• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YouTube Reaction Videos

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I recently (last couple of months) started watching some reaction videos on YouTube because of a remarkable young singer I came across. But in this thread, I want to delve into videos when the reactor is genuinely shocked by what they see and hear.

Here's three that I liked a lot.

This first one is about that young singer I mentioned. Her name is Angelina Jordan. She's now 14 years old, but this is a reaction by a vocal coach/opera singer of a video from when Angelina was 9 years old.

This next video if from a woman who had only recently heard of Drum Corps International and her reaction to the 2008 Phantom Regiment show "Spartacus". Her reaction at the end of the show is a perfect mirror of the reaction from the audience at the show.

And this last one is two young men, who had never heard of Phil Collins, reacting to "In The Air Tonight". I LOVE their reaction and it is a joy to see young people being exposed to one of the great musicians of our time.

So...bring out some more "truly shocked" reaction videos that you've seen.

Hate to make it political from the get-go, but this is about as "truly shocked" as it gets...

I ran across this guys channel awhile back and it's pretty solid.

I recently (last couple of months) started watching some reaction videos on YouTube because of a remarkable young singer I came across. But in this thread, I want to delve into videos when the reactor is genuinely shocked by what they see and hear.

This first one is about that young singer I mentioned. Her name is Angelina Jordan. She's now 14 years old, but this is a reaction by a vocal coach/opera singer of a video from when Angelina was 9 years old.

[video=youtube;Hzr_mKSYz8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzr_mKSYz8k[video]

This next video if from a woman who had only recently heard of Drum Corps International and her reaction to the 2008 Phantom Regiment show "Spartacus". Her reaction at the end of the show is a perfect mirror of the reaction from the audience at the show.

[video=youtube;gzBQ_mm8uaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzBQ_mm8uaA[video]

And this last one is two young men, who had never heard of Phil Collins, reacting to "In The Air Tonight". I LOVE their reaction and it is a joy to see young people being exposed to one of the great musicians of our time.

[video=youtube;0l3-iufiywU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3-iufiywU[video]

Nice thread.
It enticed me to log in just to add some content.

Last edited:
Last edited:

[video=youtube;Hzr_mKSYz8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzr_mKSYz8k[video]

[video=youtube;gzBQ_mm8uaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzBQ_mm8uaA[video]

[video=youtube;0l3-iufiywU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3-iufiywU[video]

Living life vicariously. :mrgreen:

Reaction videos are enjoyable and even vicarious.

The "2 Girls 1 Cup" reaction videos from years past were like going on a roller coaster.
iLOL

And reading the comment section of the reaction video can be just as enjoyable.

Recently most of the reaction videos I have watched have been to music and I have repeatably watched different people reacting to the same music over a large span of time.

Some of those songs are the following.

Wrong Side of Heaven - Five Finger Death Punch
Thunderstruck - ACDC & Thunderstruck, Live At River Plate - ACDC
Thunderstruck - 2Cellos
Sound of silence - Disturbed
Black Betty - Ram Jam

Some reactions to Thunderstruck - Two Cellos.

I like watching this persons reactions.

Alex Hefner has many good reaction videos.

First time watching Def Leppard - 02:08 into the video - “Does the drummer only have ONE arm?!” :lamo

Last edited:
I have been watching reaction videos for about 2 years now.

I tend to watch different reactions to the same songs.

i love watching 'first time' reactions to specific performances/songs/videos.

Top of my list when I started was reactions to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, by those who had never heard the song before.

Keeping with Queen, my favorite reactions to live performances are Queen in Montreal, 1981, doing 'Somebody To Love'. There Live Aid performance has some great reactions to it too.

Other favorites are first time reactions to Pink Floyd, TIME and Wish You Were Here.

Aside from that, almost any song I like, I enjoy seeing reactions to. Bob Seger (Night Moves, turn The Page) Johnny Cash (Boy Named Sue, Hurt)
Harry Chapin(Taxi, Cats in The Cradle)

There are some reactors where i feel it is all an act. These ones usually have a still picture of them, with some shocked look on their face. If I see one phony reaction, I will not watch any more reactions done by that chanel
Other fun ones are Comedy by Bill Burr or George Carlin.

I like watching this persons reactions.

I saw that reaction to Bobby Hatfield’s Unchained Melody and loved it. Also some great reactions to Pavarotti’s Nessun Dorma.

I have never understood the appeal of the reaction videos. To me they are on par with the videos kids watch of other kids (or adults) playing with toys.

Good to see some African Americans like that music.

Wish more did liked metal.

Back
Top Bottom