• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zero-Tolerance Dems

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
In the Trump era, Democratic Party has zero tolerance for past racist behavior from its politicians

It may be a risky play, politically, but the Dems need to differentiate themselves from the scumbags on the Right.

So, Al Franken gets booted out for playing fake groper on an airplane, and this asshole governor in Virginia has to resign for being in Black Face alongside an idiot dressed as Klan.

Simple stuff: Don't be like the Republicans.

I believe Al Franken was a thorn in the eyes of some fellow democrats, hence his speedy departure helped along by democrats. Any reason would have been good enough to get him out.

Northam made an unforgivable mistake amongst democrats: he gave a graphic description of how to kill a baby in connection with abortion.
Never, ever refer to a "mass" as a baby, and never, ever explain how to kill that "mass".

Dems are sick.

I think it is much worse than the OP article points out.

All things considered it started before Trump's time in office, where we see repeated calls for people to "be held accountable" for prior actions no matter how arguably mild they may have been with no real means to remedy things. Ralph Northam's picture goes beyond some mild event but at the same time we have no real evidence that he is either racist or insensitive to racial matters today.

We cannot discount that things have gotten worse in recent years with all the political rhetoric, and I would tend to look at what really happened across the nation over the past 10 or so years watching DC rip itself apart in a haze of division oriented politics capped off with how some seemed to react to having Obama as President.

But there have been other social understandings that have shifted in just the past decade. Everything from business elites to supposed Hollywood elites treating women horribly for long enough, who knows how many kids harmed by the church sex abuse scandals, numerous racial injustices, and all the other things going on that forced to the surface an ugly conversation on how people treat one another. Today and during their upbringing.

It is an awkward time but actions taken, or even inaction, from 20 or 30 or more years ago have devastating consequences in the court of public opinion, often fueled by those who have a greater interest in finding injustices than actually doing something about them.

The calls for people to step down, or "go away," does nothing for trying to advance away from the ideologies that made those events plausible in the first place.

Is Al Franken a terrible person? Probably not, but what he did do was monumentally stupid. At this point I tend to think Franken was a political pawn in the efforts to do something about Trump over anything really related to trying to improve how men treat women. Is Ralph Northam an insensitive racist? Probably not, but being in the picture was stupid and even if removed from office that removal will do nothing for why those racial sensitivities are there in the first place. (BTW, for the record I am already suspect of Ralph Northam apologizing, then saying it was not him, and now... I have no idea what the next story is.)

Without education and redemption there is zero opportunity for advancement, and the likely outcome is leaving a bracket of the population behind the times with the express purpose of having a bad guy to point to calling them as such. The real trick is going to be determining the sincerity of the next person that is caught having done something 30 or more years ago they would not do today anyway but end up in the headlines anyway. I am not blindly saying let people off the hook for their actions, but I am saying there has to be something reasonable here.

Are there other examples we can evaluate in a sea of those already told to never come back?

I believe Al Franken was a thorn in the eyes of some fellow democrats, hence his speedy departure helped along by democrats. Any reason would have been good enough to get him out.

Northam made an unforgivable mistake amongst democrats: he gave a graphic description of how to kill a baby in connection with abortion.
Never, ever refer to a "mass" as a baby, and never, ever explain how to kill that "mass".

Dems are sick.

IF the Democratic Party had any brains they'd call for his resignation based on his on camera remarks about killing "babies," and not some alleged, unproven transgression from a 1984 yearbook.

In the Trump era, Democratic Party has zero tolerance for past racist behavior from its politicians

It may be a risky play, politically, but the Dems need to differentiate themselves from the scumbags on the Right.

So, Al Franken gets booted out for playing fake groper on an airplane, and this asshole governor in Virginia has to resign for being in Black Face alongside an idiot dressed as Klan.

Excellent observation, thread, post.

Clearly the Dems hold the high moral ground.

Excellent observation, thread, post.

Clearly the Dems hold the high moral ground.

Are y'all going to kick Justin Fairfax out of office, too?

What about Spartacus?

IF the Democratic Party had any brains they'd call for his resignation based on his on camera remarks about killing "babies," and not some alleged, unproven transgression from a 1984 yearbook.

Dems are the party of killing babies (no brains needed there), hence their focus on black face instead of the accidentally spilled truth ...

Yes, good good, eat more of your own. Show everyone just how Woke you are! Then Virtue Signal about it, because you guys are the good guys! /s

Are y'all going to kick Justin Fairfax out of office, too?

What about Spartacus?

What about Kavanaugh? You didn't give a rats ass about him. Or about Judge Moore in Alabama.

I could give a crap about Gov Northam.... but really... he wasn’t talking about killing babies.

He was talking about making medical decisions, and that includes palliative care, to a nonviable or dying newborn.

It’s like people don’t want to recognize this for some reason.

Interferes with the smug sense of outrage I guess

I could give a crap about Gov Northam.... but really... he wasn’t talking about killing babies.

He was talking about making medical decisions, and that includes palliative care, to a nonviable or dying newborn.

No, you're right. He was talking about killing some "mass", however, he used the word baby. A big NO NO amongst liberals when the subject is abortion.

Dems are the party of killing babies (no brains needed there), hence their focus on black face instead of the accidentally spilled truth ...

Yep...The Democrats are doing damage control, and are saying look over there!

Should be thrown out for his advocacy of post partum abortions. The picture is a convenient distraction if you ask me.

At the time of the picture Robert KKK Byrd was Senate Majority Leader. Uncle Joe Biden served and voted for him during that same time frame. Probably voted to name public places after him. Now he wants to throw Northrop under the bus for a 1980s vintage yearbook photo.

AOC.....was she even born yet?

Democrats have jumped the shark.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What about Kavanaugh? You didn't give a rats ass about him. Or about Judge Moore in Alabama.

Irrelevant to the discussion. The topic is "zero tolerance dems". Are you going to apply that zero tolerance standars to Fairfax and Spartacus?

Because he admitted to sexually assaulting a woman. That's why.

Can you please tell me when a 15 year old trying to get to second base because "sexual assault", and follow that up with telling me about all of the 15 year old boys who are arrested every day for trying to get to second base with their 15 year old girlfriends. Because sexual assault is a crime. Because as I posted this, you and I both know that hundreds of 15 year old boys have tried to do just that.

It doesn't support their world views, that's why it's not recognized.

Can you please tell me when a 15 year old trying to get to second base because "sexual assault", and follow that up with telling me about all of the 15 year old boys who are arrested every day for trying to get to second base with their 15 year old girlfriends. Because sexual assault is a crime. Because as I posted this, you and I both know that hundreds of 15 year old boys have tried to do just that.

There's that double standard again...:lamo

I don't recall many of the Anti Kavanaugh crowd making this sort of astute observation during that debacle. The fact is, the attempts to derail politicians based on stuff that happened decades ago that did not involve felony convictions, is getting more and more stupid and toxic

Correct. Exploring the real reason for the need to maintain access to safe Tri-semester abortions makes their heads explode. So, they resort to stupid-talk, using terms like, "Killing babies!"

I don't recall many of the Anti Kavanaugh crowd making this sort of astute observation during that debacle. The fact is, the attempts to derail politicians based on stuff that happened decades ago that did not involve felony convictions, is getting more and more stupid and toxic

I'm not talking about Kavanaugh. I'm talking about "Spartacus".

There's that double standard again...:lamo

What double standard? i asked you a question. Please tell me when a 15 year old boy trying to get to second base with his 15 year old kissing partner became a crime? You need to answer that, and not deflect.

Back
Top Bottom