• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zimbabwe is Introducing Gold as Legal Currency Again!

Dude, they made their choice, for better or for worse. Move on. Zimbabwe is no more Massa Rhodes' property

Dude, it certainly was their choice.

Now many Africans are starving.

What has this to do with Rhodes? He died over a century ago. It's moronic to blame long dead men, just because they are white, for current day problems, as Obama advised.

Why?

As my link shows, it is the same sad story over the whole region.

The usual knee jerk reaction of the white leftie and corrupt/inefficient African leaders is to blame whites for ongoing problems in Africa. Obama disagreed :

"Barack Obama has told African leaders to stop “making excuses” for ongoing economic problems in their countries, and to look for solutions within rather than blaming the past."
You said they'd be better of not independent. The Rhodesian regime was the regime that declared independence from the UK.

Mugabe is especially to blame for this crisis.
Mugabe has been dead for years. There are many things you can blame on Mugabe. And certainly you can infer Zimbabwe never recovered from his policies, just like they never recovered from the policies of the Rhodesians, nor the policies of the British, but Mugabe is not the person making decisions in Zimbabwe today, the political blame for decisons made today has to be directed towards the current government. Mugabe died in 2019.

Mugabe has been dead for years.
Mugabe started the farmland confiscations from Whites and gave them to cronies and/or people who had zero clue at farming. Zimbabwe went from "Breadbasket of Africa" to an economic ****-up in no time.

Dude, it certainly was their choice.

As it should be.

Now many Africans are starving.

That is now an African problem. It is no more yours.

What has this to do with Rhodes? He died over a century ago. It's moronic to blame long dead men, just because they are white, for current day problems, as Obama advised.

You are fixated, going back months or years, on this notion that Africans are better off as white chattels. You simply wont let go. You have put a distance between you and that shit hole continent, no? Is Australia not far enough from that shit hole continent?

That is now an African problem. It is no more yours.

It has never been my problem.

I loved my time in Africa.

What a silly thing to say.

You are fixated, going back months or years, on this notion that Africans are better off as white chattels.

Er, I have never said anything remotely similar to that.

Has anyone on DP ever said that?

Why the childish strawman building?

Are you not concerned that so many people in Africa are struggling?

just like they never recovered from the policies of the Rhodesians, nor the policies of the British

The statistics show they were better off under white Rhodesian rule.....no matter what Woke whites like to think.

Has any African country decided to go back to living in mud huts and wearing animal skins?

You said they'd be better of not independent. The Rhodesian regime was the regime that declared independence from the UK.

Er, I didn't say that.

What I said was :

Yet another post colonial African country that has become a shit hole after independence.

Can't you tell the difference?

It has become a shit hole after independence, but if they consider themselves better off because they vote in rigged elections every 5 years, then that is their choice.

The statistics show they were better off under white Rhodesian rule.....no matter what Woke whites like to think.

Has any African country decided to go back to living in mud huts and wearing animal skins?
No African country has chose togo back to the majority of the population being second class (if even that) citizens.

No African country has chose togo back to the majority of the population being second class (if even that) citizens.

Nonsensical comment.

Why would they?

They have inherited schools, hospitals, universities, roads, railways, the rule of law etc from colonial governments,...and now understandably want the vote as well. it is human nature to acquire what you are able to acquire.

Any intelligent person is happy for blacks to rule themselves. It is the only right way to go. It is just such a pity that they have ruined much of what they took over from the colonials and so many of their leaders are corrupt and inefficient.

it's not a hard concept to understand.

It has never been my problem.

Then stop making it yours. Then kind of Africa you want doesnt exist anymore. For better or for worse the continent has opted for independence from white rule

I loved my time in Africa.
What a silly thing to say.

Maybe you miss the white rule. At least your hundreds of post leave the clear conclusion that it is your estimation that Africans were better off as chattels to whites. That is neither here nor there. For better, or for worse Africans have opted for independence. Maybe you should try to accept their choice

You are fixated, going back months or years, on this notion that Africans are better off as white chattels. You simply wont let go.

Er, I have never said anything remotely similar to that.
Has anyone on DP ever said that?
Why the childish strawman building?
Are you not concerned that so many people in Africa are struggling?

You are NOT concerned about Africa struggling. If you are not aware of it yours are an endless mournful litanies of a supposedly blissful africa under white rule. Dont try to mask it as some empathy for its present struggles. Your use of "sh*t hole" speaks volumes as to your feelings.

just like they never recovered from the policies of the Rhodesians, nor the policies of the British,

Africans are not mere stats on some white man's chart board. They are human beings. Respect that. They have taken their own destiny into their own hands; for better or for worse. The days of whiteman rule, whatever benefits you believe they provided, are gone.

What exactly is your problem? Is there a race or civilisation on planet earth that did not at some point live in huts and wore animal skins? You sound like something from Rudyard Kippling's pages, stuck in some Victorian England. Time has moved on.

Africans are not mere stats on some white man's chart board.

Duh! Did anyone say they were?

They have taken their own destiny into their own hands; for better or for worse

Mostly for worse....and the bleeding heart Woke mob, like yourself, are clutching your pearls in anguish because you haven't a clue who to shift the blame to.

You are NOT concerned about Africa struggling. If you are not aware of it yours are an endless mournful litanies of a supposedly blissful africa under white rule. Dont try to mask it as some empathy for its present struggles. Your use of "sh*t hole" speaks volumes as to your feelings.

Unlike you, I am not scared to call it like it is. You and other self righteous pearl clutchers can't bring yourself to criticise anyone but white people.

Your racism is as blatant and as clear as the nose on your face, but you will never admit it.

"In Africa, one in five people faced hunger in 2020. The number of hungry people continues to rise."

And yet lefties expect them to be "happy" now that whites have been chased away and blacks have "democracy".

They feel their work is done now.

Hypocrites.

Back
Top Bottom