• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YouTube to block channels linked to Russia's RT and Sputnik across Europe

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

what putin´s propagandacondoms are gonna do ? great move YouTube !

Really? You think censorship is good? Don't you wish yo know what the opposite side says? Don't you wish to see their media?

Now granted, Youtube can do as they please. I disagree with it though. I see it as meaning they want to control information.

No, I know that your Moscow PROPAGANDA IS BAD ! What are you gonna do ?
It's almost all propaganda anyway, from all countries. It isn't their job to authorize which propaganda is OK and which isn't. Very slipper slope. They will end up eliminating almost all political type posts to be fair.

Really? You think censorship is good? Don't you wish yo know what the opposite side says? Don't you wish to see their media?

Now granted, Youtube can do as they please. I disagree with it though. I see it as meaning they want to control information.
I used to think it was universally bad, but with how susceptible humans appear to be to misinformation, I'm not as sure as I was.

And it's not like we can have forced education of people so they recognize it, that's even worse.

LOL... They aren't banning their content. They are banning commercialized sales of their media content. This might make information flow freer!

LOL... They aren't banning their content. They are banning commercialized sales of their media content. This might make information flow freer!
So it's basically more economic sanctions.

Its not Youtube's job to provide 'neutrality' or some broad spectrum of views. It was not actually designed to fulfill a journalistic role in our society. If we create a PBS version of same, or if a news division of a network were running a youtube- like site, I would wholeheartedly support an expectation of neutrality and a broad spectrum of views.

Its not Youtube's job to provide 'neutrality' or some broad spectrum of views. It was not actually designed to fulfill a journalistic role in our society. If we create a PBS version of same, or if a news division of a network were running a youtube- like site, I would wholeheartedly support an expectation of neutrality and a broad spectrum of views.
Yep. PBS.

With the appropriate propaganda levels approved by liberals.

one for sure, your Muscovy goes back in time

1646171394205.png

one for sure, your Muscovy goes back in time

View attachment 67377723
Is that common or not?

Controlling the media means we only see what they want us to see. If I were to only allow pictures dipicting the homeless people of Portland Oregon and normal, what would the people think who were my viewers?

Yep. PBS.

With the appropriate propaganda levels approved by liberals.
You tube never really signed up to provide its users what you want it to provide. There is no journalistic or social ethic expressed that underlines its existence. Maybe you in all your libertarian wisdom can create something that does.

Hey @Litwin , glad to see you are posting you crazy summamabish. Stay safe.

You tube never really signed up to provide its users what you want it to provide. There is no journalistic or social ethic expressed that underlines its existence. Maybe you in all your libertarian wisdom can create something that does.
Youtube generally doesn't decide what their users post. I was laughing at the fact the link posted said tyhey were limiting them from mmaking money, as in advertisments. that doesn't keep the free speech out.

I didn't see your posts sharing the success of Joe Biden. Usually it is just the information you want to share. Are you controlling the information I see? Or do you choose what you post and I am free to get information elsewhere?

Where do we draw the line on what has to be allowed to be broadcast? Why shouldn't Youtube or anyone else choose what information they want on their platforms same as anyone else?

We've been over this. They seek to control lies, period. Putin is putting out a whole bunch of lies being repeated by pro-Putin supporters. People, especially in regard to the current invasion of Ukraine, need to know the truth.

There are some poster here who are crapping their pants about this announcement. After all, where will they get their content?

I'm sure you will be able to see all the Russian propaganda you want on Rumble or Truth Social...

One can look at newspapers from WW II and find synopsis of what the German and Japanese media were reporting in their respective countries.
Indeed, it was the case that the German media reported the D-Day landings before the allied media.

I get it Youtube is a private company and doesn't have to carry Russian stories if it doesn't wish to.
But efforts to silence others is never good.

So far as I can tell from the first article and a few related ones I looked up:
https://www.investing.com/news/stoc...nloads-on-ukrainian-territory-says-rt-2773225
"Google on Saturday [2022.02.26] barred RT and other channels from receiving money for ads on their websites, apps and YouTube videos..."

And more recently (2022.03.01):

"Alphabet Inc's Google has banned downloads of Russian state-owned media outlet RT's mobile app on Ukrainian territory at the request of the government in Kyiv.

"In response to a legal request from the Ukrainian government, the RT News app is no longer available for download on Google Play in Ukraine," a Google spokesperson said on Sunday."

That second article includes the word "moaning" in the title and after a glance clearly is intended as an excuse to show sexy pictures of onlyfans models in a "serious" article.
A thinly veiled attempt to acquire clicks.
That I would bet money is working.

This is war, and censoring propaganda is what happens in times of conflict.

Back
Top Bottom