• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zimmerman Defense Shows Jury Controversial 'Avatar'-Like Animation

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Zimmerman Defense Shows Jury Controversial 'Avatar'-Like Animation - Yahoo! Finance

The judge overseeing the case said the animation — which is similar to the computer-generated imaging in "Avatar" — couldn't be allowed as evidence.
But she ruled the defense could use it as a "demonstrative exhibit" during closing arguments in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial for shooting Martin, ABC News reported.
The state objected to the animation, arguing that jurors might confuse the animated version of Zimmerman's side of the story with "objective fact."
Mark O'Mara, lead attorney for the defense, admitted that "there are some assumptions in the animation" and that the night doesn't seem as dark and rainy as it really was.
"The animation of course is just that, it's somewhat made up," O'Mara said, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "But it does give an idea, a perspective, that at least is consistent with the evidence presented in the case."

I couldn't find the Zimmerman/Trayvon forum. I thought this was funny. Zimmerman should fire O'Mara.

Did you listen to O'Mara? Did you see the animation?

Thought not.

Your comments about something you neither heard nor saw is as amusing as your being unable to find the Zimmerman Forum.

What I find funny is that you are asking him if he saw the animation when none is presented in the link.

Moderator's Warning:
moved to Z/M

Did you listen to O'Mara? Did you see the animation?

Thought not.

Your comments about something you neither heard nor saw is as amusing as your being unable to find the Zimmerman Forum.

It was on TV. Yes, I saw it. And it was ridiculous.

The so-called animation was presented during the following closing argument.
As it is matched up with the witnesses accounts and calls, it should clear up who was on top during the screams.

Where are the bushes that Trayvon was supposedly have jumped out of? And I'll just add that if George has simply stayed in his truck, none of this would be happening and Trayvon would still be alive.

There's a new take.

Where are the bushes that Trayvon was supposedly have jumped out of? And I'll just add that if George has simply stayed in his truck, none of this would be happening and Trayvon would still be alive.
The bushes are in the darkened area from which came. But I am sure you already know that.

And I'll just add that if had not acted our violently, he would still be alive today.
As it would not matter that Zimmerman got out of his vehicle.

And if Trayvon had just gone home when he was supposedly frightened of Zimmerman, none of this would've happened.

The bushes are in the darkened area from which came. But I am sure you already know that.

And I'll just add that if had not acted our violently, he would still be alive today.

No I don;t know that because George changed his story, If you watched the trial you would have known that. If George had stayed in his truck and not followed Trayvon like he was told none of this would have happened and the police would have handled it.

And if Trayvon had just gone home when he was supposedly frightened of Zimmerman, none of this would've happened.

If he stayed in his truck and didn't follow Trayvon like he was told the outcome would have been different.

The "bushes" are a hedge between the slab and below the window sills.. probably 30 inches high.

The "bushes" are a hedge between the slab and below the window sills.. probably 30 inches high.
Doesn't matter sharon. That is the direction from which came.

If he stayed in his truck and didn't follow Trayvon like he was told the outcome would have been different.

And if Trayvon hadn't been a punk in school, he wouldn't even have been there.

We could do this all day long.

because George changed his story,
No he didn't.

If you watched the trial you would have known that.
If you had watched the trial you would know that is a false allegation from the prosecution, as the Police Officers testified differently.

If George had stayed in his truck and not followed Trayvon like he was told none of this would have happened and the police would have handled it.
Showing that you do not know the evidence.
He was never told not to get out of his vehicle.
Nor was he told any such thing by a person in authority.
Learn the damn evidence.

Please please please, make a vow today, you'll take your own advice, and "just wait til the police arrive".

Actually it was very effective and so was O'Mara the entire trial. Gah, I'm sick of people commenting here when they didn't watch a bit of the trial.

It was very effective if you already have your mind made up about what happened. Everyone else seems to find it ridiculous. That O'Mara tried to introduce it as evidence just shows how big a muppet he is.

It was very effective if you already have your mind made up about what happened. Everyone else seems to find it ridiculous. That O'Mara tried to introduce it as evidence just shows how big a muppet he is.

Except even those analysts that think Zimmerman is guilty were kind of in awe of the animation.

I must add that is Trayvon hadn't acted like a street thug being "dissed" at being followed by some cracker and attacked Zimmerman, none of this would have happened.

No I don;t know that because George changed his story, If you watched the trial you would have known that. If George had stayed in his truck and not followed Trayvon like he was told none of this would have happened and the police would have handled it.

Nobody told him to stay in his truck.

I counter that with...

"If Martin would have ran home instead of sticking behind, like he was told by Dee Dee... none of this would have happened"

Actually it was very effective and so was O'Mara the entire trial. Gah, I'm sick of people commenting here when they didn't watch a bit of the trial.

I'm sick of people assuming that others didn't watch a bit of the trial simply because they have a different opinion.

I'm sick of people assuming that others didn't watch a bit of the trial simply because they have a different opinion.

im sick of others claiming the watched the trial but getting all the facts screwed up still.

Back
Top Bottom