suspension.

Trayvon wasn't 28, mooching off his parents instead of getting a second job and paying his rent.
Truly a shame.
I doubt anyone buys your cover.

So you admit TM was kicked out of the house.
A unlikely twist you posted. Two week suspension. Now, is that a smart teenager?. TM must not be too smart to get a "two week suspension".
Being "kicked out" was TM words were they not?

So stop the character assination of GZ. Both made bad decisions that night.

as far as your "mooching". If your kid(s) ran into some financial troubles, would you leave them out in the cold? Especially with the collapsed economy the US has experience the last few years

back to the OP. Lets hope they can come up with a fair and impratial jury, regardless of racial makeup. Don't you agree Sharon?

Last edited:
The travesty and shock of the OJ Simpson verdict, coupled with the guilt and innnocence opinions split along racial lines, insured that race will be a factor in American jury trials forever.

If one is going to vote for a president based on his race, find a defendant innocent based on his race because you have a perception that that particular race has "Suffered enough" then race is going to be the primary criteria in jury selection, regardless of what the law dictates. Guilt or innocence be damned, victims be damned.

Contrary to popular thought, it has never been important that America "get over" race issues, to the politicians, the important thing is that Americans forever argue over race issues so the politicians can use race to their advantage to get votes.

Last edited:
So you admit TM was kicked out of the house.
A unlikely twist you posted. Two week suspension. Now, is that a smart teenager?. TM must not be too smart to get a "two week suspension".
Being "kicked out" was TM words were they not?

So stop the character assination of GZ. Both made bad decisions that night.

as far as your "mooching". If your kid(s) ran into some financial troubles, would you leave them out in the cold? Especially with the collapsed economy the US has experience the last few years

George acquired two large dogs and joined a gym instead of getting a second job.. He spent his evenings running around the neighborhood with a gun instead of working or study to finish his 9 year junior college experience.

George acquired two large dogs and joined a gym instead of getting a second job.. He spent his evenings running around the neighborhood with a gun instead of working or study to finish his 9 year junior college experience.

Sharon, why are you so non responsive. Why don't you answer the questions asked of you?

Can't you defend TM as the good child? Why can't you explain that TM's "suspsension", if he is such a good kid.

When you fail to answer questions, I will take that as you would leave your kids out in the cold. I also will take it you admit TM was not so good or smart because he did get kicked out of the house.

Sharon, why are you so non responsive. Why don't you answer the questions asked of you?

Can't you defend TM as the good child? Why can't you explain that TM's "suspsension", if he is such a good kid.

When you fail to answer questions, I will take that as you would leave your kids out in the cold. I also will take it you admit TM was not so good or smart because he did get kicked out of the house.

I didn't raise lazy excuse makers like George.

One of my sons is starting a very lucrative new business and has all the help and support anyone could hope for.. and he is a member of NW..

He also has a family ... he isn't running around the neighborhood at night with a gun.. or feeding two large dogs..

Another son has a new restaurant.. carefully conceived and executed.. They work until 4 Pm each day.. net a million a year and have a second child on the way.

One of my sons is starting a very lucrative new business and has all the help and support anyone could hope for.. and he is a member of NW..

He also has a family ... he isn't running around the neighborhood at night with a gun.. or feeding two large dogs..

Another son has a new restaurant.. carefully conceived and executed.. They work until 4 Pm each day.. net a million a year and have a second child on the way.

good to hear.

yet you did not answer the questions.

Give sharon a break you all... She is making a very compelling case (on this thread about the make up of the jury) that George Zimmerman is a cold blooded killer who's actions were clearly not self defense, but cold and calculated... Look at the hard facts and damning evidence she has posted here:

1. George is lazy - We all know that lazy people volunteer to help the community without being paid, and 97.92% of all murderes are lazy like that.

2. George is an "excuse maker" - Hard to beat that one folks... 99.56% of people who murder innocent children make excuses.

3. George carried a gun - Of the cold blooded murderers who killed with a gun, 100% carried one when the committed their act. Permit, smurmit...

4. Sharon's kid made a million bucks - That gives her the insight to know a murderer when she sees one, so everything she says is credible FACT.

5. George could have gotten a second job - Goes back to the "lazy" argument and we already know lazy people are killers.

6. George is stupid - I mean, come on... right?

7. George had 2 big dogs - It's a fact that 99.72% of all lazy, stupid, excuse making murderers have more than one big dog.

8. George joined a gym - It's a fact that 91.24% of all lazy, stupid, excuse making, 2 big dog owning murderers belong to a gym.

9. George has been evicted more than once - Proves he was lazy and stupid.

10. George didn't study enough - More proof he was lazy and stupid

11. George's parents had paid his rent - It's a fact that 96.33% of all lazy, stupid, excuse making, 2 big dog owning, gym member murderers, had parents that paid their rent before.

12. George ran around "playing cop" - That's explains why he called the police that night. 99.99% of all lazy, stupid, excuse making, 2 big dog owning, gym members with parents that paid their rent before, were wannabee cops who called for back-up before they shot the perp.​

Is this a slam dunk or what?

Good job sharon... You really made the case with all that "solid" and irrefutable evidence... That blows away all the witnesses, the audio recordings and all that forensic nonsense.

And hey, ignore all the people who think that you go off topic and inject that "solid" evidence of yours into every single thread because you're fighting a losing battle and are desperate to prop up your beliefs. They're just jealous that you've made such a rock solid case against that cold blooded killer.

<sarcasm off>

Race did call attention to this event.

The event itself has held that attention.

Most here???

Unnamed and unsourced "Most here" is not applicable. You are just spreading gossip that favors your point of view

Get serious

Most here???

Unnamed and unsourced "Most here" is not applicable. You are just spreading gossip that favors your point of view

Get serious

There are a couple on the "pro-M" side who still believe racISM was involved. But they are a minority and I'm sure you've seen me chide them about it.

I recall reading that there are quite a few small business owners in Seminole County. Usually if a business has to be shut down and affects a person's ability to pay bills, they would be excused for hardship so perhaps they were excused from the beginning? Just a thought.

Hornsby published this (what the jury will look like based on his experience)

Personal Experience

Of the nine trials I have conducted in Seminole County, four have been in front of Judge Nelson and two of those were for First Degree Murder.

Most of my jurors were either educators, engineers, medical professionals, emergency safety personnel, or stay-at-home mothers. The majority of my juries have been white, usually leaning female, middle aged, and parents. I recall having a large amount of small business owners on my venires; but have no memory of whether they were homeowners or not (as the issues were not important to my cases).

While the tangible statistics indicate that whatever venire shows up, it will be favorable to George Zimmerman, my own personal experience corroborates what the statistics tell me I should expect.

What Will George Zimmerman’s Jury Look Like? | blawg

I recall reading that there are quite a few small business owners in Seminole County. Usually if a business has to be shut down and affects a person's ability to pay bills, they would be excused for hardship so perhaps they were excused from the beginning? Just a thought.

Hornsby published this (what the jury will look like based on his experience)

Personal Experience

Of the nine trials I have conducted in Seminole County, four have been in front of Judge Nelson and two of those were for First Degree Murder.

Most of my jurors were either educators, engineers, medical professionals, emergency safety personnel, or stay-at-home mothers. The majority of my juries have been white, usually leaning female, middle aged, and parents. I recall having a large amount of small business owners on my venires; but have no memory of whether they were homeowners or not (as the issues were not important to my cases).

While the tangible statistics indicate that whatever venire shows up, it will be favorable to George Zimmerman, my own personal experience corroborates what the statistics tell me I should expect.

What Will George Zimmerman’s Jury Look Like? | blawg

What the hell?

That is an on topic response sharon... Are you slipping?

There are a couple on the "pro-M" side who still believe racISM was involved. But they are a minority and I'm sure you've seen me chide them about it.

A couple?

Do I have some video clips for you... lol

Back
Top Bottom