• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your trans-exclusive dating and sexual practices are transphobic.

View attachment 67413257

Yay for TERF island? Yeesh these people deserve tory rule for another couple of decades until they can stop making shit up.
Holy Sheep. They call themselves an LGB alliance and then claim that LGB children and teens don't exist and don't exist to help LGB kids. If LGB children and teens don't exist then how do LGB adults exist?

Can you say gaslighting, boys and girls?

Holy Sheep. They call themselves an LGB alliance and then claim that LGB children and teens don't exist and don't exist to help LGB kids. If LGB children and teens don't exist then how do LGB adults exist?

Can you say gaslighting, boys and girls?
Yep the LGB alliance is definitely a hate group JK supports. TERFism is the feminism of fools and the cruel hearted.

Nope

This gay man disagrees. I like a young man who can wear a speedo properly without stuffing the front with a sock.

You really don't know us gay men at all do you?
Yeah even as a “woke guy” i can seriously say the op shat the bed….

Yep the LGB alliance is definitely a hate group JK supports. TERFism is the feminism of fools and the cruel hearted.
It's very obvious that the TERFS cannot tell the truth about their bigotry, so they try to claim that they are LGBT-supportive in the same way that Crisis Pregnancy centers try to deny their fundamentalist religious beliefs.

It's very obvious that the TERFS cannot tell the truth about their bigotry, so they try to claim that they are LGBT-supportive in the same way that Crisis Pregnancy centers try to deny their fundamentalist religious beliefs.
Every hate group tries to justify their hatred as protection.

I think you're making the same argument as me though.

Lisa's claim (which now appears to be incorrect, so somewhat moot) was 1) that the amygdala was responsible for gender identity, 2) a transwoman's amygdala was the same/more similar to a woman's than a mans, 3) ipso facto a transwoman is a woman because they have a "female" brain.

I pointed out that the amygdala of gay men also was the same/more similar to a woman's than a mans, and thus either her argument was wrong or gay men must be women due to having a "female" brain.
Did you show that the amygdala of a gay man was more similar to a bio female's? Because her argument would be that the hypothalamus was similar in a gay male, but not the amygdala. I mean I could have missed that particular link, given all there have been in this thread, plus if too many posts happen between my looking, I can end up missing some.

Only in a small area that functions independently. If your idea was true then gender identity and sexual orientation would be linked, but know that someone can be both gay and CIS, or heterosexual and trans.
I did not put forth an idea here yet, at least not as far as this line of my questioning to you goes.. Don't mix me up with @Aristaeus.

So my next question is, is this thread the first time you have put forth, to the best of your recollection, the concepts of the amygdala and the hypothalamus being the source of gender identity and sexual orientation respectively? I don't recall you ever having done so, but I really doubt I have been in all of the threads that you might have done so.

There is no way to tell a person's gender identity by examining the brain.
Has anyone ever bothered to do an MRI or whatever they use to look at a brain before a person declares a gender identity, or sexual orientation for that matter? If the claim is that they have discovered that trans people have a brain or portion of the brain that is more similar to the bio female's or the bio male's, depending on which they are, then there was some kind of study done looking at actual brain structures. But to my recollection, all of those studies were done on those who have declared that they are trans or gay.

I did not put forth an idea here yet, at least not as far as this line of my questioning to you goes.. Don't mix me up with @Aristaeus.

So my next question is, is this thread the first time you have put forth, to the best of your recollection, the concepts of the amygdala and the hypothalamus being the source of gender identity and sexual orientation respectively? I don't recall you ever having done so, but I really doubt I have been in all of the threads that you might have done so.
I learned of this over 30 years ago (1989) in a college psych course on human sexuality. Why do you ask?

Well at least one person admits the goal of the LGBA C04FF151-1F14-4C89-9DE3-51458717352C.png

Did you show that the amygdala of a gay man was more similar to a bio female's? Because her argument would be that the hypothalamus was similar in a gay male, but not the amygdala. I mean I could have missed that particular link, given all there have been in this thread, plus if too many posts happen between my looking, I can end up missing some.
In a gay or heterosexual male with a male gender identity, the amygdala would be male. The hypothalamus in a hetero male would be male, but if that same CIS guy was gay the hypothalamus would look more female. A lesbian would have a male hypothalamus, despite the fact that she was CIS female.

The amygdala in a trans female would look female, despite her otherwise male biological gender/sex.

I don't know why this concept is so difficult for Artisteaus to understand.

In a gay or heterosexual male with a male gender identity, the amygdala would be male. The hypothalamus in a hetero male would be male, but if that same CIS guy was gay the hypothalamus would look more female. A lesbian would have a male hypothalamus, despite the fact that she was CIS female.

The amygdala in a trans female would look female, despite her otherwise male biological gender/sex.

Because Aristaeus is happy with being just as shitty to people he supposedly advocated for.

39DAAAC5-4D36-4DB8-A6A5-A4AB6C83FDD5.png5E79785B-795D-4170-AD3F-099D944D7F87.png9B15B71D-1D7F-4E24-89F6-A20483531946.png

They just keep on admitting their goals.

76D1673E-F80A-49D8-B4C1-78D3B70013F8.png

This is how ****ing awful terfs are. They want to inject themselves into a long time alliance and tear it apart for their own greed.

Post #551

Scientists at the Stockholm Brain Institute in Sweden report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA that gay men and straight women share similar traits—most notably in the size of their brains and the activity of the amygdala

Err, I posted a study saying the amygdala of gay cis men look like a woman's amygdala. Do you read anything anyone posts?

Anyway, the amygdala doesn’t even appear to be responsible for gender identity, so it's irrelevant.

Medical science says that you are wrong.

You do realise the study you've linked here says the brain of transgender women are closer cis men than cis women:

"The Brain Sex of transgender women was estimated as 0.75 ± 0.39, thus hovering between cisgender men and cisgender women, albeit closer to cisgender men."

Err, I posted a study saying the amygdala of gay cis men look like a woman's amygdala. Do you read anything anyone posts?

The amygdala is about sexual orientation. Trans [people can be hetero, gay or bisexual, so it is irrelevant to gender identity. Maybe you should pay closer to the focus of the discussion instead of accusing someone else.

Anyway, the amygdala doesn’t even appear to be responsible for gender identity, so it's irrelevant.

That would be the hypothalamus is related to a persons gender identity.

Furthermore, we know that the concept of "gender identity" itself is not simple: It has many dimensions, each of which can vary. There is overlap between the classical genders, as there is in physical measures such as height or strength. This means that, even if we find such apparent gender differences in the brain, they might be difficult to interpret. Furthermore, such differences may be related to factors other than gender identity (for example, sexual preference).

So what has been found? A considerable number of gender differences in the brain have been described. Reassuringly, many of them lie in those parts of the brain that we know are concerned with sexuality (though also with other functions). For example, an area of the hypothalamus, part of the brain well known to be concerned with sexuality (but also with eating, drinking, aggression and other means of survival) is larger in males than females, and smaller in male-to-female transgender brains.

I learned of this over 30 years ago (1989) in a college psych course on human sexuality. Why do you ask?

First of all, if this is what you learned 30 years ago, what have you done to make sure that nothing new has been learned since then, especially since this is a newer field and is getting more attention and study of late?

That said, I am trying to determine if you have ever before in these debates noted the difference in what the amygdala and the hypothalamus affect respectively, or, because the threads you've made brains structures claims in have always been about homosexuality alone or transgenderism alone, that you've never bothered to note the difference, hence the confusion here.

Yeah even as a “woke guy” i can seriously say the op shat the bed….
Its obvious the OP is basing her post off a personal experience.

Lack of swipes on Tinder? 🙄

Its obvious the OP is basing her post off a personal experience.

Lack of swipes on Tinder? 🙄
i guess lol. I mean no lgbt+ advocate should be going around shaming others for their sexual preferences.

You do realise the study you've linked here says the brain of transgender women are closer cis men than cis women:

"The Brain Sex of transgender women was estimated as 0.75 ± 0.39, thus hovering between cisgender men and cisgender women, albeit closer to cisgender men."
In that article, there are three referenced papers that are, by title at least, indicating that identity is determined by the hypothalamus. Which is contrary to the article that you posted. So your question of
Do you read anything anyone posts?
seems to run back to you as well.

First of all, if this is what you learned 30 years ago, what have you done to make sure that nothing new has been learned since then, especially since this is a newer field and is getting more attention and study of late?

That was just the start. Its been 30 plus years of constant learning since that time.
That said, I am trying to determine if you have ever before in these debates noted the difference in what the amygdala and the hypothalamus affect respectively, or, because the threads you've made brains structures claims in have always been about homosexuality alone or transgenderism alone, that you've never bothered to note the difference, hence the confusion here.
Being CIS, NB or trans is independent of a persons sexual orientation, such as hetero, bi or gay.

As a professor used to say, pick one from column A. (gender identity) and one from column B, (Sexual orientation). One column does not predetermine the other.

Back
Top Bottom