• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

your visceral reaction to Trump's speech

• it was good

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • it was OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it was bad

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • he showed he doesn't care about Americans

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • he showed he isn't doing anything in office

• he showed he cares about all humans regardless of age, etc

• very good pro life message!

• great guests who have benefitted from Trump Admin

• combination of above

• other

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

narrowroad

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

SOTU was the most beautiful, inspiring thing I have seen on TV... i was going to say: in years

but i think I will say

EVER

SOTU was the most beautiful, inspiring thing I have seen on TV... i was going to say: in years

but i think I will say

EVER

Factually dishonest is not on your list.

A Tale of Two Americas

divisiveness, thy name is DC Democrat

Trump was in top form, however I dont want the SOTU to become an awards show....that part I did not like, though Limbaugh deserved the honor.

but i think I will say

EVER

My reaction was:

"God he is so full of ****. The democrats are going to blow a gasket which makes it even funnier because republicans will believe it and democrats are probably already wasting their time building lists to refute all his lies."

He lied.

Almost every single thing he said was a lie.

i turned it off after a few minutes. it was a few minutes longer than i though that i'd be able to tolerate, though. i think that he was bitching about the black guy when i hit stop.

Other.

Didn't see it, don't give a Crap. SOTU is just self back slapping, 100% pure BS.

It was a power-speech of a forceful leader. Very strong. Very presidential. No nonsense. If this was how President Trump always spoke he'd win by a massive landslide and capture both houses of Congress handily.

Yes, when it comes to Trump, I choose peace of mind for myself every time over his bs.

Choosing to protect peace of mind over learning about the true nature of the universe has become an epidemic failure of the West.

THIS IS GOING TO HURT!

Trump's speech last night was a masterpiece.A work of art.Made me proud to be a Conservative American.

Factually dishonest is not on your list.

How do you think he came up with and got away with having a fake 5 year old girl and a fake Tuskegee Airman? Pelosi did say all that was a lie.

He loves the show. He will tell you anything and everything you want to hear/ It sounded just like every other presidential speech I have ever listened too.
Did you notice how one side claps and the other side cries? It has always been that pathetic. The two party system sucks.

Trump was in top form, however I dont want the SOTU to become an awards show....that part I did not like, though Limbaugh deserved the honor.
I agree, i could do without all the pandering that presidents do during these things.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

but i think I will say

EVER
Watched it again. Was even better the second time. Pelosi's antics at the end even more repulsive given Trump's close.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What I heard sounded good.

i turned it off after a few minutes. it was a few minutes longer than i though that i'd be able to tolerate, though. i think that he was bitching about the black guy when i hit stop.

Obama would do the same exact thing. BUSH,BUSH,BUSH,BUSH. It does get tiring.

I agree, i could do without all the pandering that presidents do during these things.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think it was after Clintons third one when I gave up watching them.....all of those laundry lists of things that he claimed that he was going to do in the next year, almost none of them ever happening, almost none of them did he ever put his back into......it was all branding.

Now I follow live blogs and sometimes read the transcripts.

The truth is almost every SOTU I have listened to sounds mostly good.

Putting your partisan shield aside most of what they spew is something I think we would all like to see in our country.

I have no doubt a lot of the boasts are spin material. But who doesn't want peace and our military not in every little flare up over the world.

The tradition of having these "hero citizens" is kind of good but also feel like they are being used. The 12 year old boy and his mother who stood while Trump read about their husband-father death in the Middle East was gut wrenching. The poor wife is falling apart and the kid was trying his best to be his strongest and make certain his mom was ok. Bless that kid.

I thought this was the wrong stage to bring the soldier home as a surprise to his wife and two kids. It was at the bottom of the stairs and just awkward for them to embrace. I almost think these "surprise visits" by military members is almost cruel to these poor people. I think this should be a private moment for them.

Back
Top Bottom