• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your vote for Best Picture

Your vote for Best Picture

• Black Panther

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • BlacKkKlansman

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • The Favourite

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • The Favourite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roma

• A Star Is Born

• Vice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The only one of those movies I've actually seen is Black Panther, so I guess that gets my vote.

Well it appears that the favorite is the favorite at least according to this poll
The only one ive seen is black Panther and though I did enjoy it, it wasn't even the best superhero movie of the year, so I cant really give an informed opinion on the matter

Punches all the right emotional buttons I hear, plus the music is good. Really isnt that all Oscar is anymore....which movies make us feel the most/best? It is not about quality anymore, it is about do they give us the feelings that we want to have, which all too often means that they pander to superficial and base desires.

I was enjoying reading the comments until you just had to drag the president into the conversation. I'm seriously disappointed.

I was enjoying reading the comments until you just had to drag the president into the conversation. I'm seriously disappointed.

In the last hour (or whatever) you just told another member that I am useless because I am a hack contrarian....and now you give me this?

Could you maybe make up your mind?

In the last hour (or whatever) you just told another member that I am useless because I am a hack contrarian....and now you give me this?

Could you maybe make up your mind?

What? I said the comments, I didn't say hawkeye's comments. I would venture to say my earlier comment about your posts being contrary, is not just my imagination.

What? I said the comments, I didn't say hawkeye's comments. I would venture to say my earlier comment about your posts being contrary, is not just my imagination.

The old "Throw sand in their eyes" move.....

You are getting sand in my thread man!

I think this is in the wrong forum.

Up With Women too....that is why The Favourite is there some say,,,,,though I found that it had genuine quality.

I cant remember the last movie where I walked out of a theater thinking "Man that was awesome".

It might have been Avatar, and that was in part because of tech, the 3D was well done.

Sometimes I run across very good movies on streaming.

They tend to be not recent.

The arts are in crisis; a crisis of creativity. The music is generally terrible; formula and repetitive. Movies are stale, nothing much original. Use lots of car chases and gun violence to keep the audience in their seats. I remember some years back a little movie called Clerks came on the scene. It's now a cult classic. I loved it. I would have given it an Oscar. Not many creative, original movies being made these days. Or original music. I think in both music and movies they have a "formula" that works and they stick close to it. Sad really.

The arts are in crisis; a crisis of creativity. The music is generally terrible; formula and repetitive. Movies are stale, nothing much original. Use lots of car chases and gun violence to keep the audience in their seats. I remember some years back a little movie called Clerks came on the scene. It's now a cult classic. I loved it. I would have given it an Oscar. Not many creative, original movies being made these days. Or original music. I think in both music and movies they have a "formula" that works and they stick close to it. Sad really.

Paglia says that there has not been a novel written worth reading in decades.

She might be taking this "WE USED TO BE BETTER" idea too far.

"The West is dying" idea I think she is right about.

Her and Peterson.

Out of all of those I only saw Black Panther and Black Klansman, so take my vote with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom