• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Zef [W:222:432]

Brooks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The Supreme Court decision in 1972 made distinctions between viability and non-viable.
The phrase "late-term abortion" does the same thing.
Certain abortive procedures depend on how far along the pregnancy is.

In all of these cases the term ZEF would be inappropriate because they each have clear distinctions in what stage of development is being discussed.

It's also inappropriate when used in a discussion with a person of a moderate abortion opinion because many of them use viability as their line in the sand.

But mainly, it's just clunky.

re: Zef [W:222]

It's usage marks someoe as an obviously uneducated bigot. It's a slur used only by only the most zealous pro-abortion bloggers and forum dwellers, used to diminish and dehumanize abortion victims.

I'd like to begin with the ending: The OED, the ultimate authority of the English language, does not contain an entry. I would post the referring page if others had access to it, but this requires a subscription.

Dictionary.com and YourDictionary.com do not provide entries. These are the online dictionaries used by most ordinary people.

But the claim was made (and not for the first time) that "ZEF" is a medical term, and the Free Dictionary's Acronym Dictionary was cited. This is not a medical dictionary (although the Free Dictionary does have one, and "ZEF" is not an entry).

The main sources of TheFreeDictionary's Medical dictionary are The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary, Second Edition and Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Care Consumers, which provide authoritative descriptions of medical conditions, medications, anatomical terms, noted medical personalities and much more.

According to Wiki:

A medical dictionary is a lexicon for words used in medicine. The three major English language medical dictionaries are Stedman's, Taber's, and Dorland's Pocket Medical Dictionary. Medical dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None of these three medical dictionaries has an entry for "ZEF." Check for yourself:

Stedman's Medical Dictionary

Medical Definition Search For 'ZEF'
Medical term:

No results found
ZEF - Medical Dictionary Search

Taber’s Medical Dictionary:

No entry http://www.tabers.com/tabersonline/search?q=ZEF

Dorland’s Medical Dictionary

No Results Found!
Dorlands.com

It's usage marks someoe as an obviously uneducated bigot. It's a slur used only by only the most zealous pro-abortion bloggers and forum dwellers, used to diminish and dehumanize abortion victims.

the post lie above has been proven false by many poster and many links

you lose to facts again
thank you for posting and keeping your failed post streak alive

as always if you disagree please please please post facts to support your debunked lie id love to read them

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Zygote+Embryo+Fetus
http://www.abbreviations.com/ZEF

also ill let all the pro lifers who use the term know that YOU think they are uneducated bigots trying to dehumanize the HUMAN ZEF, whcih makes no sense,

Last edited:

the post lie above has been proven false by many poster and many links

you lose to facts again
thank you for posting and keeping your failed post streak alive

as always if you disagree please please please post facts to support your debunked lie id love to read them

Zygote Embryo Fetus - What does ZEF stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free Online Dictionary.
http://www.abbreviations.com/ZEF

also ill let all the pro lifers who use the term know that YOU think they are uneducated bigots trying to dehumanize the HUMAN ZEF, whcih makes no sense,

Agreed it is an acronym used to described 3 of the main development stages of an unborn.

I'd like to begin with the ending: The OED, the ultimate authority of the English language, does not contain an entry. I would post the referring page if others had access to it, but this requires a subscription.

ZEF is an acronym, not a word.

But you already knew that

Why, yes, I did. But I took the time (again) to look up the term again. You seem averse to checking facts for yourself, but why don't you pick a familiar medical acronym and see if any of the linked sources I've provided identify and define them?

For fun, here's a medical acronym site, and whaddaya know? It doesn't provide a definition for "ZEF" either. Medical Acronyms | Abbreviations

This is because "ZEF" isn't used by medical professionals, only by pro-choice people with a linguistic agenda. ;)

Really, at the end of the day, whatever you want to call it isn't going to alter my views. I prefer "unborn" but on a subject that is so emotive such as this, you're always going to get people on both sides of the debate that will go out of their way to use language that just adds to the heat.

If you want to throw around words like tapeworm and baby killers, (just to use two examples) i'm not going to waste my time and attempt to have a reasonable conversation with you. As far as i'm concerned, you're not the least bit genuniely interested in understanding/debating the other persons views.

Are you speaking to me, Serenity?

Are you speaking to me, Serenity?

No nota, it was a general comment which i why i didn't quote anyone specifically.

Thank you for the clarification.

Why, yes, I did. But I took the time (again) to look up the term again. You seem averse to checking facts for yourself, but why don't you pick a familiar medical acronym and see if any of the linked sources I've provided identify and define them?

For fun, here's a medical acronym site, and whaddaya know? It doesn't provide a definition for "ZEF" either. Medical Acronyms | Abbreviations

This is because "ZEF" isn't used by medical professionals, only by pro-choice people with a linguistic agenda. ;)

you can continue to post this lie it will never be true.
there is nothing your have posted, not one fact that negates ZEF from being used as a medical acronym because that fact remain thats what it is. Its an acronym made up of medical terms. I have links proving those facts. You have zero links negating those facts.

you also have ZERO fact to support the posted lie that its only used by pro-choice people with an agenda, even on this very board pro-life people use it

Facts
is it an acronym? yep
is it a acronym for three medial words? yep
is it a medical acronym? yep
is it used only by pro-choice people? nope

these are all facts you can do nothign about

once again the two lies you posted are destroyed by facts because you have nothing to factually prove otherwise
let me know when you have one single fact that supports its not a medical acrynym and or a bigoted term , and or only a prochoice term and or an agenda term and or only a term used to dehumanize

because so far its working out "not well" for you and you got nothin, zero, ziltch, nil, zip, nix, NOTA, i mean nada . . . . . bene

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I've ever heard the term ZEF outside of this site. If someone is taking offense to the word, it's definitely a good time to reevaluate your standards. As a currently used medical acronym, it's neutral to politics; it really shouldn't offend people.

1.)Really, at the end of the day, whatever you want to call it isn't going to alter my views. I prefer "unborn" but on a subject that is so emotive such as this, you're always going to get people on both sides of the debate that will go out of their way to use language that just adds to the heat.

2.)If you want to throw around words like tapeworm and baby killers, (just to use two examples) i'm not going to waste my time and attempt to have a reasonable conversation with you. As far as i'm concerned, you're not the least bit genuinely interested in understanding/debating the other persons views.

1.) i also agree 100% the name doesnt change the foundation of facts of the debate
we could call it baby, ZEF, zygote, fetus, embryo, unborn, preborn, child, human even john or jane the fact remains the abortion debate is about TWO lives, TWO

2.) not many are

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I've ever heard the term ZEF outside of this site. If someone is taking offense to the word, it's definitely a good time to reevaluate your standards. As a currently used medical acronym, it's neutral to politics; it really shouldn't offend people.

nobody is honestly offended, its an appeal to emotion, its dramatic hyperbole that nobody honest buys and yes you are right anybody offended by a medical acronym is reaching.

It isn't a "currently used medical acronym." You're correct in that you wouldn't see outside of places like this site.

The pro-aborts on this site aren't doctors and they don't write medical textbooks.

It isn't a "currently used medical acronym." You're correct in that you wouldn't see outside of places like this site.

The pro-aborts on this site aren't doctors and they don't write medical textbooks.

except on the links already provided that call it a medical acronym, i could do this forever i love when you argue against facts
facts defeat your post again
let me know when you have any facts to support your false claims

I provided the titles and links to all the major medical dictionaries and also to the OED. None references "ZEF."

I provided the titles and links to all the major medical dictionaries and also to the OED. None references "ZEF."

I just went through every entry Google lists when you search "zef."

The only thing remotely related to the topic at hand is the username of a poster on topix.

SO COMPELLING THIS TOTALLY REAL "MEDICAL ACRONYM" THAT DOCTORS TOTALLY USE, LMAO :fart

50360e001d41c8769e00003e.jpg

Last edited:

and yet the facts still remain its a medical acronym and links provided proof that fact, but please continue the desperation its funny and cracking me up

Facts
is it an acronym? yep

these are all facts you can do nothing about and its hilarious how angry its makes some people

Zygote Embryo Fetus - What does ZEF stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free Online Dictionary.
What does ZEF stand for?

ZEF may not be in the medical dictionaries that were mentioned because ZEF is not a word. As mentioned over and over, it is an acronym.

If you want accuracy and honesty, how is this: Those who are offended by the term ZEF are equally offended by the term 'zygote'. They are also offended by the terms 'embroy' and 'fetus' when these terms are used in relation to the development of life in the female body.

They do like the term 'baby' :)

Again, the next time you feel compelled to type "zef" somewhere in your post (in earnest), just remember you may as well just link to that dog picture and save yourself some keystrokes.

Again, the next time you feel compelled to type "zef" somewhere in your post (in earnest), just remember you may as well just link to that dog picture and save yourself some keystrokes.

fact still remain its a medical acronym and links provided proof that fact, but please continue the desperation, its funny and cracking me up

Facts
is it an acronym? yep

these are all facts you can do nothing about and its hilarious how angry its makes some people

What does ZEF stand for?

your post loses to facts again, as always if you disagree PLEASE PLEASE post ONE fact that says its not and its a bigoted term . . . one . . . thats all i need . . . .one . . . anything yet
I love it!

Perhaps in the spirit of 'trying not to upset those with opposing views', You will refrain from terms like 'aggressive homocide'

Back
Top Bottom