• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zimmerman had every right to follow Martin

Mahasti

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Let's think about this, Zimmerman follows Martin because he wants to keep his community safe, and some sort of altercation occurs that ends up with Zimmerman getting his head cracked in the sidewalk. I don't care if Zimmerman walked up to Martin spouting racial slurs, you don't start hitting him. There's no evidence that Zimmerman ever punched Martin, or even laid hands on him.

I wish everyone was a "wanna-be" cop, this world would be much safer.

Let's think about this, Zimmerman follows Martin because he wants to keep his community safe., and some sort of altercation occurs that ends up with Zimmerman getting his head cracked in the sidewalk. I don't care if Zimmerman walked up to Martin spouting racial slurs, you don't start hitting him. There's no evidence that Zimmerman ever punched Martin, or even laid hands on him.

I can get onboard with that.

Let's think about this, Zimmerman follows Martin because he wants to keep his community safe, and some sort of altercation occurs that ends up with Zimmerman getting his head cracked in the sidewalk. I don't care if Zimmerman walked up to Martin spouting racial slurs, you don't start hitting him. There's no evidence that Zimmerman ever punched Martin, or even laid hands on him.

walking up shouting racial slurs, I don't agree with.

given the history of race relations, if some guy is shouting racial slurs at you alone at night, you have every reason to fear great bodily harm.

I think the opinion you're espousing is disgusting. Nobody should follow random people and create deadly situations. Trayvon Martin is dead, and he wouldn't be dead if Zimmerman didn't find him suspicious. All he was doing was walking, wearing a hoodie, and he was black.

I think the opinion you're espousing is disgusting. Nobody should follow random people and create deadly situations. Trayvon Martin is dead, and he wouldn't be dead if Zimmerman didn't find him suspicious. All he was doing was walking, wearing a hoodie, and he was black.
The lacerations on Zimmerman's head suggest Martin was doing more than being black and walking wearing a hoodie.

he wouldn't be dead if he wasn't a punk looking to fight people. he wouldn't be dead if his parents, I don't know. parented.

if my kid was suspended from school, my kid wouldn't be walking around looking for ingredients to make lean, and I wouldn't be blaming the world for my failures.

Yeah.

Walking, wearing a hoodie, being black, and, ya know, BEATING A MAN SENSELESS.

But obviously it was the whole black thing he objected to. Not having his skull beat into the concrete.

If only it was a less racist man having his skull beat into the concrete! Then poor Trayvon could have killed him and went back to his Skittles.

You guys see nothing wrong with it, because you have no problem with seeing a 17 year old Trayvon being shot and killed. You think he deserved to be followed and killed.

That attitude is a lot different than understanding why Zimmerman wasn't found guilty. Lack of evidence. But to say Zimmerman's actions should be replicated and commonplace in society is reprehensible.

I can... It's not that doing any of those things would be correct behavior, but they certainly don't justify anyone physically attacking him,

Your hatred for the kid is obvious. You think he deserved to die. The only tragedy you find in the situation is that the guy who profiled, chased him, and shot him had to stand in front of a jury.

he wouldn't be dead if he wasn't a punk looking to fight people. he wouldn't be dead if his parents, I don't know. parented.

if my kid was suspended from school, my kid wouldn't be walking around looking for ingredients to make lean, and I wouldn't be blaming the world for my failures.

You guys see nothing wrong with it, because you have no problem with seeing a 17 year old Trayvon being shot and killed. You think he deserved to be followed and killed.

That attitude is a lot different than understanding why Zimmerman wasn't found guilty. Lack of evidence. But to say Zimmerman's actions should be replicated and commonplace in society is reprehensible.

Ha, the fact that you infer that I believe anybody should of died is absolutely moronic. That sets the scene for a monster doesn't it? You seem to have trouble grasping the fact that other than the gunshot wound, there's no other wounds to Martin. Could Zimmerman have used some of his MMA training to -shrimp- away? Could he have done something different? Yes.
The medical experts also agreed that getting your head beat in the ground is disorienting and could be perceived as life threatening.

Your hatred for the kid is obvious. You think he deserved to die. The only tragedy you find in the situation is that the guy who profiled, chased him, and shot him had to stand in front of a jury.

my hatred is for all the morons in the world that don't see that this kid was on the path to problems.

ps, his death was just. killing him was just. justice was served by his death. I do believe that, as did the jury.

If he didn't racially profile him, he would have followed him to begin with. Racially profiling isn't murder, obviously, nor is a crime, but Zimmerman did it.

If Trayvon were white and it was sunny outside, I guess George would have minded his business.

Yeah.

Walking, wearing a hoodie, being black, and, ya know, BEATING A MAN SENSELESS.

But obviously it was the whole black thing he objected to. Not having his skull beat into the concrete.

If only it was a less racist man having his skull beat into the concrete! Then poor Trayvon could have killed him and went back to his Skittles.

If a client were to ask me if he should follow someone who he thinks might be a criminal not only would my advice be no, but hell no you dumbass.

If a client were to ask me if he should follow someone who he thinks might be a criminal not only would my advice be no, but hell no you dumbass.

your advice would be to call the police and the insurance company and let the paperwork take its course

certainly a right you have.

I have more respect for the Zimmermans of the world then the soccerboy's

your advice would be to call the police and the insurance company and let the paperwork take its course

How could you respect a stupid Walter Mitty like George?

I have a challenge for you.
Ask Zimmerman if it was worth it.
You "wanna be a cop". Go to the academy, pull on the uniform, pin on the badge, strap on the gun and be one. Dont get your $135 CCW permit and go play one.

Oh I am sorry. Where have you ever expressed the life lost is tragic? That it would be better if Zimmerman went to tge store, and Trayvon went home to his family? Because all I have seen is you glorifying Zimmerman's actions through and through.

Ha, the fact that you infer that I believe anybody should of died is absolutely moronic. That sets the scene for a monster doesn't it? You seem to have trouble grasping the fact that other than the gunshot wound, there's no other wounds to Martin. Could Zimmerman have used some of his MMA training to -shrimp- away? Could he have done something different? Yes.
The medical experts also agreed that getting your head beat in the ground is disorienting and could be perceived as life threatening.

He wouldn't be dead if he didn't double back when he was out of sight, and attack zimmerman. Get a clue.

I have a challenge for you.
Ask Zimmerman if it was worth it.
You "wanna be a cop". Go to the academy, pull on the uniform, pin on the badge, strap on the gun and be one. Dont get your $135 CCW permit and go play one.

ask any cop who protects people if it is worth it once the public vilified them for their service.

I have only the respect for Zimmerman I have for anyone wanting to better their community.
But if you are going to follow, confront, engage, or let yourself be engaged by people you dont know. Or dont know their intentions.
Be ready for a fight, be able to fight, be smart, use your best weapon. Your brain first. Your gun last.

Exactly as I said before. He deserved to die, and Zimmerman didn't deserve to even get arrested. What's more dangerous than a Zimmerman in every neighborhood, would be a world full of people with your belief system.

ps, his death was just. killing him was just. justice was served by his death. I do believe that, as did the jury.

It has nothing to do with respect, but intelligence. Zimmerman's actions were stupid.

Back
Top Bottom