• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your trans-exclusive dating and sexual practices are transphobic.

The amygdala is about sexual orientation. Trans [people can be hetero, gay or bisexual, so it is irrelevant to gender identity. Maybe you should pay closer to the focus of the discussion instead of accusing someone else.

That would be the hypothalamus is related to a persons gender identity.

Im really questioning this line of reasoning for similar reasons people are now starting to question the validity of the warrior gene.

i guess lol. I mean no lgbt+ advocate should be going around shaming others for their sexual preferences.
My sister is gay, she calls herself a lip stick lesbian. Dresses in skirts and high heels, not the stereo type lumber jack look.

She is often getting hit on by trans women, to which she says no thanks.

The amygdala is about sexual orientation. Trans [people can be hetero, gay or bisexual, so it is irrelevant to gender identity. Maybe you should pay closer to the focus of the discussion instead of accusing someone else.

The article he posted, which is from Scientific America, and not some conservative anti-LBGT source, does indeed say that it was activity in the amygdala that was common between gay men and straight women. He has provided a legitimate source, and you are not addressing the source, nor providing evidence of why that source is wrong.

That would be the hypothalamus is related to a persons gender identity.

Wait, you just said:
In a gay or heterosexual male with a male gender identity, the amygdala would be male. The hypothalamus in a hetero male would be male, but if that same CIS guy was gay the hypothalamus would look more female. A lesbian would have a male hypothalamus, despite the fact that she was CIS female.

The amygdala in a trans female would look female, despite her otherwise male biological gender/sex.

I don't know why this concept is so difficult for Artisteaus to understand.

In that post you said the amygdala was gender identity. So which is it?

Being CIS, NB or trans is independent of a persons sexual orientation, such as hetero, bi or gay

As a professor used to say, pick one from column A. (gender identity) and one from column B, (Sexual orientation). One column does not predetermine the other.

I am not making a point on whether or not one affects the other or not. I am asking if you have ever bothered to make that distinction of which part of the brain affects which condition before this thread, or instead have you only been putting out the argument that the gay brain or the trans woman brain is closer to the hetero cis female brain, without that distinction, since the two were not previously in the same thread together.

Basically, if you were in a thread about homosexuality but not transgenderism, and you noted that the gay male's brain structure was closer to a straight female than a straight male, you probably would not have mentioned the amygdala since the specific parts that were closer didn't matter to the conversation at hand. Same for transgender threads that didn't have homosexuality in them. Why bother to note the hypothalamus, when it didn't matter for that thread. It is only in noting that the same argument, which were both technically true, was being applied to both homosexuality and transgender identity, with no distinction. It is only this thread that I have ever seen you put forth the distinction between the amygdala and the hypothalamus. So it is reasonable to think that you were, amongst those single topic thread, making a singular argument earlier that would have meant that gay men were trans women.

Nobody wants nor expects the 'crying game'.

First of all, if this is what you learned 30 years ago, what have you done to make sure that nothing new has been learned since then, especially since this is a newer field and is getting more attention and study of late?

That said, I am trying to determine if you have ever before in these debates noted the difference in what the amygdala and the hypothalamus affect respectively, or, because the threads you've made brains structures claims in have always been about homosexuality alone or transgenderism alone, that you've never bothered to note the difference, hence the confusion here.

Merely being thirty years old is not enough to falsify a study. Shit, you've got people running around here with much older, more antiquated views than that.

The amygdala is about sexual orientation. The hypothalamus is related to a persons gender identity.
Hold on that is the opposite of what you said in post 496.

"Our sexual orientation is in the hypothalamus, which is a different part of the brain from the amygdala where gender identity appears to originate from."

How exactly does a woke psychologist talk a person into changing their sex?

Whoever it is, it's wrong.

How, exactly does a parent and/or doctor talk a child into changing it's sex? You tell me.

In my view, it's just wrong. Wait until the child is an adult. Children are too fickle to make these life changing decisions.

CHICAGO - A small but growing number of teens and even younger children who think they were born the wrong sex are getting support from parents and from doctors who give them sex-changing treatments, according to reports in the medical journal Pediatrics.

In that article, there are three referenced papers that are, by title at least, indicating that identity is determined by the hypothalamus. Which is contrary to the article that you posted. So your question of

seems to run back to you as well.

I've made no claims about where gender identity is formed. I just posted a scientific article that said gay men have a 'female' amygdala. It's Lisa that was claiming the amygdala is responsible for gender identity, not me.

How, exactly does a parent and/or doctor talk a child into changing it's sex? You tell me.

In my view, it's just wrong. Wait until the child is an adult. Children are too fickle to make these life changing decisions.

CHICAGO - A small but growing number of teens and even younger children who think they were born the wrong sex are getting support from parents and from doctors who give them sex-changing treatments, according to reports in the medical journal Pediatrics.
Doesnt mean the parents talked them into it.

Merely being thirty years old is not enough to falsify a study. Shit, you've got people running around here with much older, more antiquated views than that.
Granted, and I am not saying that what was found 30 years ago is wrong. But also look at how much we have learned and disproven from what was claimed just 30 years ago. Hell look at how many studies that even 10 years ago have been since overturned or discovered to be faulty or wrong. So I don't think it is outside reason to question older studies in light of newer one, or to ask if the newer studies support the older ones.

89017DB3-9BA1-4CE9-9685-54F80558A3F2.png

Aaand the Biphobia. Yeah once lgb alliance is done with the T they’re going to come for us.

70650F00-8DD0-44E2-B310-6AE375EE6840.png254A0CC9-92DA-43AF-9ABE-21876ED688B2.png

Gender criticals love to call women that dont agree with them men.

A psychologist doesn't talk anyone into changing their gender. The patient is diagnosed with gender dysphoria after a history and discussing how they feel and then the Dre and patient work together and discuss how the patient wants to proceed depending on their level of dysphoria. Some want to transition immediately with hormones, some may only want low doses of HRT because they may be non-binary and some do not want to transition at all.

How would a Dr. convince a patient to do something that they didn't want to do and wasn't medically supported? The fact that the action by the Dr would be malpractice seems to be lost on people who make this outrageous claim.
Children aren't making this decision. It is teens. Gender dysphoria doesn't go away if it is if you ignore it when it is present in their early teens. The situation only gets worse. You seem to think that this decision is made in a 20-minute appointment but it is not.

Gender dysphoria is not new. It has always been present and the treatment is not new.

Oh come on, it's pretty obvious they were talking about straight people.
Trans people can also be heterosexual. More than 50% of them are.

"I'm straight."

"So that means you should have no problem sleeping with any male."

"How the hell do you figure that? There's plenty of men I'm not attracted to."

"Aha! Then you're either a lesbian or you hate men. Either way, hypocrite!"

"Okay...."

That's how stupid the OP sounds.

Last edited:
You constantly go on about the brain. You do know gay men have parts of the brain that more closely align with women's brains than straight men, right? That doesn't make gay men women.
Exactly. However a trans brain is not a gay brain.

You sure they are given the treatment? Lots of studies i see trot around think referral automatically implies treatment was given.

Exactly. However a trans brain is not a gay brain.
Artist doesnt quite get it. The reason gay males and females have similarities is that both people are attracted to males, which is shared in their similar sexual orientation area of the brain. Gay guys are CISgender males so they do not share a female gender identity with CIS females.

Artist doesnt quite get it. The reason gay males and females have similarities is that both people are attracted to males, which is shared in their similar sexual orientation area of the brain. Gay guys are CISgender males so they do not share a female gender identity with CIS females.
What I'm not getting right now is you not addressing your conflicting statements, that two of us have brought up now, nor addressing two conflicting pieces of evidence, both from legitimate sources.

Can you clarify what area of the brain you believe controls sexual orientation and which part controls gender identity, because you have in the past contradicted yourself on this issue.

Has anyone ever bothered to do an MRI or whatever they use to look at a brain before a person declares a gender identity, or sexual orientation for that matter? If the claim is that they have discovered that trans people have a brain or portion of the brain that is more similar to the bio female's or the bio male's, depending on which they are, then there was some kind of study done looking at actual brain structures. But to my recollection, all of those studies were done on those who have declared that they are trans or gay.
There have been attempted studies to that effect, and there has been no discernable connection between the structure of the brain and whether someone is homosexual or trans. You can't do a brain scan of any kind and see "this guy is gay" or "this woman is a lesbian" - or "this person is genderqueer" or "this person is non-binary" -

It is discoverable whether a person is male or female, though, by looking at their hip bone structure, or studying their DNA. You can't know, however, whether that person liked to have sex with one sex or the other, or thought of themselves as a man, woman, nothing, in between, or a gender outlaw or ambigender or pangender, or whatever.

There have been attempted studies to that effect, and there has been no discernable connection between the structure of the brain and whether someone is homosexual or trans. You can't do a brain scan of any kind and see "this guy is gay" or "this woman is a lesbian" - or "this person is genderqueer" or "this person is non-binary" -

It is discoverable whether a person is male or female, though, by looking at their hip bone structure, or studying their DNA.

You don't recognize intersexuality?

You can't know, however, whether that person liked to have sex with one sex or the other, or thought of themselves as a man, woman, nothing, in between, or a gender outlaw or ambigender or pangender, or whatever.

What I'm not getting right now is you not addressing your conflicting statements, that two of us have brought up now, nor addressing two conflicting pieces of evidence, both from legitimate sources.
According to this source, it can be either or. 07-2006

Even oft-repeated gender stereotypes harbor some truth: Angry men are more likely to yell or punch a wall, whereas angry women sit silently stewing. Now, a new study is tracing these distinctions in how men and women process emotion to an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain. Not only does the structure, the amygdala, function differently by gender, but its activity in men is also coupled with very different brain regions than it is in women.

The amygdala straddles both sides of the brain and helps control how emotions such as fear are processed and remembered. Several studies have found gender differences when the amygdala is stimulated--by having volunteers recall scary movies, for example. In men, the right side of the amygdala, known simply as the right amygdala, appears more likely to become active, whereas in women it's the left. Neurobiologist Larry Cahill of the University of California, Irvine, wondered whether this difference was hardwired--whether, in other words, the amygdala retained its gender-specific tendencies even when nothing was activating it. If so, this would suggest that the structure was inherently different in men than in women.

Cahill and his colleagues studied PET scans of 36 men and 36 women, all of whom were right-handed. The scans had been collected for various brain studies where volunteers were asked to close their eyes and relax while the pictures were taken. The team found that, even at rest, the amygdala worked differently in men and women. In women, blood flow to the left amygdala ebbed and flowed along with other brain structures while the right amygdala did little. In men, it was blood flow to the right amygdala that varied along with blood flow elsewhere in the brain, the researchers report 1 April NeuroImage.

Especially intriguing, says Cahill, were the regions with which the amygdala was acting in concert. In women, those tended to be the hypothalamus, which directs the body's stress response and affects feelings, and the related subgenual cortex. In men, the amygdala acted with motor and visual brain areas, which are "believed important for interacting with the external world," says Cahill. He admits he doesn't know what the volunteers were thinking while being scanned or whether that affected the results.

I am only using this to illustrate that psychological gender identity is not just an emotion but is based on biology, so it's not a choice, and it cannot be changed by therapy or even medication. It is also wholly independent of our sexual orientation which also has a biological basis. There is no link between gender identity and sexual orientation. So a guy can be very gay (sharing a sexual orientation with females, because both are attracted to men) but also be very masculine (having a very strong male gender identity).

Back
Top Bottom