• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zimbabwe is Introducing Gold as Legal Currency Again!

FurriesRock

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
"
Governor of the central bank, John Mangudya in a statement released Monday, said that “the gold coins will be available for sale to the public in both local currency and US dollars and other foreign currencies at a price based on the prevailing international price of gold and the cost production”.

The coins are expected to act as a 'store of value and to reduce the demand for US dollars' – something that has been blamed for the weakening value of the local currency."

https://www.africanews.com/2022/07/...to-introduce-gold-coin-amid-inflation-crisis/

I wonder how long we have until the Biden regime starts bombing Zimbabwe!

"
Governor of the central bank, John Mangudya in a statement released Monday, said that “the gold coins will be available for sale to the public in both local currency and US dollars and other foreign currencies at a price based on the prevailing international price of gold and the cost production”.

The coins are expected to act as a 'store of value and to reduce the demand for US dollars' – something that has been blamed for the weakening value of the local currency."

https://www.africanews.com/2022/07/...to-introduce-gold-coin-amid-inflation-crisis/

How much time of your life are you wasting worrying about Biden "bombing Zimbabwe"? 🤡

"

How many citizens of Zimbabwe have $1800. to buy one with? Which zimbabe retail places can make chance for it? Far more of these will be sold to foreign investors than citizens, it's really just an attempt to being more dollars into the country.

I mean, obviously we all know that this is the sort of thing you wonder about. That said, I wish you could take your Biden attacks up a few notches. This kind of thing is rather embarrassing for MAGA, and you’re not going to get any love from Donald or Tucker if you keep foisting low caliber Biden schlock like this. Biden bombing Zimbabwe? Really? That’s the best you can do?

I pity MAGA if the OP’s post is supposed to be an ambassador for their point of view.

I mean, obviously we all know that this is the sort of thing you wonder about. That said, I wish you could take your Biden attacks up a few notches. This kind of thing is rather embarrassing for MAGA, and you’re not going to get any love from Donald or Tucker if you keep foisting low caliber Biden schlock like this. Biden bombing Zimbabwe? Really? That’s the best you can do?

I pity MAGA if the OP’s post is supposed to be an ambassador for their point of view.
He's not a MAGA guy. He's "slightly liberal." :ROFLMAO:

"

If we didn’t bomb Zimbabwe when it was under the Mugabe dictatorship, we aren’t going to bomb it now.

You can stop panicking bud.

If we didn’t bomb Zimbabwe when it was under the Mugabe dictatorship, we aren’t going to bomb it now.

You can stop panicking bud.
I'm not panicking, I just remember that Obama bombed Libya when it started challenging the dollar, and that Bush didn't invade Iraq until they challenged the Petrodollar.

I'm not panicking, I just remember that Obama bombed Libya when it started challenging the dollar, and that Bush didn't invade Iraq until they challenged the Petrodollar.

Libya got bombed because Gaddafi— a serial rapist who’d sponsored just about every terror group under the sun— decided going after his own people was a good idea.

Iraq got invaded because the US was blundering around in a panic.

In neither case did any “malign conspiracy” exist.

With respect:

Is the US war of terror still happening in North Africa?

It will not do much, as the article points out Zimbabwe has been using the US Dollar as their other currency given that their own has no value. And the reason is simple, there is not much value in the economy or the nation of Zimbabwe to have faith in. Therefor they are resorting to Gold… again.

FoxNews will shit itself running nonstop failed comparisons to our current condition which will only benefit their advertisers.

"

Only because the paper currency in Zimbabwe is worthless. You need a wheelbarrow full of it just to buy a loaf of bread.

Yes, it is.

With respect:

Yeah, I don't know. Africa must have problems because it hasn't taken personal responsibility for being abused for what, millennia? Those "backward countries and people" should've gotten their acts together after slavery, colonialism, and the ongoing GWoT.

It's strange that humanity has done so much to destroy the region that humanity originated from. It sure seems like a lot of self-hatred must fuel the perpetrators.

Only because the paper currency in Zimbabwe is worthless. You need a wheelbarrow full of it just to buy a loaf of bread.

Isnt the wheelbarrow worth much more than the currency it is transporting? Maybe just use parts of the wheelbarrow to buy loaves of bread

Yet another post colonial African country that has become a shit hole after independence.

Everything was going great in Zimbabwe until Mugabe took over. Then it slowly went to shit.
It was shit already before, it had been shit a loooong time.

Isnt the wheelbarrow worth much more than the currency it is transporting? Maybe just use parts of the wheelbarrow to buy loaves of bread
Then how will you haul around hoard of gold coins? Gold is heavy, you know.

Yet another post colonial African country that has become a shit hole after independence.

Wont they be just so much better off as n*gg*s of Mass Rhodes?

Wont they be just so much better off as n*gg*s of Mass Rhodes?

They would certainly be better off economically.

"One half of the African continent lives below the poverty line. In sub-Saharan Africa, per capita GDP is now less than it was in 1974, having declined over 11 percent"

Blame the Rhodesian regime.

Why?

As my link shows, it is the same sad story over the whole region.

The usual knee jerk reaction of the white leftie and corrupt/inefficient African leaders is to blame whites for ongoing problems in Africa. Obama disagreed :

"Barack Obama has told African leaders to stop “making excuses” for ongoing economic problems in their countries, and to look for solutions within rather than blaming the past."

They would certainly be better off economically.

Dude, they made their choice, for better or for worse. Move on. Zimbabwe is no more Massa Rhodes' property

Back
Top Bottom