• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YouTube TV cut off all Disney channels

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
This is the absolute worst time for YouTube TV to drop ESPN. All three college football playoff games (there are three), one NFL wild card game,are on ESPN. Super Bowl LVI is in the middle of February.

What are the chances I get ESPN back by December 30 at the latest? Mom said she does not want to waste time changing TV providers only to learn days later ESPN is back on YouTube TV.

I'm a Youtube TV subscriber and this is fine with me as I would never watch anything owned by the Disney company. Youtube TV could drop NBC, CBS, ABC, BET, and a lot of other crap I would never watch. Get rid of all of that crap and lower the prices is fine with me.

Disney is one of the worst companies out there today.

I'm a Youtube TV subscriber and this is fine with me as I would never watch anything owned by the Disney company. Youtube TV could drop NBC, CBS, ABC, BET, and a lot of other crap I would never watch. Get rid of all of that crap and lower the prices is fine with me.

Disney is one of the worst companies out there today.

One of my relatives feels the same way and dropped all cable and streaming services. He now watches only over-the-air TV, and he says he doesn't regret it in the least.

This is the absolute worst time for YouTube TV to drop ESPN. All three college football playoff games (there are three), one NFL wild card game,are on ESPN. Super Bowl LVI is in the middle of February.

What are the chances I get ESPN back by December 30 at the latest? Mom said she does not want to waste time changing TV providers only to learn days later ESPN is back on YouTube TV.

Besides that, if it's not off-topic, how do you like YouTubeTV otherwise? They're on my list!

Since I moved to the 3rd world as an expat, Ive been using NFL streaming for the football. I cant really watch college games anymore, but oh well, thats life.

Besides that, if it's not off-topic, how do you like YouTubeTV otherwise? They're on my list!

I loved it. You could DVR unlimited shows and stream them in on any device. I'm going to have to cancel it now - I loved watching ESPN.

I was going to trash my Roku because they eliminated their access to YouTubeTV. They're about to limit access to YouTube but I can always stream that from my phone or PC and cast it to my TV it I want.

Last edited:

It is better during commercial breaks. Many commercials (they can't block all of them)( are replaced with YouTube Tips & Tricks, a zen video (a resting fox or dog with bird sounds for example), or a dark screen that reads "You are watching (network logo). Commercial break. We'll be right back." They also advertise YouTube Originals. And because I don't have cable TV anymore, I don't have to sit through annoying Cox commercials.

I also like my ability to hide channels I never watch. You can customize your channel listings at http://tv.youtube.com to find what you want faster on the Live screen. Recorded shows are saved up to nine months. It is all done through your Google account.

My friend just cut the cord and switched to FuboTV. It includes ESPN. They are really happy with the live football offerings, college and NFL.

I have Youtube TV. Got it after I dropped DirecTV. The former is cheaper and doesn't go out when storms move through. Plus, I don't have to pay extra for more than one box.

That said, another reason beyond the channels is they often have movies I can't watch elsewhere without renting. That is because it records movies shown on various channels (TNT, AMC, TBS, etc.) and has them available to watch for a long time after initial showing.

I was going to get Hulu Live because I already have Hulu, but it did not have some stations I wanted and Youtube TV does.

I was going to get Hulu Live because I already have Hulu, but it did not have some stations I wanted and Youtube TV does.

My mom got Hulu because it had a channel YouTube does not. The next day, YT added the channel, so she canceled Hulu.

I loved it. You could DVR unlimited shows and stream them in on any device. I'm going to have to cancel it now - I loved watching ESPN.

I was going to trash my Roku because they eliminated their access to YouTubeTV. They're about to limit access to YouTube but I can always stream that from my phone or PC and cast it to my TV it I want.

Thanks, Lurch.

As long as I can stream from my current devices, and don't need to purchase a new one, I just may give YTTV a try. Nothing to lose, right?

I have Youtube TV. Got it after I dropped DirecTV. The former is cheaper and doesn't go out when storms move through. Plus, I don't have to pay extra for more than one box.

That said, another reason beyond the channels is they often have movies I can't watch elsewhere without renting. That is because it records movies shown on various channels (TNT, AMC, TBS, etc.) and has them available to watch for a long time after initial showing.

Thanks for the response, Airyaman. Yeah, Hulu does seem more limited in channel selection. And YouTube, if I'm correct, has no size limit on stored content (beyond a time limit). I really like this last idea.

It is better during commercial breaks. Many commercials (they can't block all of them)( are replaced with YouTube Tips & Tricks, a zen video (a resting fox or dog with bird sounds for example), or a dark screen that reads "You are watching (network logo). Commercial break. We'll be right back." They also advertise YouTube Originals. And because I don't have cable TV anymore, I don't have to sit through annoying Cox commercials.

I also like my ability to hide channels I never watch. You can customize your channel listings at http://tv.youtube.com to find what you want faster on the Live screen. Recorded shows are saved up to nine months. It is all done through your Google account.

Thanks for the reply, Patriotic Voter.

Yeah, so far all I seem to get is positive responses in regards to YTTV. So, I'm putting them on my list of consideration.

In case anyone was not aware, YTTV is going to drop prices...since I never watch ESPN or Disney, I like $15 off!

In case anyone was not aware, YTTV is going to drop prices...since I never watch ESPN or Disney, I like $15 off!

So that's why they did it. I thought maybe someone in Disney's leadership said something opposite of Google's censorship network leadership's beliefs.

Thanks, Lurch.

As long as I can stream from my current devices, and don't need to purchase a new one, I just may give YTTV a try. Nothing to lose, right?

I do have a problem with the Amazon Firestick though, so if you try YTTV, look for a different type of remote control. I don't need any more hanging spinners on frozen screens in the middle of a big play.

You can change your plans immediately. ESPN is back!

If you read the OP,b it is obvious all YTTV customers would switch immediately if a deal could not be signed before Monday evening.

You can change your plans immediately. ESPN is back!
I know! That was weird! @Chomsky , all is well with YouTubeTV again is you'd like to try it. It's $65/mo, unlimited DVR storage (i think they give you 6 mo's to watch the stuff you record before they delete it) and stream from any device.

My friend just cut the cord and switched to FuboTV. It includes ESPN. They are really happy with the live football offerings, college and NFL.

Fubo doesn't carry PBS and BBC America. I do watch BBC news. Here's a pretty good comparison from CNET of many of the live streaming channels.

I was about to switch to HULU yesterday. My brother "uses" Y.T.TV service at his home as well. Now I don't have to worry about how to break it to him.

Yep, and then we all got an email, yesterday say, "never mind, we reached a deal". I think they're still going to give us a $15 credit this month anyway, as well. Cool!

I do have a problem with the Amazon Firestick though, so if you try YTTV, look for a different type of remote control. I don't need any more hanging spinners on frozen screens in the middle of a big play.
Google cast. Don't go with Roku, they and Google don't get along. Roku no longer offers the YouTubeTV app in their channel store. If you delete it, you can't get it back. Roku's YouTube app has a portal into YouTubeTV, but I sense Roku's going to do away with the YouTube ap as well. I don't know what' Roku's problem is with Google!

Back
Top Bottom