• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your vote for Best Picture

Your vote for Best Picture

• Black Panther

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • BlacKkKlansman

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • The Favourite

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • The Favourite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roma

• A Star Is Born

• Vice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Damn it......the second Favourite is supposed to be Bohemian Rhapsody....I got careless....sorry.

That is very bad work.

You Used To Be Better.

My liver is on a 30 VaCay....I am better when I am drinking.

However I just discovered radishes sprinkled with Ghost Pepper Salt, so all is not lost!

Nobody is perfect.

Here is the thing though....Once a guy admits his error (in this case I discovered it myself) and says sorry should he be getting people coming up to him and giving him **** about it?

Should decent people be liking that post?

I say No, and No.

Nobody is perfect.

Here is the thing though....Once a guy admits his error (in this case I discovered it myself) and says sorry should he be getting people coming up to him and giving him **** about it?

Should decent people be liking that post?

I say No, and No.

I thought you were against Victim Culture?

Damn it......the second Favourite is supposed to be Bohemian Rhapsody....I got careless....sorry.

Actually the second Favourite should be Greenbook. You didn't list that one.

Maybe since this is so screwed up, you can repost a corrected poll?

Actually the second Favourite should be Greenbook. You didn't list that one.

Maybe since this is so screwed up, you can repost a corrected poll?

Ya, I ****ed this up but good.

I swear, my brain runs better on ethanal.

I will let someone else try if they like, I am not in the mood anymore.

Will someone kindly drive us to the dump............

That does not in any way mean that I refrain from pointing out those who are not behaving themselves.

Creed of the Social Justice Warrior:
See something, then say something!

Creed of the Just Social Warrior: See something, then say something worth being heard.

Creed of the Just Social Warrior: See something, then say something worth being heard.

In the Land of the Free Men each man decides that for himself, and allows others to make their own calls, because that would be the only decent thing to do.....surely we can manage at least that much.

Green Book reminded me of It's My Turn which I just watched the other night, of which Ebert said:

"It's My Turn" is one of those movies where you can almost keep a mental list of the Important Topics as they're ticked off in the dialogue. The people in this movie don't seem to be having conversations; they seem to be marching through current feminist issues.
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/its-my-turn-1980

"Green Book" is one of those movies where you can almost keep a mental list of the Important Topics as they're ticked off in the dialogue. The people in this movie don't seem to be having conversations; they seem to be marching through current Racial issues

It will probably be very popular with these Hollywood Twits.

Last edited:
ALL the women in my world think A Star Is Born is one of the greatest movies ever. Really, ever. Ever, ever. Since I pick my battles, I go along with them on this one 110%.

ALL the women in my world think A Star Is Born is one of the greatest movies ever. Really, ever. Ever, ever. Since I pick my battles, I go along with them on this one 110%.

Punches all the right emotional buttons I hear, plus the music is good. Really isnt that all Oscar is anymore....which movies make us feel the most/best? It is not about quality anymore, it is about do they give us the feelings that we want to have, which all too often means that they pander to superficial and base desires.

Turns out that my gay daughter is boycotting Bohemian Rhapsody which is very rare for her....both the boycott and that she does not see one of the best picture nominees before the show.

I am not clear on the reason...something to do with choices made by those who made it.

She says she might give in.

Punches all the right emotional buttons I hear, plus the music is good. Really isnt that all Oscar is anymore....which movies make us feel the most/best? It is not about quality anymore, it is about do they give us the feelings that we want to have, which all too often means that they pander to superficial and base desires.

Mostly the Oscars are about diversity, and so are all the other "awards" shows. Got to check down the list and make sure every subgroup is represented. God forbid anybody get snubbed. Never mind that the quality suffers. It's not the priority. Just dig down deep and make sure all the bases are covered.

I don't enjoy being preached at in my movies, which means the Oscars and I will pick different favorites. I get enough politics from the news. I can do without it in my fiction.

Oscars and all the awards are just a preach-fest as hollywood types tell us how evil we are and woke they are and that we can do better.

Of course, I like fun in my movies in general. Some politics even sneak into my favorite, but it's minor and a great movie. My pick of the year is Infinity War

Mostly the Oscars are about diversity, and so are all the other "awards" shows. Got to check down the list and make sure every subgroup is represented. God forbid anybody get snubbed. Never mind that the quality suffers. It's not the priority. Just dig down deep and make sure all the bases are covered.

Up With Women too....that is why The Favourite is there some say,,,,,though I found that it had genuine quality.

I cant remember the last movie where I walked out of a theater thinking "Man that was awesome".

It might have been Avatar, and that was in part because of tech, the 3D was well done.

Sometimes I run across very good movies on streaming.

They tend to be not recent.

Last edited:
My pick for best picture hands down would be manbiki kazoku - The Shoplifters.

Deep, emotional and a master of the unspoken. But they keep a separate category for non-english language films. Shame, because it wipes the floor with the rest.

My pick for best picture hands down would be manbiki kazoku - The Shoplifters.

Deep, emotional and a master of the unspoken. But they keep a separate category for non-english language films. Shame, because it wipes the floor with the rest.

Sadly you have violated the rules.

i've only seen one of those films, so i can't really vote. i will say that Bohemian Rhapsody was quite good, though i've read that the plot is not entirely historically accurate.

In the Land of the Free Men each man decides that for himself, and allows others to make their own calls, because that would be the only decent thing to do.....surely we can manage at least that much.

Red:
If by "we" you mean you and I, no, we don't agree on that. I am of the mind that extant is a quality of one's ideas/remarks, "existential worth-being-heard-ness," and one can determine the extent to which any given remark/idea expressed in a given context/conversation is worth being heard.

Completely not worth being heard |______________________|_______________________| Entirely worth being heard

What determines whether a given idea/remark falls to the left or right of the above depicted range of "worth-being-heard-ness?" A host of existential factors, most of which are endogenous to the remark/idea itself, and some of which are exogenous to the remark/idea itself.

Last edited:
Red:
If by "we" you mean you and I, no, we don't agree on that. I am of the mind that extant is a quality of one's ideas/remarks, "existential worth-being-heard-ness," and one can determine the extent to which any given remark/idea expressed in a given context/conversation is worth being heard.

Completely not worth being heard |______________________|_______________________| Entirely worth being heard

What determines whether a given idea/remark falls to the left or right of the above depicted range of "worth-being-heard-ness?" A host of existential factors, most of which are endogenous to the remark/idea, and some of which are exogenous to the remark/idea itself.

Let's us attempt to maintain some respect for Hollywood, debased as it is.

Back
Top Bottom