• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your thoughts on Agnostics

Bingo. You just exhibited knowledge gleaned from fiction. You know it's not true.

OM

Oh dear. How old were you when you learned that fiction was not true? I was very young.

To be fair, he has knowledge about the myth of Taranis, but he would have read that in a non-fiction book.

Actually it was fictional. I once had a book of old Celtic myths.

OM

I'm not talking about proving something. This is like the 4th time I've mentioned that, and yet ya'll keep going back to that. I'm talking knowledge of a subject.

OM
Neither am I
I am talking about your wording. If you state you KNOW God or Taranis it is given that you are stating that they exist and the knowledge you have is true
This is false, which you have admitted
To state it correctly you need to qualify your statement for example:
"I have knowledge of what the Bible says about God" or "I have knowledge of the stories about Taranis"
To claim there is no difference between those statements and "I have knowledge of God/Taranis" is false

To be fair, he has knowledge about the myth of Taranis, but he would have read that in a non-fiction book.

I'm not denying he has knowledge about the myth, I'm denying he has knowledge about Taranis. There is a difference.

Oh dear. How old were you when you learned that fiction was not true? I was very young.

Fairly soon after I learned to read; but that's not at all what I was saying.

OM

I know plenty about Taranis. Probably more than you, even.

Such is your claim, but all you keep talking about are myths, not Taranis.

I'm not denying he has knowledge about the myth, I'm denying he has knowledge about Taranis. There is a difference.

He knows that. He must be bored but I am enjoying the mental hoops he is jumping through.

Neither am I
I am talking about your wording. If you state you KNOW God or Taranis it is given that you are stating that they exist and the knowledge you have is true
This is false , which you have admitted
To state it correctly you need to qualify your statement for example:
"I have knowledge of what the Bible says about God" or "I have knowledge of the stories about Taranis"
To claim there is no difference between those statements and "I have knowledge of God/Taranis" is false

I have already established that several times already; my knowledge of Taranis has led me to understand that he is mythical. Same can be said of the biblical God.

OM

I have already established that several times already; my knowledge of Taranis has led me to understand that he is mythical. Same can be said of the biblical God.

OM

Your knowledge of the myth of Taranis.

He knows that. He must be bored but I am enjoying the mental hoops he is jumping through.

I know, it's funny to watch. You have to be really clueless or really bored to keep going on this for so long.

I find myself amused; a far cry from "mental hoops".

OM

OM
You ignored my post entirely and just repeated the same thing over and over again Deal with what I am actually saying
But you have no actual knowledge of Taranis, you keep saying it wrong. What you have is knowledge of the stories of Taranis

Do you honestly not comprehend the difference between the two statements?

Your knowledge of the myth of Taranis.

Precisely. Similar to my knowledge of biblical myths and the biblical God. Never said they were real.

OM

I know, it's funny to watch. You have to be really clueless or really bored to keep going on this for so long.

Funny you should say that, seeing as you're going post-for-post with me on the topic. Hey, if you want me to shut up, just say so.

OM

You ignored my post entirely and just repeated the same thing over and over again Deal with what I am actually saying
But you have no actual knowledge of Taranis, you keep saying it wrong. What you have is knowledge of the stories of Taranis

Do you honestly not comprehend the difference between the two statements?

I have knowledge of Taranis based upon what I have read about Taranis.

OM

Again important difference

Only when you shifted the goal posts by suddenly including "real" into the equation (which I wasn't discussing).

OM

Precisely. Similar to my knowledge of biblical myths and the biblical God. Never said they were real.

Except you don't have any knowledge of the Biblical God, only the stories told in the Bible. They are not the same.

I have knowledge of Taranis based upon what I have read about Taranis.

OM

No you have knowledge of the stories of Taranis
Lets try it another way
I have knowledge of the conspiracy theory that Sandy Hook was a false flag event
I do not have knowledge that Sandy Hook was false flag event.

Back
Top Bottom