• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your weight: Are you happy with it?

Mell

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If not, do you want to lose some of gain some?

I am happy with mine most of the time. I weigh 60KG. Sometimes, I weight 61KG and I dont like when I do, because 60 looks about right on me and 61 means I have to watch what I eat for a while.

I'm happy with my weight. It hovers around 100 lbs (I'm short).
It can go up to 105.
I'm interested in toning up and getting stronger and healthier, and have recently started a pretty intensive exercise program.
I won't mind if I gain weight on this program, because I know muscle weighs more than fat.
I don't really want to lose any weight, though. It makes my face and neck look bad.

Not happy with mine at the moment, but I'm working on it. I was soooo fricken athletic for so long because it was my job to be, it's hard for me to actually *work out*. I didn't work out for many years after quitting the full time athletic job, it eventually caught up with me. That combined with a dying thyroid that helped me gain 20lbs in no time flat...well.. I'm where I am now. Not pleased with the way I look, currently.

But, it's getting better! I realized walking in to work today that I really need to go buy pants a size smaller than what I'm currently wearing since I'm getting tired of feeling like mine are falling off of me all the time. :lol:

I'm 5'3", but my healthy weight is about 135 - 140. Much lower than that I just look ill. According to most doctor charts, though, I should weigh like 115 at my height. I'd look anorexic if I did. It's just my body type. I have hips, and I have broad shoulders. Without some filler there, I just look bad.

But, at my healthy weight, I'm "overweight" according to the stupid BMI charts. Which is why I don't put much stock in them, or in the reports that xx% of the US is "overweight". Currently, according to my BMI, I'm obese. *shrug*

However, I'm not so much concerned about my weight as I am how I look and feel. I look in the mirror when I'm nude, and I don't like what I see. (though I like it better than I did a couple of months ago) I can't wear my pretty dresses anymore. And I refuse to go out and buy new ones in larger sizes. So, I want to be able to wear my pretty dresses again and look in the mirror and smile at what I see. Regardless of what the scales say.

I wouldn't mind dropping 30 pounds. Even graduate school will make you gain weight, and I'll still carrying my "MBA pooch".

I'm about fifty pounds overweight. I'm not terribly troubled by this, but I'd like to be able to fit back into my 38 waist pants.

Actually, I was just talking to hubby about this, and I'm sure I sound like a brat. I am happy with my weight. I am happy with how I look. But since adding weights into my program, I have now gone down 2 pants sizes. :crazy3: It's nice, but now there's another set of clothes I can't wear. That part is just frustrating. My husband told me to stop working out so much, but I can't. I do take rest days, but I'm not going back to being weak again. I'm ready to go up to the next weight in dumbells, and it just feels too darned good to cut back. So we'll just have to see where this ends up.

10, make sure you're eating extra calories. You're pretty light as it is, and I bet you don't have any fat on you.

...it just feels too darned good to cut back.

It will stop feeling so good, if you keep doing it to excess over time. I havent worked out gym style for years, so I forget the medical stuff, but overdoing it can lead to symptoms such as depression and some others.

I started doing yoga, after my daughter was born, and was surprised that it was actually more effective than gym workouts for getting me into, and keeping me in shape. And, it is way more flexible on my time, as I can do it in small bouts, throughout the day.

''Currently, according to my BMI, I'm obese. *shrug*''

According to those charts, I am underweight. But, the skinny look suits me. Especially, since if I put on weight, most of it goes on my hips and ass making them inproportionately big compared with the rest of me, while enough goes on the other parts of me to make my muscles look less defined and toned.

Heh. I don't pay any attention to BMI charts except to mock them. According to the chart in my doctor's office, the highest weight I can be without being "overweight" is thirty pounds less than my total lean body mass.

I'd have to have a 0% body fat percentage and cut off one of my legs to be healthy according to the chart. I think I'll pass.

It will stop feeling so good, if you keep doing it to excess over time. I havent worked out gym style for years, so I forget the medical stuff, but overdoing it can lead to symptoms such as depression and some others.

I started doing yoga, after my daughter was born, and was surprised that it was actually more effective than gym workouts for getting me into, and keeping me in shape. And, it is way more flexible on my time, as I can do it in small bouts, throughout the day.

I don't overdo, though. I work out 5 days a week, at home, not at a gym. I think I have a healthy schedule. :shrug: My husband loves the results :)doh), but he's not thrilled that I've had to replace clothes every few months.

Pilates and yoga are very good for you. :thumbs: I'm glad you're happy with your program.

''Currently, according to my BMI, I'm obese. *shrug*''

According to those charts, I am underweight. But, the skinny look suits me. Especially, since if I put on weight, most of it goes on my hips and ass making them inproportionately big compared with the rest of me, while enough goes on the other parts of me to make my muscles look less defined and toned.

BMI is bull.

Last edited:
Well, I'm happy with my weight loss progress. . . not with my current #'s - but I know those numbers are dropping so I don't feel bad about it every day like I use to.
After a lifestyle change, dieting and exercise I've knocked off 10 actual lbs - I lost more than that but some came back so I'm going by my 'real progress' number.

I have 30 more lbs to go (10% bodyfat) before I reach the top-end of the "acceptable" range for my height/age.

I am 176 cm tall and weigh about 63 kg. Pretty happy with that... I run marathons and will do my first triathlon this fall. I suppose I can't complain about doing that...

Back
Top Bottom