• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zelensky thinks Biden and the West show Cowardice

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ouch. Ukraine POTUS slamming Biden’s response.

Basically calls him a coward.

Not a good look
========

Zelensky accuses West of cowardice, warns Russia wants to split nation

“I’ve talked to the defenders of Mariupol today. I’m in constant contact with them. Their determination, heroism and firmness are astonishing,” Zelenskyy said in a video address, referring to the besieged southern city that has suffered some of the war’s greatest deprivations and horrors. “If only those who have been thinking for 31 days on how to hand over dozens of jets and tanks had 1% of their courage.”

Not a good look
========

“I’ve talked to the defenders of Mariupol today. I’m in constant contact with them. Their determination, heroism and firmness are astonishing,” Zelenskyy said in a video address, referring to the besieged southern city that has suffered some of the war’s greatest deprivations and horrors. “If only those who have been thinking for 31 days on how to hand over dozens of jets and tanks had 1% of their courage.”

Yeah, when this is all said and done, it's not going to bode well for the USA.....they can attempt to paint 'false narratives' all they want, till the cows come home, but the character of the USA will be greatly damaged by this poor administration.

Yeah, when this is all said and done, it's not going to bode well for the USA.....they can attempt to paint 'false narratives' all they want, till the cows come home, but the character of the USA will be greatly damaged by this poor administration.
Nonsense. Biden and the West are doing everything possible. Biden just went to Poland and said Putin must go. Billions in weapons and humanitarian aid have been funneled into Ukraine and more arrive on a daily basis. The courage and determination of the Ukrainian people is stunning and will go down in history as a lesson on how to fight totalitarian aggression. But there's no way they do this well without extensive support from the U.S. and Western Europe. Even far right governed Poland has stepped up to accept 2 million refugees.

Zelensky is watching his people die at the hands of of a far greater power. He's doing his job — whatever it takes to get his country more aid. Biden is doing his job as well; supporting Ukraine without getting us into a shooting war with Russia.

Specifically what more do you think Biden should do?

Of course, this being a VySky thread, Zelensky did not call Biden a coward.

Of course, this being a VySky thread, Zelensky did not call Biden a coward.
That’s how most people read it. A coward shows cowardice

That's a cowardly post. Support it or knock this nonsense off.

Those "defenders of Mariupol" are the Azov Battalion.

The battalion drew controversy over allegations of torture and war crimes, as well as neo-Nazi sympathies.[14][15] It has used controversial symbols,[16][17][18] including their logo, which resembles a Wolfsangel,[2] a pagan symbol[19] which was also used by the 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich.[20] However, Azov representatives state the logo is an abbreviation of the slogan "National Idea" (Ukrainian: Ідея Нації, romanized: Ideya Natsiyi) and deny links with neo-Nazism.[15] In March 2015, a battalion spokesman told USA Today that around 10–20% of the unit were Nazis.[21][22] A provision in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018, passed by the United States Congress, blocked military aid to Azov due to its white supremacist ideology; in 2015, a similar ban had been overturned by Congress.[2][3] Members of the battalion came from 22 countries and are of various backgrounds.[23][24] In 2017, the size of the regiment was estimated at more than 2,500 members,[25] but was estimated to be 900 members in 2022.[26]

If this stuff in Wiki isn't utter bullshit, the US is going to have a hard time justifying sending aid without looking like complete hypocrites. But then, US Congressional politicians have never let hypocrisy stop them.

Nonsense. Biden and the West are doing everything possible. Biden just went to Poland and said Putin must go. Billions in weapons and humanitarian aid have been funneled into Ukraine and more arrive on a daily basis. The courage and determination of the Ukrainian people is stunning and will go down in history as a lesson on how to fight totalitarian aggression. But there's no way they do this well without extensive support from the U.S. and Western Europe. Even far right governed Poland has stepped up to accept 2 million refugees.

Zelensky is watching his people die at the hands of of a far greater power. He's doing his job — whatever it takes to get his country more aid. Biden is doing his job as well; supporting Ukraine without getting us into a shooting war with Russia.

The US, the UK and, especially, Poland are doing a good job , with a few others. But 'the West' in general not so much. Germany and France are shamefully putting their commercial interests before any attempt to control Russia.

The bravery of the Poles almost equals that of the Ukrainians.

Family note. Our nephew is on his way to Poland today with five other Swedish paramedics driving five Swedish ambulances. I'm uncertain if the vehicles will stay in Poland as replacement or will be used in Ukraine.

Not a good look
========

You nor I would know the first thing Zelensky thinks about Biden. I doubt Zelensky even thinks WW3 has already begun regardless of what he says.

I would bet the house that Zelensky thinks Putin is a murdering bastard who has invaded Ukraine in a War of Conquest.

Neocons wanting the US to engage in WW3.
They just want to bash biden for being weak, so biden says putin has to go and all of a sudden those same folks are saying whoa, wait just one minute, you want to start world war three? He's damned no matter what he does. It's the gop way.

Only internet hero’s are stupid enough to believe escalating the war in Ukraine would be good for the US.

They just want to bash biden for being weak, so biden says putin has to go and all of a sudden those same folks are saying whoa, wait just one minute, you want to start world war three? He's damned no matter what he does. It's the gop way.
Why does this have to be a left/right issue? I neither like nor admire the Biden administration but on the Ukraine and the future of Putin the US President gets it right.

Only internet hero’s are stupid enough to believe escalating the war in Ukraine would be good for the US.
Saying that Putin is an unacceptable negotiating partner is not "escalating the war".

Saying that Putin is an unacceptable negotiating partner is not "escalating the war".

Sending tanks and aircraft certainly would..

They’ve always wanted us in some war or another :/
I think it also meshes with the neocon goal of unitary executive and stripping power from congress to pass onto the strongman executive.

Not a good look
========

Zelensky didn't mention Biden. Why did you lie again?

What is he talking about? According to the leftists on this site, Joe Biden is brilliant and winning this war single-handed.

Sending tanks and aircraft certainly would..
I'm not sure. Do the Russians have the resources, human and material. to escalate the war? Their threats attack NATO are certainly bluff, imo. Before invading Putin was certain that the West lacked resolve; he has been forced to reassess this, at least to some extent.

Another thing. The last month has shown that against modern weapons tanks are of dubious value.

Not a good look
========

The title is a lie.

Of course Zelensky is asking for more. Think, Vy, think

Yeah, when this is all said and done, it's not going to bode well for the USA
it will actually be the opposite.

you should prepare yourself.

Send nuclear weapons.

No, I don't think that, but that could be done. The West aren't doing everything possible. Not even close. Did the Leader of the West (LoW), Biden, talk about negotiations and nuclear disarmament at the pizza party? Did he go on an apology tour? Because he should. Did he take any photos with windmill-powered tanks? Were cluster bombs for democracy discussed? I didn't pay any attention to it, but I'm going to guess that it was mostly war talks.

What is he talking about? According to the leftists on this site, Joe Biden is brilliant and winning this war single-handed.
I am an anti-leftist who thinks that Biden is , in general, right about the Russian invasion and the US response. For once let's put red or blue spectacles to one side.

That kind of cookie cutter bullshit only impresses Trumpists. But I can understand why they have you doing spam duty.

Your criminal bastard licked Putin's ass publicly. It's gotta really burn your ass that Biden was far tougher on Russia.

Back
Top Bottom