• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zimmerman Jury Race Demographics

George and his wife have been gaming the system their whole lives.. Money for nothing and all that.

No education .. run ins with the law.. unsavory friends, cheating credit card companies... Living off student loans and unemployment.. couldn't pay their rent. They are grifters.

Just pure venom...misery loves company

Truly sad

Just pure venom...misery loves company

Truly sad

So sorry that the truth offends you...

Everyone in the family quit their jobs .. and RZ junior .. with no education.. thinks he's going to be a talk show host.

This sounds like argument from assertion. Just yelling "wrong" isn't a response.
1.) You were wrong.
2.) It was accompanied with why you were wrong. "you obviously are just assuming what you want, without knowing."

Same here.
Yes we know.
Which is why you were wrong and obviously just assuming what you want, without knowing.

Of course it is. People accused of crimes have self-serving reasons to lie, which is why we shouldn't take them at their word on things and should look for corroboration.
Wrong again, as his account has already withstood scrutiny which rehabilitates its.
You are just choosing for no reason to ignore that.

Well no, that's why he was charged with Murder 2
Wrong. We all saw how this went down. It became a racial issue, and because of such, a political one. That is undeniable.
This case was on it's way to a GJ. Had it been allowed to continue on course, it is more than likely that there would have been no charge.

and why he didn't have an immunity hearing.
Your assuming. Unlike my "more than likely" assumption above, which is based on the evidence of what happened, your assumption isn't.

If his story was standing up he'd be free by now.
Another assumption not based on the evidence. Figures.

Let's take just the part of his story where he claims to have been looking for an address. There are several reasons to doubt this.

1. First off, he has a reason to lie. If he admits to continuing his pursuit, then it's harder to explain how that wasn't the provocation that started the altercation.
2. Glaringly, he never gave the dispatcher an address. If he was only looking for one, and spent a good 90 seconds on Retreat View Circle waiting before going back towards his truck, it's not credible that after finding the address he wouldn't have mentioned that.
3. There was an address right there on Twin Trees which you can see in the walk through. Why not give that one?
4. Even if he was looking for an address, why would he choose an address on RTC when his truck was on Twin Trees and he was planning on walking back towards his truck? Was he really expecting the police to meet there on RTC while he waiting in a place that they couldn't see and wouldn't know about?
5. Before he hung up the phone with NEN, he said "meet me by my truck", but then changed his mind and said "have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at". Why would he say this when he already told them where the truck was (so they didn't need an address) and was allegedly heading right there?

That makes no sense to me.
Sigh
No one could convince you.
Your bias wont allow it.
His account is plausible.

You missed my point. In Zimmerman's initial tellings, he completely left out the part about Martin running away. Later on he altered the story once it became apparent to him that there was a recording. But go ahead and see for yourself. In his written statement, does the "suspect" run? No. If not, why did he leave that out? Does that sound like a consistent story to you?
You missed the point, because he didn't.

No use pretending, but I see no evidence that Witness 8's story is suspect beyond a conspiracy theory that claims that she's some sort of imposter. I'm looking forward to her testimony though.
Of course you don'
t want to see it. That is your bias.
Her account was suspect from the get because of the circumstance surrounding it.
She then complicated it further with her lies.

I'm not sure how to respond to "duh" but here goes. You're apparently missing the point so I'll explain it to you. Zimmerman claims that he spotted Martin at Taaffe's house and that's where the recording begins. He also stated that he was parked at the clubhouse. Great, now we can time the NEN call and match it to how fast a person who, according to Zimmerman, was walking slowly, "looking about". By the time in the call he says "he's coming to check me out", there's no way that Martin could have gotten much past the clubhouse, which meshes with the call. There's NO way he could have gone from Taaffe's house all the way to the row houses, back out onto the street again, and then circled the car. This could not have happened near the T, and that will be easily demonstrated. There's a video of some internet guy doing the walk and matching it to the NEN call and it's clear as day that "he's coming to check me out" occurred near the clubhouse. Hence, "he circled my car" doesn't stand up to scrutiny and will be shown to be untrue at the trial.
iLOL
Your biased interpretation of the timeline obviously doesn't match up with the unbiased timeline because your bias will not allow it.

I'm just going by what Zimmerman said, and he clearly, on more than one occasion, said he went straight down immediately to the ground and in fact, fell backwards away from the body. He said he was facing south, was approached by Martin as Martin walked north, and that he fell away from the location of the body. He was unambiguous about this fact. Is there some reason I should ignore this? Do I need to pull up his written statement and initial interviews for you?
No you are not. You are playing stupid. Like you don't know people stumble while falling down after being knocked down.
Stop with the absurdity.

He describe how he fell.
Get over it. His account is and has been consistent with how he said it happened.

Furthermore, the two items we know to be in their hands: the large flashlight and the cell phone, both fell south of the body, not north, where you'd expect, and not at the T where Zimmerman says he was punched and knocked down immediately. Doesn't that seem odd to you? How does the first thing both people would drop in a scuffle end up, together, in a location that doesn't make sense? Is there some reason I should ignore this? Can you give me an explanation of how the flashlight and cell phone ended up there?
Where you expect them.
There in lies the problem.
Things fly out of your hands and come out of your pockets.
They are all in a pretty restricted area that had attacked Zimmerman in. Had these things been found farther down in area where they were not supposed to have been, you would then have a point. As they were not, you have none.

And as for ignoring it? Doesn't matter.
What matters is was the fear that Zimmerman experienced just before he pulled the trigger reasonable. Being that he was on the bottom yelling for help. Of cvourse it was.

George and his wife have been gaming the system their whole lives.. Money for nothing and all that.

No education .. run ins with the law.. unsavory friends, cheating credit card companies... Living off student loans and unemployment.. couldn't pay their rent. They are grifters.
Wrong as usual sharon!

Only racists would complain about the racial make-up of the jury.

I disagree. I believe you've admitted prior that blacks have shown a tendency to like when other blacks get off the hook, regardless of whether they were guilty. IMO, a jury loaded with uneducated blacks helped OJ get away with murder.

1.) You were wrong.
2.) It was accompanied with why you were wrong. "you obviously are just assuming what you want, without knowing."

Evasion noted.

No its not.

This case was originaly about Stand Your Ground law and gun-control in general. The first dozen threads on this case were found primeraly in the Gun Control forum before the mods made a special TM/GZ forum.

As the story evolved and it became clear that Stand Your Ground law was not an issue regardles of if GZ was innocent or guilty, libtards changed their focus to race so as to keep the story alive.

Which is why so many idiots think GZ is a white man whom white supremists would riot over.

It absolutely first gained national attention when the race card was played.... which has already been pointed out to you. Also, don't forget Obama added fuel to the [already burning] race fire after he made his statement on the case... less than a month after the occurrence and before charges filed. That was when I first became aware of the case. But then I don't watch or follow leftist controlled media. Just prior to that his buddy Holder had sent the feds down to investigate. Grand jury was scheduled to hear case on April 10th... but the Obamaites wouldn't wait or take a chance on the local justice system working the case thru regular channels.... and obviously influenced/pressured the State to pursue

March 13-15, 2012 -
The story goes national. The Atlantic, Crimesider, the Huffington Post, and the New York Times all run stories on the case. Cable news stations and morning news shows interview Crump and Martin's parents.- A group called the New Black Liberation militia announces its members will travel to Florida to attempt a citizen's arrest of Zimmerman. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network issued a statement in which Sharpton called for a “complete and thorough investigation” into Martin’s death. He added: “[W]e are told that racial language was used when the young man reported his suspicions to police,” a misleading claim later disproved by transcripts of the 911 call, in which race was first raised in a question by the dispatcher, not by Zimmerman himself.

March 20, 2012 - The Seminole County State Attorney's office announces they will convene a grand jury on April 10 to hear evidence in the case.

March 22, 2012
-Rallies calling for George Zimmerman's arrest start taking place across the country. Al Sharpton and NAACP President Ben Jealous join Martin's parents and hundreds of others at a rally in Sanford. In New York City, hundreds of people attend a "Million Hoodie March," wearing T-shirts and carrying signs bearing phrases including, "I am Trayvon Martin."

March 23, 2012
- President Barack Obama comments on the case, saying he thinks the shooting should be investigated and telling reporters: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

April 11, 2012 - Special prosecutor Angela Corey announces that Zimmerman is being charged with second-degree murder in the shooting and that he is in police custody.

Trayvon Martin shooting: A timeline of events - Crimesider - CBS News

The Trayvon Timeline: How Local Crime Story Became National Racial Outrage

It absolutely first gained national attention when the race card was played....

I already proved that back on post 44...

I did a little checking to back up what I said, and my effort proved successful... I was right about it being race that made it a story for the national, main stream news media. Sharpton and his gang didn't enter the scene until a few days later, which everyone knows was motivated by race.

Just go to the link below and you will see a story written on March 9, 2012 by ABC News, along with the video reports that aired on GMA.

Florida Family Seeks Justice After Unarmed Teen Shot by Neighborhood Watch Captain - ABC News

The end of the very first paragraph of the story says it all... It says "...after the unarmed African-American teenager was shot and killed by a white neighborhood watch captain in a gated Florida community". What is not mentioned one time, is anything about the SYG law.

Then there are the video reports... The second video report that comes up, oddly enough, is actually the first report ABC did on the incident. It starts off with a bang saying that Zimmerman called police to report a "suspicious black man" and that he "confronted the teenager". They never mentioned the SYG law, but did say that Zimmerman claimed "it was self defense, even though Martin didn't have a weapon". Then there's the grand finale', what I call the smoking gun (no pun intended). The reporter asks Martin's father "If your son had been white, do you think he would have been shot and killed that day?" to which he responded "No, I don't think so."

In closing, there is no doubt that race was the reason the national media picked up on and ran with this story...

I rest my case.

LOL... how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you don't even know the Florida law changed decades ago regarding jury makeup.

Pot calling kettle black... whats really disgusting are those like yourself who claim the evidence supports your preconceived views.
The disgust is on you. Tell me about it if your child ever met the same fate as Trayvon. I'd like to hear your excuses to blame your own child's death and stick up for the killer's inconsistencies and contradiction at every turn.

The disgust is on you. Tell me about it if your child ever met the same fate as Trayvon. I'd like to hear your excuses to blame your own child's death and stick up for the killer's inconsistencies and contradiction at every turn.

Instead of using facts, you appeal to emotion

How shameful and utterly unbecoming

I disagree. I believe you've admitted prior that blacks have shown a tendency to like when other blacks get off the hook, regardless of whether they were guilty. IMO, a jury loaded with uneducated blacks helped OJ get away with murder.

You believe that I said that blacks have shown a tendency to like when other blacks get off the hook? You're mistaken. As to OJ, he was a celebrity. Celebrity brings advantages. Whether the make-up of the jury caused him to "get off" is anyone's guess. Since I too believe he was guilty, I'd blame it on his celebrity and the fact that the whole trial was a circus performance.

Instead of using facts, you appeal to emotion

How shameful and utterly unbecoming
Facts and evidence had been presented ad nauseam everywhere here. That non-debate post called for such reply. Nothing to complain about.

LOL... how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you don't even know the Florida law changed decades ago regarding jury makeup.

Pot calling kettle black... whats really disgusting are those like yourself who claim the evidence supports your preconceived views.

trust me ... I'm taken much more seriously than you are comp ... but you go ahead and stay bunkered where you are ... it makes the rest of us feel much safer ....

Facts and evidence had been presented ad nauseam everywhere here. That non-debate post called for such reply. Nothing to complain about.

Point blank *of several*-

Do you have a witness who can state that Z had an opportunity to free himself and avoid using deadly force, the night of the shooting?

Not by you, or those on your side of the coin.

Just showing that you are being dishonest.

Dishonesty is a serious accusation, and throwing up "you're wrong" isn't serious evidence to support this. I am starting to suspect you're not interested in discussing the facts of the case and instead want to discuss posters personally. I don't think the facts support Zimmerman at all so I don't blame you for trying to derail the threads.

Dishonesty is a serious accusation, and throwing up "you're wrong" isn't serious evidence to support this. I am starting to suspect you're not interested in discussing the facts of the case and instead want to discuss posters personally. I don't think the facts support Zimmerman at all so I don't blame you for trying to derail the threads.
:lamo
As you were being dishonest in your accusation of evasion, the assertion is correct.
You were wrong and it was explained why you were wrong.
So stop being dishonest, you obviously were just assuming what you want, without knowing.

:lamo
As you were being dishonest in your accusation of evasion, the assertion is correct.
You were wrong and it was explained why you were wrong.
So stop being dishonest, you obviously were just assuming what you want, without knowing.

I'm sure this word salad makes sense to someone, just not to me. Have a great day.

I disagree. Martin assaulted Zimmerman - threw the first punch - and George shot him in self defense. Doesn't get much simpler then that. Detective Gilbreath said in Open Court that the state had no evidence to dispute George's account of the tragedy. 2 witness also state that George was on the bottom screaming. We have color pictures in the State's Discovery showing the injuries to George Zimmerman.
I am not interested in throwing barbs at each other, but what say you? Selma and Mary who heard a "little boy", buying into the picture of Martin at 12 years old have totally discredited themselves.

Last edited:
You believe that I said that blacks have shown a tendency to like when other blacks get off the hook? You're mistaken. As to OJ, he was a celebrity. Celebrity brings advantages. Whether the make-up of the jury caused him to "get off" is anyone's guess. Since I too believe he was guilty, I'd blame it on his celebrity and the fact that the whole trial was a circus performance.

My error, it was Turtle who agreed. In any case, clear difference in polls and reaction to the verdict implies racial distribution affects the likelihood of a guilty verdict.

I disagree. Martin assaulted Zimmerman - threw the first punch - and George shot him in self defense. Doesn't get much simpler then that. Detective Gilbreath said in Open Court that the state had no evidence to dispute George's account of the tragedy. 2 witness also state that George was on the bottom screaming. We have color pictures in the State's Discovery showing the injuries to George Zimmerman.
I am not interested in throwing barbs at each other, but what say you? Selma and Mary who heard a "little boy", buying into the picture of Martin at 12 years old have totally discredited themselves.

Listen to George's lies.

George Zimmerman EXPOSED!! Explosive Audio Proves He Hunted Trayvon Martin!! - YouTube

The photo in the red shirt was taken in August 2011.

Back
Top Bottom