• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Youtube Deletes David Icke's Channel

I think YouTube is censoring.

Nope, not at all. David Icke is well known for spreading lies and false information. This time he added dangerous to the list.

He's a repulsive scum bag and the internet is well rid of him.

It will be interesting to see how this dynamic tension between free-speech and absolute mayhem resulting from every clown being able to say whatever they want gets resolved by our society, in this age of the Internet.

It will be interesting to see how this dynamic tension between free-speech and absolute mayhem resulting from every clown being able to say whatever they want gets resolved by our society, in this age of the Internet.

Non-governmental actors can generally do as they see fit regarding limiting speech.

David Icke is looney tunes. Read any of his pre-911 books as proof. He is convinced that Queen Elizabeth is a shape-shifting alien.

I can still find bigfoot sighting videos on there...should youtube remove those crazies?

David Ike the man who goes against the system, thereby losing. But David Ike can beat everyone if he is more flexible and calls on all of his subscribers to unite in one instant messaging movement, thus disconnecting everyone from the Internet is dangerous, and it is not possible to control the Internet resource, there are so many loopholes that artificial intelligence begins to freeze.

Do you believe that the British royal family are seven feet tall lizards? If you do then Icke needs you to join up and swell his bank account.

Nope, not at all. David Icke is well known for spreading lies and false information. This time he added dangerous to the list.

He's a repulsive scum bag and the internet is well rid of him.

He's a disturbed individual...but that doesn't mean that YouTube isn't censoring.

Non-governmental actors can generally do as they see fit regarding limiting speech.

That does not protect society against the likes of Breitbart, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Robert Spencer, 8chan and 4chan, etc... in fact, their popularity lies exactly in that they give people what they want to hear, and are not restrained or accountable in any way. These are dangerous viruses that propagate freely in a free society. These too are “non-governmental actors”. Tolerating the ravages of these viruses on the American mind may just be something we have to tolerate and a price we have to pay for that freedom.

David Ike the man who goes against the system, thereby losing. But David Ike can beat everyone if he is more flexible and calls on all of his subscribers to unite in one instant messaging movement, thus disconnecting everyone from the Internet is dangerous, and it is not possible to control the Internet resource, there are so many loopholes that artificial intelligence begins to freeze.

David Ike, the self proclaimed 'Son of the Godhead' (WTF is THAT???) can get all his subscribers to IM, I'm sure all 4 have nothing better to do, Grandma leaves them alone as long as they play quietly in the basement...

David doesn't go against the system, he goes against sanity. He is yet another self centered dead beat who fathers children he doesn't care for or about. He and Newt Gringrich have at least one thing in common, dating their next wife while still married to their current wife. I guess depending on his current medication he thinks wearing tortoise creates positivity, reptiles from another dimension have taken over the earth, the earth would end in 1997, and the beat goes on...

Interesting thing about Russians of late- they seem to want some social media to fail but their propaganda assets to flourish.... :peace

Censorship and slander become the tools of the loser, when the debate has been lost. Here in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, many of the subjects of the kingdom defend censorship, demonstrating yet again how we have the government we deserve.

I agree with the last part, many want to wrap themselves up in 'freedom' while calling sane Americans- subjects of the kingdom. Fact is a private enterprise can set it's own rules- just like here. I'd opine if many Americans read Icke they'd say YouTube just took out the trash... :)

Which is their right in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave... :peace

Except we have many icky posters just like him here.

Well a few, but for all the rabid right whines about the moderation, many should be very happy the mods are a bit more lenient. I'd say only 3 or 4 sink to Icke's icky, the rest just howl because some other dog in the neighborhood is... :peace

I find it fascinating that Icke, who has an IQ apparently around 155, just up and quit his cozy job / lifestyle and went bananas or seemingly so to average people.

Youtube is taking a strong stance against anti-intellectualism here. Saying:

YouTube deletes conspiracy theorist David Icke's channel

Ah, you're behind the times - I posted two threads on Mr Insanity Icke

https://www.debatepolitics.com/euro...onavirus-interviews.html?highlight=david+icke

David Icke removed from Facebook now.

Censorship and slander become the tools of the loser, when the debate has been lost.

Here in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, many of the subjects of the kingdom defend censorship, demonstrating yet again how we have the government we deserve.

Um... Facebook and Google are both American (read "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave") companies and they were the ones that banned the "ijit."

I can still find bigfoot sighting videos on there...should youtube remove those crazies?

She didn't say anything about removing the videos..

That does not protect society against the likes of Breitbart, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Robert Spencer, 8chan and 4chan, etc... in fact, their popularity lies exactly in that they give people what they want to hear, and are not restrained or accountable in any way. These are dangerous viruses that propagate freely in a free society. These too are “non-governmental actors”. Tolerating the ravages of these viruses on the American mind may just be something we have to tolerate and a price we have to pay for that freedom.

Icke gives his followers what they want to hear.

Society doesn't need to be protected from such sites. Such sites need to be protected from people who disagree with them. That is why we have freedom of speech and the press. Platforms are generally free to do as the see fit. The government cannot, should not, and will not silence your opposition for you.

Society doesn't need to be protected from such sites. Such sites need to be protected from people who disagree with them. That is why we have freedom of speech and the press. Platforms are generally free to do as the see fit. The government cannot, should not, and will not silence your opposition for you.

I agree. I don’t think we are saying different things here. Like I said, these kind of sites are just the price we have to pay for freedom this country.

I agree with the last part, many want to wrap themselves up in 'freedom' while calling sane Americans- subjects of the kingdom. Fact is a private enterprise can set it's own rules- just like here. I'd opine if many Americans read Icke they'd say YouTube just took out the trash... :)

Which is their right in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave... :peace

True enough, but the 800 pound gorilla in the room is censorship, and what it means when it is practiced. THAT is what people don't like to talk about.

True enough, but the 800 pound gorilla in the room is censorship, and what it means when it is practiced. THAT is what people don't like to talk about.

No Sir, the 35 lb spider monkey is people thinking the TERMS OF SERVICE don't apply to them and 'free speech' has no (ZERO) limits... :roll:

The government doesn't own YouTube, Icke doesn't own YouTube. He has no (ZERO) expectation of unfettered access while he peddles his goods- books and audio tapes I believe. So like someone getting free space at a flea market to peddle their goods violating the rules of that market- you expect the flea market to continue to allow that vendor free access???? :confused:

I guess you can join the 'gun' rubbers and claim - SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!!!!!! or some such but most common sense folks would opine there are limits to both freedom of speech as well as conditions in a TERM OF SERVICE. I get some think 'big brother' is controlling our lives and use death by 1,000 cuts, boiling the frog by slowly increasing the water's temp, but I take a more sensible view.... :peace

Perhaps, but sites such as YouTube have every right to say- "Not in my house" :2wave:

There are many viruses that propagate in our society we fight- Nazi, supremist, gay bashing and the like. Like any other physical diseases we don't tolerate them- we fight them.. :roll:

We may never 'win' but that doesn't mean we do nothing. That argument doesn't work for 'gun' violence either... :peace

Back
Top Bottom