• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zero!

Grand Mal

Russian warship, go f*** yourself!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Canada has been in single digits for weeks now in Covid deaths over a 24 hour period. I've been following the numbers at this site...

Coronavirus Update (Live): 28,826,197 Cases and 922,449 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

...and today, finally, It's a zero. Well, a blank box which means no Covid deaths.

The infection numbers are still up, mostly because of people thinking relaxing the protocols means going back to normal so some jurisdictions have had to reinstate safety rules, like mandatory masks on buses and planes, but for the first time since I forget when not a single Canadian died of the virus.

Add to that the creeping economic recovery and this is a good day.

Edit- just checked on the 24 hour period we're in now and Canada already has 7 deaths, but it was nice to see that blank for yesterday.

Last edited:
Canada has been in single digits for weeks now in Covid deaths over a 24 hour period. I've been following the numbers at this site...

Coronavirus Update (Live): 28,826,197 Cases and 922,449 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

...and today, finally, It's a zero. Well, a blank box which means no Covid deaths.

The infection numbers are still up, mostly because of people thinking relaxing the protocols means going back to normal so some jurisdictions have had to reinstate safety rules, like mandatory masks on buses and planes, but for the first time since I forget when not a single Canadian died of the virus.

Add to that the creeping economic recovery and this is a good day.

Edit- just checked on the 24 hour period we're in now and Canada already has 7 deaths, but it was nice to see that blank for yesterday.

Refreshing news .. Thanks for sharing Grand Mal.

I approach this news with... Trepidation.

One of the most important aspects from what I understand is, we are able to treat it better than we used to as our understanding of the virus has grown.

The horror stories of Chinese and Italian hospitals was avoided by many factors.

But the schools reopening could be the catalyst for a major change in this progress I fear.

We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom