• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Ze' or 'They'? A Guide to Using Gender-Neutral Pronouns

Ah, fair point. By manufactured, I meant agenda driven.

I assume you have gotten used to the various terms blacks have decided to like to be called over the years and presumably would not use the"N" words in most cases. And as you can actually be censored for using terms for say lesbians that is quite acceptable and even referred to as more modern usage in Wikipedia, you will get used to the vagaries of lingual silliness.

Yea..no. I rage when I see 'they' used as a gender-neutral form of address - I'm so unready for ze.

So you want the government to determine what lawsuits people can file. How very freedom loving of you...:roll:

People do not usually broadcast their hypocrisy, not sure why you revel in it.

I'm not sure you get how government works. People suing each other is using the power of the state to get their way and forcing other people to change their behavior. When the government not only humors peoples efforts to control other peoples speech, but rules in their favor the government is violating the first amendment.

Oh and yes, when we are talking about what people can do with government force I have no problem limiting their freedom.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you get how government works. People suing each other is using the power of the state to get their way and forcing other people to change their behavior. When the government not only humors peoples efforts to control other peoples speech, but rules in their favor the government is violating the first amendment.

Oh and yes, when we are talking about what people can do with government force I have no problem limiting their freedom.

So, basically, you want to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want it, and no one can do anything about it? How well is this imaginary world of yours working out?

So, basically, you want to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want it, and no one can do anything about it? How well is this imaginary world of yours working out?

I'm not even sure how you got that from what I said. There is a difference between being opposed to being punished by the state for using he instead of she when addressing someone and opposing all order.

From a gender perspective the overwhelmingly vast majority of people - including those who go through the reassignment process - fall into one or the other of the two gender categories we already have. Gender in Western language is largely a grammatical construct anyway. It seems like a futile and pointless exercise to eradicate gender or expand on gender in language. Languages evolve you can't force change.

As I understand it, the only time to use 'ze' instead of 'they' is if you have a French accent.

I don't spit enough when I talk to speak French. Kinda sucks tho as I spent a month in the hospital with a condition with a French name that I could not, and still cannot pronounce right.

It's either "He" or "She"

No "if's", "and's", or "but's" about it.

Everybody start studying up.

'Ze' or 'They'? A Guide to Using Nonbinary, Gender-Neutral Pronouns - CityLab

As if the insulting "cis" thing wasn't bad enough, I'll cuss the living hell out of anyone who uses "zir" in my presence. Ok, I probably wouldn't but, I'm sorry, this is getting ridiculous. Now, I've been informed I really don't have much of a right to object the manufactured 'cis' thing, but seriously, nobody has the right to try to take over my speech.

Manufactured? A long time ago. In Julius Caesar's time there were two provinces of Rome called Transalpine Gaul and Cisalpine Gaul, meaning the far and the near side of the Alps.

I have no problem calling people whatever they want if they want he, she, or they but that is where it stops. I am not going to use some made up word. Thankfully this behavior is mostly confined to Tumblr.

All words are made up...

As if the insulting "cis" thing wasn't bad enough, I'll cuss the living hell out of anyone who uses "zir" in my presence. Ok, I probably wouldn't but, I'm sorry, this is getting ridiculous. Now, I've been informed I really don't have much of a right to object the manufactured 'cis' thing, but seriously, nobody has the right to try to take over my speech.

There is a pronoun that can replace all of this nonsense if someone wants to be differentiated so bad. 'It'

What's your "endgame" with this discussion? What are you trying to present?

I'm not sure if this'll answer your question but I came across this while searching for something else and, admittedly, the article I linked irritated me with it's "it's ok if you make a mistake just so long as you punch yourself in the face repeatedly" so I posted it all here to, basically, complain about it.

No one better call me "Cis!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

My gender is "male." I have no confusion about this.

I am willing to call people who aren't happy with their gender whatever they choose...but my "gender" is one of two our species demonstrates and I don't need any other special identifier to make someone who is Transgender feel more comfortable about their choice.

Our species demonstrates a gender spectrum for those brave enough to look. Of course seeing the truth makes the binary world of conservative religion and creation look as ignorant as it is. Far be it for they to accept any fact that doesn't stroke their Jesus bone. Please tell me you're not similarly afflicted. Please allow the facts of biology to briefly interrupt your masculine self congratulations long enough to admit that you are mistaken.

he's playing the victim as usual

Crap, you just blew up my irony meter and wouldn't you know it? The warranty expired. Is there no end to my suffering?

Our species demonstrates a gender spectrum for those brave enough to look. Of course seeing the truth makes the binary world of conservative religion and creation look as ignorant as it is. Far be it for they to accept any fact that doesn't stroke their Jesus bone. Please tell me you're not similarly afflicted. Please allow the facts of biology to briefly interrupt your masculine self congratulations long enough to admit that you are mistaken.

Ah forgive me. I did slip and use a "social science" term instead of simply saying "sex."

I accept the correction despite all the ad hominem sewage it was couched in. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Crap, you just blew up my irony meter and wouldn't you know it? The warranty expired. Is there no end to my suffering?

when you stop making whiny threads there just might be

you mean i predicted exactly what you admitted to in #43, at least pick a thread you didn't make for the sole purpose of whining to accuse me of anything

tell us again how being referred to as 'cisgender' by someone whose world revolves around gender irritates you so much it should distract from the entire transgender movement. Because their whole movement revolves around the correct gender pronoun. Yeah, you got it so bad, you've even inspired the usual 'sick pervert snowflakes' crowd to chime in

I'm not sure if this'll answer your question but I came across this while searching for something else and, admittedly, the article I linked irritated me with it's "it's ok if you make a mistake just so long as you punch yourself in the face repeatedly" so I posted it all here to, basically, complain about it.

So, you're not really trying to present anything. You're just complaining.

I get that this cis thing really sticks in your craw, but if you just don't give a damn it stops.

Back
Top Bottom