• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your trans-exclusive dating and sexual practices are transphobic.

If you are non-binary, and you are only attracted to one (men or women), then what are you? Since you can be neither homosexual nor heterosexual, since what you are attracted to is neither the same nor the opposite of you, and not bisexual or pan sexual since you are not attracted to both or all. I have my own answer, but I am curious to yours.
If you are not binary but not bisexual............. I've never really considered that.
Androsexual for men and gynosexual for women.

ED06B297-27C5-4D41-A921-2FC134068AE1.png

Omg TERFs are stuck in the 15 year old mean girl frame of mind stealing Lana Morris’ likeness to make a “parody account” ****ing gender criticals are insane.

According to this source, it can be either or. 07-2006

I am only using this to illustrate that psychological gender identity is not just an emotion but is based on biology, so it's not a choice, and it cannot be changed by therapy or even medication. It is also wholly independent of our sexual orientation which also has a biological basis. There is no link between gender identity and sexual orientation. So a guy can be very gay (sharing a sexual orientation with females, because both are attracted to men) but also be very masculine (having a very strong male gender identity).

Not a single thing in what you quoted from that article supported either the amygdala or the hypothalamus as the centers of either sexual orientation nor gender identity. I don't know if it is somewhere else in the article, but it's not there in your quote. Nor does any of that entire post do anything to address the fact that you made contradicting statements and I posted/quoted side by side (well....one over the other). You have not addressed your contradiction. Two of us have mentioned it so far.

90CF42AE-F01A-41CC-A125-2EE3EFD144D2.jpeg

This is the quote from stonewall that the op is misrepresenting very dishonestly and the one that TERFs are going batshit over. In no uncertain terms is this saying lesbians must date trans women!

Holy mfing shit talk about lost in translation! ****ing JK gets this wrong as well. This is the whole thing that the LGBA scare mongers over:

7E344407-B81B-4B70-A4EB-E0C5CB382598.png im pretty sure deep down with gender criticals is hidden man hatred.

Not a single thing in what you quoted from that article supported either the amygdala or the hypothalamus as the centers of either sexual orientation nor gender identity. I don't know if it is somewhere else in the article, but it's not there in your quote. Nor does any of that entire post do anything to address the fact that you made contradicting statements and I posted/quoted side by side (well....one over the other). You have not addressed your contradiction. Two of us have mentioned it so far.

Not much difference, if any, between human male and female brains.

This massive data collection and corralation of a multitude of studies brought together differs slightly from findings saw earlier of thermal brain studies.

Not much difference, if any, between human male and female brains.

This massive data collection and corralation of a multitude of studies brought together differs slightly from findings saw earlier of thermal brain studies.
First, even a fraction of a degree difference at the source can have a vast difference in the arrival location. So small differences can have a significant impact. Not saying that it necessarily does in this case, but neither can that possibility be ignored.

But as far as what the post is about, it does nothing to address that @Lisa made contradictory claims, and has not addresses that despite being called out by two people on it.

So it's transphobic now because someone prefers a certain type of person to date? Talk about RIDICULOUS.
I think its a misunderstanding of a quote from the head of Stonewall.
835230E0-DDA8-41F9-A4DA-4AB14221D948.jpeg

The op displays a rather dangerous lack of understanding and using it as a cudgel. Its very unfortunate.

First, even a fraction of a degree difference at the source can have a vast difference in the arrival location. So small differences can have a significant impact. Not saying that it necessarily does in this case, but neither can that possibility be ignored.

But as far as what the post is about, it does nothing to address that @Lisa made contradictory claims, and has not addresses that despite being called out by two people on it.
I have explained it but apparently it hasn't been sufficient for you. That isn't my problem. I have explained myself in my previous reply to your same claim. Fdeel free to contact Dr Murat Altinay at the Cleveland Clinic.

I have sourced all of my quotes as required for you to further read or carry out research of your own.
When we looked at the literature, there were some structural and functional differences between the transgender brain and the cisgender brain. I categorize these changes as structural and functional because they’re a little bit different when it comes to which areas are affected.

Postmortem studies, which focused on male-to-female transgender brain, found that the brain volumes of transgender women were similar to that of cisgender females in certain areas, such as the central nucleus of the bed stria terminalis or interstitial nuclei of the anterior hypothalamus. These are areas that are essential in sexual behaviors, and the fact that the transgender female brain resembles the cisgender brain was important.

Researchers also looked at some gray-matter volumes and cortical thickness. Again, transgender brains showed similarities to the identified gender even before the patients started hormonal treatment.

When it comes to functional findings, the fMRI findings of the transgender brain versus the cisgender brain, the self body image networks become very, very important. Within the self body image networks, there was decreased connectivity in the transgender population compared to the cisgender population, showing that there was an issue with body self-perception in transgender people.

Other functional studies looked at brain activation. People were given certain tasks, and the activation of certain brain areas was reviewed. Again, transgender people showed a lot of similarities to their identified gender as opposed to their biological gender.

The crickets from the op is quite telling….

I have explained it but apparently it hasn't been sufficient for you. That isn't my problem. I have explained myself in my previous reply to your same claim. Fdeel free to contact Dr Murat Altinay at the Cleveland Clinic.

I have sourced all of my quotes as required for you to further read or carry out research of your own.

No you didn't explain where you contridicted yourself. So let's try again.
First you said:
In a gay or heterosexual male with a male gender identity, the amygdala would be male. The hypothalamus in a hetero male would be male, but if that same CIS guy was gay the hypothalamus would look more female. A lesbian would have a male hypothalamus, despite the fact that she was CIS female.

The amygdala in a trans female would look female, despite her otherwise male biological gender/sex.

I don't know why this concept is so difficult for Artisteaus to understand.
Thus claiming that the amygdala was the center for gender identity, and the hypothalamus was the center for sexual orientation.
Then you said:
The amygdala is about sexual orientation. Trans [people can be hetero, gay or bisexual, so it is irrelevant to gender identity. Maybe you should pay closer to the focus of the discussion instead of accusing someone else.

That would be the hypothalamus is related to a persons gender identity.

So which is it? These are your own words contradicting each other.

No you didn't explain where you contridicted yourself. So let's try again.
First you said:

Thus claiming that the amygdala was the center for gender identity, and the hypothalamus was the center for sexual orientation.
Then you said:

So which is it? These are your own words contradicting each other.
They are their words and their research. Obviously, I am not a Dr or involved in neuro research.

As I explained previously I used the fact that there is evidence in the brain, either the hypothalamus or the amygdala that proves that gender identity is not just an emotion but has a biological basis. feel free to contact them and ask whether is it the amygdala or the hypothalamus.

Also as a separate issue, you still have not been understanding what I have been asking you. Let me try to lay this out even more. Mind you, what I am putting out is what I am suspecting has happened, and I have been asking you if that actually happen, and not questioning the validity of what you claimed about the amygdala and the hypothalamus, your above contradiction aside.

In threads about homosexuality you would make the argument that bio males homosexuals have a brain structure closer to that of a woman (and naturally vice versa) and never mention the hypothalamus. Again, I've never seen you mention it outside of this thread.

In threads about transgenderism you would make the argument that transgender bio males have a brain structure closer to that of a woman (and naturally vice versa) and never mention the amygdala. As noted, I've never seen you mention this either outside of this thread.

Can you show where you have made the amygdala and hypothalamus arguments before this thread? Preferably prior to last week or whenever you first mentioned it in this thread.

They are their words and their research. Obviously, I am not a Dr or involved in neuro research.

As I explained previously I used the fact that there is evidence in the brain, either the hypothalamus or the amygdala that proves that gender identity is not just an emotion but has a biological basis. feel free to contact them and ask whether is it the amygdala or the hypothalamus.
I am asking about YOUR words, YOUR arguments. Do you not see where you said in one post that the amygdala was the seat of gender identity, and then said in another post in the exact same thread (this one) that the hypothalamus was the seat of gender identity? I posted your own words right there for you to read.

I am asking about YOUR words, YOUR arguments. Do you not see where you said in one post that the amygdala was the seat of gender identity, and then said in another post in the exact same thread (this one) that the hypothalamus was the seat of gender identity? I posted your own words right there for you to read.
I am not a researcher. I only read books and their papers. My university fields of study were engineering and philosophy. It wasn't biology or psychology.

Are you seeking to claim that psychological gender identity does not exist and then you will admit that you are gender critical?

I am only interested that gender identity is based on biology and not just a feeling or emotion.

I am not a researcher. I only read books and their papers. My university fields of study were engineering and philosophy. It wasn't biology or psychology.

Are you seeking to claim that psychological gender identity does not exist and then you will admit that you are gender critical?

I am only interested that gender identity is based on biology and not just a feeling or emotion.
Do you ever bother to realize who you are responding to and what they actually say? Or do you just look at the words and decide what the person must be saying whether those words match that idea or not? One would think that by now, you would recognize that I have been a consistent supporter of the LBGT+ community. Now while I might have different ideas as to possible causes (human chimera still fits within all the evidence), I have never claimed that either sexual orientation nor gender identity is anything other than innate, regardless of cause.

I am asking you to address the fact that YOU contradicted yourself. You didn't even go the path of saying, "Study A says this but study B says the opposite, but both show that it's biological". No, you just outright made contradictory claims and for some reason you can't even seem to acknowledge it, or recognize it.

"I'm straight."

"So that means you should have no problem sleeping with any male."

"How the hell do you figure that? There's plenty of men I'm not attracted to."

"Aha! Then you're either a lesbian or you hate men. Either way, hypocrite!"

"Okay...."

That's how stupid the OP sounds.
Yes this whole issue and thread would be solved if everyone just minded their own business.

And we do. The op just badly mangled an idea about examining your biases.
Meh biases are fine. I don't like blonds. If you have a problem with that, well your opinion means less than nothing to me. You leave me alone I leave you alone.

Meh biases are fine. I don't like blonds. If you have a problem with that, well your opinion means less than nothing to me. You leave me alone I leave you alone.
You dont have to change them **** sakes nobody is going to force you to do this... Its entirely optional.

Do you ever bother to realize who you are responding to and what they actually say? Or do you just look at the words and decide what the person must be saying whether those words match that idea or not? One would think that by now, you would recognize that I have been a consistent supporter of the LBGT+ community. Now while I might have different ideas as to possible causes (human chimera still fits within all the evidence), I have never claimed that either sexual orientation nor gender identity is anything other than innate, regardless of cause.

I am asking you to address the fact that YOU contradicted yourself. You didn't even go the path of saying, "Study A says this but study B says the opposite, but both show that it's biological". No, you just outright made contradictory claims and for some reason you can't even seem to acknowledge it, or recognize it.

This is Lisa's entire MO. Deny, deflect, gaslight. And if anyone disagrees with anything she says, they are a transphobic TERF, even if that person is transgender, or in this case, you.

Thats what we’ve been sayin lol. Sometimes preferences could be shaped by bigotry, thats quite a different sentence now isnt it?
If I was gay and 50 years younger I wouldn't seek to date you Bomberfox because i have this prejudice against boring self-righteous people.

Back
Top Bottom