• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Youtube/Google's search results are in no way rigged (LOL)

MrFliop

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a hard time believing that Youtube doesn't have a political agenda when I see this
Capture.jpg

If you put the president's name in search on Youtube what are the first 7 results you get? All from two channels: CNN and MSNBC. And (to no one's surprise) they're all negative stories.

Have you considered that it's primarily negative stories because the **** he does is primarily negative? Most of America outside your little Trump bubble absolutely can't stand the guy, for good reason.

Google's search algorithm is based on the number of times a news article or website is cited by another website. So if the CNN article is linked to by many other sites, it will appear high in the list. People don't trust Fox News, so they don't cite it much, and thus it doesn't end up high in the results list.

I have a hard time believing that Youtube doesn't have a political agenda when I see this

If you put the president's name in search on Youtube what are the first 7 results you get? All from two channels: CNN and MSNBC. And (to no one's surprise) they're all negative stories.

When something like 90% of the stories about Trump are negative the results you describe are predictable.

Last edited:
When something like 90% of the stories about Trump are negative the results you describe are predictable.

When 90% of the stuff trump does is negative, the results are expected. Sorry you can’t take reality. May I suggest that maybe instead of bitching about youtubes algorithm, you start your own conservative YouTube. After all you cons are saying anyone can start a business so get to it. Or is whining the only thing some cons can do nowadays?

Have you considered that it's primarily negative stories because the **** he does is primarily negative? Most of America outside your little Trump bubble absolutely can't stand the guy, for good reason.

Google's search algorithm is based on the number of times a news article or website is cited by another website. So if the CNN article is linked to by many other sites, it will appear high in the list. People don't trust Fox News, so they don't cite it much, and thus it doesn't end up high in the results list.

But..... whining and playing persecuted is all these people have left. They have no facts, no logic, no reasoning, no argument, no ability to counter the reality around them, so they just call it fake or that everything in the world is biased against them.

What else will these people have without their persecution complex deflection?

When 90% of the stuff trump does is negative, the results are expected. Sorry you can’t take reality. May I suggest that maybe instead of bitching about youtubes algorithm, you start your own conservative YouTube. After all you cons are saying anyone can start a business so get to it. Or is whining the only thing some cons can do nowadays?

Your feelings of anger, frustration and despair are a perfectly valid response to a situation such as the one described in your post. It would be inhuman of someone to hear such a story and not have a strong emotional response. Likewise, your feelings of frustration regarding the responses to your comments are also valid. It's a horrible thing to be forced into a life where you aren't understood and your personhood is generally dismissed, especially by people to whom you are clearly intellectually and emotionally superior. I just want to let you know that, through this difficult time, I fully support you and your responses to these unrequested stimuli.

Your feelings of anger, frustration and despair are a perfectly valid response to a situation such as the one described in your post. It would be inhuman of someone to hear such a story and not have a strong emotional response. Likewise, your feelings of frustration regarding the responses to your comments are also valid. It's a horrible thing to be forced into a life where you aren't understood and your personhood is generally dismissed, especially by people to whom you are clearly intellectually and emotionally superior. I just want to let you know that, through this difficult time, I fully support you and your responses to these unrequested stimuli.

:lamo:lamo sorry but you’re projecting your own anger at this point with you griping about YouTube. Tell us another idiotic claim from the conspiracy nutjob cons. :lamo

View attachment 67249255

Funny how you clearly scrolled down the page, but decided to crop the side of the page with the scroll bar.

Who wants to take three guesses as to why?

Of course, the OP could use that counseling.

Those companies are profit driven. The more people that like and use them, the more profit they make. Either the OP's demographic isn't profitable to cater to, or the OP is just venting the usual right-wing snowflake grievance nonsense Tucker Carlson plays to.

I scrolled down down a bit because Youtube often puts top news in the first 3 results whenever you search a word or phrase.

However, the top news stories are also negative about trump also

youtube.jpg

I scrolled down down a bit because Youtube often puts top news in the first 3 results whenever you search a word or phrase.

However, the top news stories are also negative about trump also

View attachment 67249258
So you started the thread with a statement that can be definitively stated as a lie and that lie was the crux of your argument for the thread, as anyone can see the first three results are not from CNN or MSNBC. Furthermore, if one keeps scrolling, Fox News is included the results as well.

If there was a way for you to retract your thread, I would recommend it.

Out of the first 50 results, only 8 are obviously not anti-trump. Yet they all come from FOX NEWS, which we all know is biased in favor of republicans. The rest: 18 CNN stories, 8 MSNBC stories, all the rest are from supposedly neutral news organizations(CBS, NBC, ABC) yet all videos appear to be anti-trump, and a few late shows which are all anti-trump of course.

View attachment 67249255

Hmmm...

I just did it per your instructions...typed "Donald J Trump" in YouTube's search bar and got the following results:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=donald+j+trump

results

Not one of the top 7 stories about him are negative or from a liberal news source. In fact, it took a while before I saw anything from CNN (or Fox for that matter). Not sure what search criteria you used, but it certainly wasn't "Donald J Trump" or if it was you did a helluva lot of cherry picking to get your results.

Last edited:
Out of the first 50 results, only 8 are obviously not anti-trump. Yet they all come from FOX NEWS, which we all know is biased in favor of republicans. The rest: 18 CNN stories, 8 MSNBC stories, all the rest are from supposedly neutral news organizations(CBS, NBC, ABC) yet all videos appear to be anti-trump, and a few late shows which are all anti-trump of course.

Ah...

Well, at least you admit (in a round-about way) that you cherry picked your results.

There's nothing to see here, folks...move along. :2wave:

When I search YouTube with any major politicians name, most the results are recent videos from major news organisation feeds (primarily UK sources for me since that's where I am). Many of the videos about Trump are negative because most the the news about Trump is negative. Regardless of whether you think that is legitimate or not, it doesn't look like YouTube picking out negative videos, it's just presenting what is being published.

View attachment 67249255

If I type in youtube grumpy cat, I only get one type of grumpy cat. I want more choices dammit!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom