• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your trans-exclusive dating and sexual practices are transphobic.

Gay men share a structure similar to females in the part of the brain that controls their sexual orientation. A person's sexual orientation does not in any way have anything to do with the male or femaleness of the person. I am not sure how to get through to you that gay men are not female, don't feel female, and have no desire to be female. They are very male, as determined by their psychological gender identity that is male.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender identity. A gay guy can be very macho and very very gay(leather or bears), just as a woman can be very feminine and be very gay (lipstick lesbian)

You said : "Sexual orientation is very different from gender identity. Our sexual orientation is in the hypothalamus, which is a different part of the brain from the amygdala where gender identity appears to originate."

Your argument has been that transwomen are women because their amygdala is more like a woman's than a man's.

I'm pointing out that the amygdala of gay men is also more likely a woman's than a man's. So either your amygdala claim is wrong or gay men are women. (Remember, you say the amygdala is where gender identity originates).

But do not both have a brain structure closer to a bio female's brain structure, even if the similarities are in different areas?

Actually, the similarities are in the same area.
Lisa says gender identity originates in the amygdala (although on further looking this appears to be incorrect).*
Gay men and transwomen both have amygdala that more closely resembles women's than men's.

*From what I can see on a quick Google search the amygdala appears to be in charge of processing and regulating fear and threatening stimuli.

"The main sexually dimorphic areas associated with the development of gender identity are represented by the central subdivision of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BNST) and the third interstitial nucleus of the anterior hypothalamus."

A lesbian would have the brain structure that appears to be more male in the area of the brain that control sexual orientation, but that is no way would suggest that she would be butch or want to be trans-male. Sexual orientation and gender identity are very very different and wholly independent of the other , so that one would have no effect on the other.
OK let's stop there. Don't try to anticipate what I am shooting for. You've missed the mark on that before. Simply ATQ (Answer The Question)

Do not both a gay man and a trans woman have a brain structure closer to a bio female's brain structure, even if the similarities to the bio female's brain structure are in different areas?

I knew a creepy man in college who was found rummaging through a girl's dirty laundry in her room.

He explained himself as being a "trans lesbian" who was struggling with his own sexuality and identity.

As a result, the demented pervert started his journey to becoming one of these fine, upstanding individuals and was never disciplined.

The girl ended up quitting her tertiary studies and moving back in with her parents because the university refused to do anything about moving this freak away from her or protecting her in any way.

Anyway, this trans man is now alive and well - a journalist in fact - in one of the more "progressive" parts of my city so he can continue to gratify his sick delusions with as little consequence as possible and disseminate his brave and totally noble struggle to the general public so that people who are vulnerable to terrible ideas like his might end up doing something they regret.

Is this fair?
The problem is that the college was run by idiots. It doesn't matter whether the person was man or woman, cis or trans, straight or gay. What matter was someone other than her was in her room going through her dirty laundry. This issue is completely outside any LBGT concerns.

I could tell you about the 9 other trans people I knew very closely (I had to work with them as clients and had access to a lot of privileged information) - those stories are actually far worse than the one I just told you about - like not even in the same ballpark.

These were criminals who had committed violent sex acts against children and adults (mostly children), so I decided to be generous and describe one of the most benign trans people I had the displeasure of crossing paths with.

I also (up to this point) have omitted the couple of trans people I have witnessed in public because I don't particularly know their back stories, but I can think of at least 3 that I've seen in public, in passing, usually muttering schizoid shit to themselves, reeking of stale urine or cum as if basic human hygiene doesn't apply to them because they're special.

So there's 13/13 trans people who, I've witnessed, who are absolutely are unacceptable members of our society compared to the 0/13 trans people, I've witnessed, who are decent, reasonable people whose disgusting behaviour (that absolutely affects innocent people) isn't being not just accepted but actually celebrated and encouraged by some misguided progressives.

All of these trans people were biological men too. Jeez, I wonder why.
Well if you want to play the witness game, I can easily come up with 50+ transpeople I have witnessed who have not been a problem at all. So obviously, there are far more good trans people than bad. Not to mention that pretty much every demographic group you can come up with of significant numbers has these weirdos and predators. Look at the Catholic clergy for example.

13/13.

At some point, you have to call a spade a spade.

I definitely don't believe your experiences.
And yours are any more believable ...... how?

That's not at all what it is.

And I'm glad you think this shit is funny because I sure don't.

Personally, I don't find real instances of rape, sexual assault and pedophilia at the hands of people who are being encouraged to behave that way to be a laughing matter.
There is not one thing about being transgender, or homosexual for that matter since those same accusations are flung at them, that encourages rap, sexual assault and/or pedophilia, nor hebephilia or ephebophilia just to cover the entire range of minors.

Decent people with healthy moral compasses typically regard rape and pedophilia as offensive forms of sex.

If you really think bringing up those topics add "levity" to this discussion, I can't help you.

Wow.

I don't want to stereotype anyone. I just described 9/9 trans people who I knew well beyond the superficial.

I told you about the extra four.

If I meet just one trans person who doesn't meet the typical profile, I'll change my tune.
Come visit. I'll introduce you to 10 who do not meet your claimed "typical" profile. Just regular everyday people with their own everyday regular problems.

You said : "Sexual orientation is very different from gender identity. Our sexual orientation is in the hypothalamus, which is a different part of the brain from the amygdala where gender identity appears to originate."

Your argument has been that transwomen are women because their amygdala is more like a woman's than a man's.

I'm pointing out that the amygdala of gay men is also more (like) a woman's than a man's. So either your amygdala claim is wrong or gay men are women. (Remember, you say the amygdala is where gender identity originates).

I did a spelling correction because the correct word is important to the point.

You are making a strawman argument here. The initial argument in both cases is that the brain structure is more like a biological female's brain structure. There is not the claim that it is identical to the bio female's structure. Which means that there are some areas that will be still closer to the biological male structure. Thus the amygdala could be one of the areas that is like a female's, but the hypothalamus is still like a male's. Or it may be vice versa. Or both areas happen to be like a bio female's structure. 3 possible outcomes. A person who was born XY with a penis where only (of the two parts we are focusing on) the hypothalamus was the same structure as a bio female's would be a person attracted to men with a man's gender identity. If only the amygdala held the similar structure, then the person would be a person attracted to women with a woman's gender identity. If both areas were similar to the bio female structure, then the person would be attracted to men with a woman's gender identity.

@Lisa @Aristaeus

I ran cross this:

If I am reading this correctly, while it is placing orientation in the hypothalamus, specifically the anterior, It seems the identity issue is more in the right hemisphere as opposed to the amygdala. I am still struggling with some of the things that they are using the abbreviations on (yes I know that the actual words are earlier on, just under Table 1, but I still don't understand them), but this is a study that compared transgender, cis hetero and cis homo side by side, instead of cis hetero only beside either or the other two. Regardless, the study seems to show that it is indeed two separate parts of the brain that are affecting orientation and identity.

I did a spelling correction because the correct word is important to the point.

You are making a strawman argument here. The initial argument in both cases is that the brain structure is more like a biological female's brain structure. There is not the claim that it is identical to the bio female's structure. Which means that there are some areas that will be still closer to the biological male structure. Thus the amygdala could be one of the areas that is like a female's, but the hypothalamus is still like a male's. Or it may be vice versa. Or both areas happen to be like a bio female's structure. 3 possible outcomes. A person who was born XY with a penis where only (of the two parts we are focusing on) the hypothalamus was the same structure as a bio female's would be a person attracted to men with a man's gender identity. If only the amygdala held the similar structure, then the person would be a person attracted to women with a woman's gender identity. If both areas were similar to the bio female structure, then the person would be attracted to men with a woman's gender identity.

I think you're making the same argument as me though.

Lisa's claim (which now appears to be incorrect, so somewhat moot) was 1) that the amygdala was responsible for gender identity, 2) a transwoman's amygdala was the same/more similar to a woman's than a mans, 3) ipso facto a transwoman is a woman because they have a "female" brain.

I pointed out that the amygdala of gay men also was the same/more similar to a woman's than a mans, and thus either her argument was wrong or gay men must be women due to having a "female" brain.

OK let's stop there. Don't try to anticipate what I am shooting for. You've missed the mark on that before. Simply ATQ (Answer The Question)

Do not both a gay man and a trans woman have a brain structure closer to a bio female's brain structure, even if the similarities to the bio female's brain structure are in different areas?
Only in a small area that functions independently. If your idea was true then gender identity and sexual orientation would be linked, but know that someone can be both gay and CIS, or heterosexual and trans.

This is the core of the toxic transsexual phenomenon that has gone on for about 7 years now.

It's not an acceptable disposition for anyone to have - the issue has been so dirtily muddied that people are removed from reality whenever the issue is brought up.

It's remarkable that an OP like this - stating that heterosexual men preferring to have sex with women and not other men is somehow transphobic and thus, bad - has even been given a shred of rational thought.

And the omission in the OP reveals the true nature of this problem: "trans people" are just straight white men who are that far gone psychosexually that they resort to these drastic and damaging measures; that's where it started - now that it's been established, garbage is being peddled to children under the veil of social progress.

Maybe transphobia is a good thing that should be encouraged as much as possible.

Cool lets meet up and discuss over my knee :). Ill be happy to get you acquainted.

Live a little and dare to think for yourself for once and exercise common sense.

You would benefit from entertaining the idea and, if you're doing things right, accept the reality that a lot of professionals and career academics are complete ****tards and their credentials are worthless. Is this really new to you?

What else?

You've got a problem with the word "delusional"?

My statement fits like a glove: "If a person believes that they are the opposite biological sex then it is delusional by the strictest possible definition....."

delusional

adjective: delusional
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"

2. Based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.
    "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"
😂 seems like jealousy to me.

I'm pointing out that the amygdala of gay men is also more likely a woman's than a man's. So either your amygdala claim is wrong or gay men are women. (Remember, you say the amygdala is where gender identity originates).
There is no way to tell a person's gender identity by examining the brain.

There is no way to tell a person's gender identity by examining the brain.
Medical science says that you are wrong.

The observed shift away from a male-typical brain anatomy towards a female-typical one in people who identify as transgender women suggests a possible underlying neuroanatomical correlate for a female gender identity. That is, all transgender women included in this study were confirmed to be genetic males who had not undergone any gender-affirming hormone therapy. Thus, these transgender women have been subject to the influence of androgens and grown up (at least up until a certain age) in an environment that presumably treated them as males. The combination of male genes, androgens, and (to some degree) male upbringing should ordinarily be expected to result in a male-typical brain [39,40,41,42,43,44,45], making a female-typical brain anatomy extremely unlikely. Yet, the brain anatomy in the current sample of transgender women is shifted towards their gender identity—an observation that is at least partly in agreement with previous reports, as discussed in the following.

See the difference between gender criticals and trans activists is any abuse that gender criticals get gets blasted on the BBC and the guardian day in and day out and they keep collages they like to trot out to win arguments. Trans activists dont get that luxury ever.

And this one.

Then he was likely closeted trans or NB. That would mean that he is actually heterosexual trans female.

No, just a gay guy who didn't make the mistake of changing his sex. I met him again 55 years later, through and old female friend of mine I reconnected with via the internet, and he told me he was so glad he wasn't a teen in the 2010s where some woke psychologist might have talked the impressionable younger guy to change his sex. Now he's very glad to be male and pretty much came to that realization in his 30s. .

No, just a gay guy who didn't make the mistake of changing his sex. I met him again 55 years later, through and old female friend of mine I reconnected with via the internet, and he told me he was so glad he wasn't a teen in the 2010s where some woke psychologist might have talked the impressionable younger guy to change his sex. Now he's very glad to be male and pretty much came to that realization in his 30s. .

How exactly does a woke psychologist talk a person into changing their sex?

Remember that we're attracted to genders and not genitals. We must affirm trans women are women and trans men are trans men in all aspect of life including our romantic and sexual relationships or we don't really affirm trans people.

Of course I'm sure all the weirdo straight guys who wouldn't do a hot trans chick because she has an icky peepee won't agree.
Nope

This gay man disagrees. I like a young man who can wear a speedo properly without stuffing the front with a sock.

You really don't know us gay men at all do you?

How exactly does a woke psychologist talk a person into changing their sex?

Bad psychs destroy lives in the most outrageous ways.

Regarding trans people, this tiny trailer shows the enlightened individuals who, despite their credentials, have the potential to do so using junk science and straight up idiocy -

Contrast these assholes with the people from 3rd World Countries who are utterly disgusted by what The West is doing and wouldn't decide to live with us on that basis - they have more insight than these dangerous academic idiots.

This phenomenon can be blamed wholly on the realm of academia and other sheltered people who have never had to test their common sense in any meaningful way.

They've got a lot of suicides and destroyed lives on their hands.

8242B311-0E97-4C84-8CED-353784E58E29.jpeg

Yay for TERF island? Yeesh these people deserve tory rule for another couple of decades until they can stop making shit up.

Back
Top Bottom